Birth rate to drop further?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eyes

Nov 15, 2003
Australia
www.aljazeera.net
It appears that sociologist are expecting the birth rate to drop further. :bigeyes:

I was bought in to think that with the surge of new citizens, the birth rate would surge too and hence resolve the aging and unproductive families issues.

So this news comes as a surprise.

Birth rate may dip more

A related news:

Samsung VP commits suicide

The moment you turn Singaporean you stop pro-creating...

who dare to give birth like mass production factories ? things are unstable and expensive nowadays.

It appears that sociologist are expecting the birth rate to drop further. :bigeyes:

I was bought in to think that with the surge of new citizens, the birth rate would surge too and hence resolve the aging and unproductive families issues.

So this news comes as a surprise.

Birth rate may dip more

A related news:

Samsung VP commits suicide

the new citizens are not stupid, they will look at the old citizens and gathered actual information of the ground before planning the next move.

the new citizens are not stupid, they will look at the old citizens and gathered actual information of the ground before planning the next move.

well.most ppl will want to only maybe have 1 kid? i dunno. tat seems like a trend now. amidst all the stuff, having a kid is expensive.

country also keep on importing ppl. kinda dun help to make matters easier:think:

After shouldering the responsibility of baby-child-teenage care for a certain number of years, only the lucky few still feel as enthusiastic as before.
Many would simply feel a little blase.
Granted, along the way, most will still generate sufficient (self) motivation to complete their duties until their children become independent.
But it is inevitable that there permeates a general feeling of social malaise towards child-raising.

birth rate low...is a sign of affluence. exactly becoz it cost so much to bring up a child to have the best of everything that not many child is being brought into the world. lower the requirement a bit...hmmm...maybe.

but the biggest problem with the low birth rate i feel, lies in the sky rocketing prices of housing nowadays. property prices shoot up, and everything else goes with them. some wont even consider marrying until they can afford a house of their own, a place to plant their roots (especially for singaporeans). the oni cheaper place (hdb flats that's like far away from anything) is oni available for them if they're married...so it's kinda like a catch-22 here.

so, no house, no marriage. no marriage, no...er...that 'thing'. no that 'thing', no babies...lol.:bsmilie:

well.most ppl will want to only maybe have 1 kid? i dunno. tat seems like a trend now. amidst all the stuff, having a kid is expensive.

it is not the problem of money.

most of the people i have spoken to are so scared of their kids turning into brats. :bsmilie: i can see where they are coming from!

If you want children.... you would want to have them with or without extra goverment benefit ($$$)

If you DON'T want to have children (due to your lifestyle).... very little could be done.

the phobia of having a spoiled kid is also quite scary...

Create a baby farm then. New borns are paid a fixed sum and give to the institution. The farm will nurture them to become whatever profession the country lacks.

who dare to give birth like mass production factories ? things are unstable and expensive nowadays.

birth rate low...is a sign of affluence. exactly becoz it cost so much to bring up a child to have the best of everything that not many child is being brought into the world. lower the requirement a bit...hmmm...maybe.

but the biggest problem with the low birth rate i feel, lies in the sky rocketing prices of housing nowadays. property prices shoot up, and everything else goes with them. some wont even consider marrying until they can afford a house of their own, a place to plant their roots (especially for singaporeans). the oni cheaper place (hdb flats that's like far away from anything) is oni available for them if they're married...so it's kinda like a catch-22 here.

so, no house, no marriage. no marriage, no...er...that 'thing'. no that 'thing', no babies...lol.:bsmilie:

u never read today's newspapers arrr ?? we are told to be thankful for expensive flats ! becos your own flat is now made valuable !!

u never read today's newspapers arrr ?? we are told to be thankful for expensive flats ! becos your own flat is now made valuable !!

really feel the govt are like our parents, forever treating us like kids...

Create a baby farm then. New borns are paid a fixed sum and give to the institution. The farm will nurture them to become whatever profession the country lacks.
a'la matrix?
y? i havent buy my flat...frankly...at the rate these things increase in price...i doubt i could ever own one with my ever decreasing pay...

Birth rate thingy is very much psychological. When the family or group nucleus is spread far across, young fertiles loss their interest to reproduce and have too much worries bec of cost and experience to nurture. As times passes, the hormone of desire to reproduction is postponed.

Throw the fertiles into a town with lots of babies and the hormone will come back again. It is a norm, when the area begans to overcrowd, reproduction reduces.

More damaging is the mindset that current Singaporeans have.

Whenever the topic of babies is there, straightaway without thinking off the mouth will be the reason of cost of raising the kid. That mindset is unfortunately so deep that there are people who can't think of any other stuff first.

Continue saying that every time, even if it's not true, people will think it's true.

libido are there
fertility may be there too
but no production

so government should ban contraception based on age group, income level etc LOL
I just see it, news headline: Singapore bans selling contraception to childless women aged between 22 to 35, who hare married and has family income level above 24K p.a.

Last edited:
More damaging is the mindset that current Singaporeans have.

Whenever the topic of babies is there, straightaway without thinking off the mouth will be the reason of cost of raising the kid. That mindset is unfortunately so deep that there are people who can't think of any other stuff first.

Continue saying that every time, even if it's not true, people will think it's true.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

libido are there
fertility may be there too
but no production

so government should ban contraception based on age group, income level etc LOL
I just see it, news headline: Singapore bans selling contraception to childless women aged between 22 to 35, who hare married and has family income level above 24K p.a.

family income 24k p.a is not alot of money.

30k is abt 2500 per mth. minus cpf = 2000
@ $2000 you wan to have kids? you will be close to feeding from hand to mouth.:nono:

do u know the cost of even giving birth alone from consulation to hospital can cost about 5k
lets not forget nusery fee (if both parents are working) can come to 400 a month easily.

ps im not saying that if u earn less than 2.5k per annum u cant have babies...its just harder

ban contraception is just plain dumb. u will have tons of unwanted orphans in the street.

Status
Not open for further replies.