<Bird & Wildlife Photography> Tips and Techniques by Peng Eik. Sunday 23rd Nov 1-3pm

It was a very interesting talk.
Thank you CS for organizing and Iam sure most of us learnt at least some things. Nice meeting DD too,a very friendly fellow..lol

Great talk PE! really great to see how you made such inspiring photos back in the day where only ISO400 was acceptable. Really prove the point that it is the photographer behind the camera who made all the images.

Great talk. I learned a lot from this, hope future will have more such events.

Thanks PE n CS

Btw I did heard PE says the equipment play an important part too le. Hehe

Thank You to all who attended .... hope it is useful and an afternoon well spent. And thanks to all my friends for your support. Cheers

Thank you Mr. Chng for the inspiring talk; I've learnt some pertinent points from you. I could see the passion and dedication in your talk, bird photos and equipment demonstration. I could also see that the veterans were captivated by your talk too. And thanks to the organisers for organising.

Best Regards,
Vince

Edited: I've decided to remove the 2 photos :)

Last edited:
Great talk. I learned a lot from this, hope future will have more such events.

Thanks PE n CS

Btw I did heard PE says the equipment play an important part too le. Hehe

I would say photographer first then equipment.
It is until u know the limits of your equipments then u upgrade,and not upgrade blindly just because if u think u can't get the "perfect" shots that u want and that an upgrade will help. He did mentioned that prime lens are sharper than zoom lens which is generally true,but if the skill is limited using anything doesn't help much IMO.
However,a few things about better equipments are faster focus,higher FPS,better noise control and sometimes further reach and also not forgetting the support as mentioned are also very important especially if shooting at lower shutter speed when needed.

I would like to add on to my above statement "Photographer first then equipment".
This time putting purely on photographer alone and also which were discussed on this talk is the behaviours and understanding of the birds,recognizing bird calls...etc. These are very important and in fact the most hardest to learn and it is mainly learned through experiences which I hope I could improve on.
And I believe these are the parts that most people overlooked on rather they keep thinking about their photography skills and equipment.

Last edited: