Birds!! Hungry?

probemax

Jul 22, 2010
180742_189022604465597_100000735773395_559589_6191274_n.jpg

1. In which area is critique or feedback to be given?
Just trying to see what works. 1st time taking this kind of shot. Appreciate any guidance and feedback.

2. What were you hoping to achieve with this image?
Birds, some soul in the birds.

3. Under what circumstance was the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
Shot @ 10 am under the sun in some big carpark :sweatsm:. Trying to get up close shot of birds without telephoto lens. Taken with a 50mm at f8. It is the longer focal length i have...:embrass:

4. Thread-starter's personal thoughts about the image?
Nice expression of the birds. Can sense that their breakfast is being interrupted.

Last edited:
I think it's quite innovative. :p I'm not so hot for the food aspect but the footwork of the left most bird caught my attention. Imagine if you could transport the birds with their fancy footwork to the disco dance floor. That'll be something!

This picture does have some humor in it. But the focus should be at the front. Not in the middle.

This picture does have some humor in it. But the focus should be at the front. Not in the middle.

I think this is up to ts preference. I thought its pretty well taken considering the time of the day, and its interesting that u go down low to take this shot. You can do without the white patch at the very bottom though.

Last edited:

I agree, i prefer if the focus is the bird nearest to the cam (which i think is in the right). I find this very nice, good find bro!:thumbsup:

Wow... wonder how you shoot so close top the ground ? :thumbsup:

you can consider to place a box over the camera leaving out a hole for the lens to stick out and fix the focus distance.

then use an extended cabled remote or remote wizard to activate continuous shots.

the only setback of such setup is that birds will not listen to you so focussing is a problem. 1/3 bokeh in front, 2/3 bokeh in rear are school book theory.

lol.. the picture scene looks like those 3 birds got enemy for the food.

Hi, Thanks for the comments.

Taken shot as follows.
1) Camera on the floor
2) Lens is MF, Pre focus on the food @ F8
3) Shoot with remote at the right moment
4) Distance = As far as i can before remote cannot work.

;)