bird park visit

Status
Not open for further replies.

clouser_minnow

Jul 11, 2006
hi everyone!
I dont know if this should go in world of nature instead but anyway, here goes...

i decided to try to improve my shooting by going out photographing at the bird park last saturday. here are the pics i have already resized. please comment. it is most appreciated.

Duckies at the entrance
IMG_2301cropped.jpg

IMG_2309cropped-1.jpg

Pelican at Entrance
IMG_2304cropped.jpg

Lugger Falcon with Hood on
IMG_2362cropped.jpg

Thank you very much,

Clouser Minnow

More

South East Asian Exhibit
IMG_2388cropped.jpg

IMG_2391cropped.jpg

IMG_2398cropped.jpg

Crowned Pigeons
IMG_2466cropped.jpg

IMG_2469cropped.jpg

Thank you very much for the C&Cs

Clouser minnow

last,

Birds of Paradise

IMG_2573croped.jpg

IMG_2555cropped.jpg

Thank you very much!!!

Clouser Minnow

last shot:p

IMG_2557cropped.jpg

Thank you for all the comments!!

Clouser Minnow

Quite a few of them are either blur due to hand shake or OOF. Reszing your pics to smaller sizes would help make it easier to view too. You also tend to centralise your subjects which does not work most of the time.

i agree with raptor84. most of the shots were distroyed by handshake, OOF and maybe motion blur. watch ur shutter speed and where u are focusing next time :)

Oi... why you post all the blur shots also?
Ok, maybe you need to confirm that it's not just your monitor. :bsmilie:

Zaknafein said:
i agree with raptor84. most of the shots were distroyed by handshake, OOF and maybe motion blur. watch ur shutter speed and where u are focusing next time :)

day time shots with hand shake? kinda hard to believe....

Looks like shaky hands ...

bring along your tripod for the next visit. It helps.;)

a monopod can help a lot too...

westwest1 said:
a monopod can help a lot too...

tripod is more stable than a monopod, is this true? what are the pros and cons of a tripod and a monopod??

Best Regards

CM

Tripod has 3 legs and monopod only 1 leg. The tripod can support the camera on its own but a monopod still requires you to stablaise the left-right turn and up-down tilt. Monopods are much faster to deploy and a generally lighter than tripods. So it all depends on your shooting style.

Status
Not open for further replies.