Bird Flu Jab

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamestan

Aug 16, 2004
Singapore
Anyone knows where can get jab? Seems all clinics and hospitals are out of stock

Thanks and Cheers..

Called SingHealth and Tan Tock Seng Hospital yesterday.
All ran out including major GPs.
Expected to arrived later this week from SingHealth and
By Nov for TTSH..

Also Looking for the jab.. ;)

was looking for one too few weeks back, when i stepped into a clinic.
me: can i get the flu jab here?
nurse: sorry, we have ran out of stock, u can try coming back mid nov.
m: what? mid nov? i'll be in europe by then.
n: btw sir, u look so strong, i believe u do not need one!!
m: *gave her the confused look*

can one's health be gauged by his/her outlook?
if can, might as well be a fortune teller!!

As stated , there is no "bird flu" jab . The only jab u need , is a dose of healthy lifestyle :)

yeah, whatever flu jab u got, you will still get flu.. whenever we got a flu, we cured it with our body, we won't get that flu again.. the next time u get flu, actually it is a new flu that your body never see it b4.

There is no jab to prevent bird flu, only human flu. Don't waste your $$ to "protect yourself against bird flu" even if you're travelling to affected areas. You're denying other people who seriously need the jab for flu protection.

When travelling overseas, just be sure to ensure personal hygiene, wash your hands regularly. Avoid coming in contact with livestock and their droppings.

This bird flu thingy is getting out of hand.

There is currently no such thing as a bird flu immunization for goodness sake. If there's any jabs u guys are getting, its against the common flu.

And dun rush out to stock Tamiflu yet. 2 teenagers who had tamiflu died of its side-effects. ;)

Just keep ur basic hygiene well. Eat lotsa fruits, minimise contact with wild birds and stuff like dat.

Don't becos in ur haste and kiasu-ness to get all the 15 million jabs for everything under the sun and u not only deprive others who really need the jab, but also produce new breeding grounds for mutant viruses.

+evenstar said:
There is no jab to prevent bird flu, only human flu. Don't waste your $$ to "protect yourself against bird flu" even if you're travelling to affected areas. You're denying other people who seriously need the jab for flu protection.

Who are the "other people who seriously need the jab for flu protection" then? Please enlighten............

If I am travelling to affected areas ain't I one of those "who seriously need the jab for flu protection"??????????????????

jsbn said:
Don't becos in ur haste and kiasu-ness to get all the 15 million jabs for everything under the sun and u not only deprive others who really need the jab, but also produce new breeding grounds for mutant viruses.

Again I ask: Who really needs the jab???

Hi,
I used to be in the medical field before so just to share my point of view here.
I had taken a flu jab last year before my trip to US where the winter is very cold and could have a high potential of catching the flu virus.
Just to claify a bit, there was a shortage of flu jabs in US last year because of contamination with of the flu jabs vaccine. Priority are given to the elderly and young whereby their immune is weaker.
Taking a flu jab does not gurantee that you will not get the virus, it just provide more immunity if your antibodies is strong.
Keep yourself healthy and practise good hygiene will further reduce the risk.

Francis247 said:
Hi,
I used to be in the medical field before so just to share my point of view here.
I had taken a flu jab last year before my trip to US where the winter is very cold and could have a high potential of catching the flu virus.
Just to claify a bit, there was a shortage of flu jabs in US last year because of contamination with of the flu jabs vaccine. Priority are given to the elderly and young whereby their immune is weaker.
Taking a flu jab does not gurantee that you will not get the virus, it just provide more immunity if your antibodies is strong.
Keep yourself healthy and practise good hygiene will further reduce the risk.

Thanks for the sharing. It means I really dun need the jab.

jamestan said:
Thanks for the sharing. It means I really dun need the jab.

Hi James,

If you are going to the North side of the globe which is winter now, maybe you can consider taking a jab as a precaution measure. If you are going to the neighbouring countries where it is warmer. It should be ok, just take note of good hygiene and stay healthy.

Eat throughly cooked food, avoid those things that you have no idea what it is. You can do a check with the polyclinic or private GP if a jab is needed for the area that you are going. IF you still feel unsafe, just spend that money and get the jab to have a piece of mind. You can also check out the government advisory website http://www.birdflu.gov.sg/.

Just an insight of what vaccine is about, some vaccine contains those virus that are weaken or dead and have it injected into your body. When these virus enter your body, the human immune system which is the antibodies will react to it by trying to "destroy" these virus hence providing better immune next time if similar types of virus are to attack/enter your body. However, virus sometime can mutate or sometime, your antibodies are weak due to stress, poor health or etc, then people can fall sick when met with somehow similar virus.

Anyway, do have a safe trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.