Bintan Trip

desertstrike

Sep 29, 2008
CCK
hi guys, need some opinion for those who been to bintan:

1. is it safe to bring DSLR there? (walk ard)

2. anything specifically nice there? (sunrise/sunset)

3. activities?

4. things to avoid?

5. transportation/meals?

thanks thanks

hi guys, need some opinion for those who been to bintan:

1. is it safe to bring DSLR there? (walk ard)

2. anything specifically nice there? (sunrise/sunset)

3. activities?

4. things to avoid?

5. transportation/meals?

thanks thanks

1. Yes, it is very safe there but travel is a headache. You need to check with your hotel on your transportation needs

2. Sunrise/ sunset is just ok, nothing extraordinary

3. Beach activities, golf

4. Avoid golf balls and beach balls. be careful on where you're walking at the beach... the ladies are quite gorgous.

5. Again same as point #1, check with your hotel

1. Yes, it is very safe there but travel is a headache. You need to check with your hotel on your transportation needs

2. Sunrise/ sunset is just ok, nothing extraordinary

3. Beach activities, golf

4. Avoid golf balls and beach balls. be careful on where you're walking at the beach... the ladies are quite gorgous.

5. Again same as point #1, check with your hotel

1. oh, so there have got no public transport etc etc?

2. ok, thanks

3. any trekking, birds area? etc etc?

4. hmm... u mean avoid the ladies rite? :p

5. okie, thanks

not sure if they have public transport, my recent trip was all organized by the resort itself. I went there for holiday, not for serious shoting.

Although I have to admit, photographing at the beach with a 70-200 is quite fun :p

I think sunrise still quite OK but I dont recall seeing sunset as the resort that I was at in on the east part of the island.

2513425549_509d235e05.jpg

not sure if they have public transport, my recent trip was all organized by the resort itself. I went there for holiday, not for serious shoting.

Although I have to admit, photographing at the beach with a 70-200 is quite fun :p

70-200 F2.8 to catch the bikini babe in action? ;p

40D with EF-S 10-22, EXIF intact. I forgot if I had used my ND-grad or CPL on this shot.

oh, cos just now u mention 70-200, so i thought u used ur 70-200 on this shot, haha

anyone can advise if SGD is accepted in bintan? if not, approximately how much should i change for a 3 day trip there

yes and its actually more preferred. :) depends on your activities... the activities there quite expensive...

a go kart ride will cost you $40+ sgd (15 mins)

In your hotel compound, everything can be paid in S$. In fact, prices are quoted in S$ and change given in S$.

But if you are planning a trip to the town, bazaar etc, better to have some Indo currency with you.

Only had a P&S last visit. Still managed some good shots of very large Monitor Lizard just walking around the hotel grounds ( Angsana Resort ). Expensive but struck me as quite unspoilt compared to Batam. Sea quite clear for snorkelling and quite a few fish around rocky areas. Beach very clean around resorts. Birdlife also interesting ( feathered , not bikini-clad ). Saw a monkey on the drive from Ferry Port to Hotel but driver wasn't interested in stopping.

Sand is very very fine so take care if windy ! Don't want your expensive lenses ruined.

Hi

I go to Bintan frequently for my annual family getaway. There's lots of things to shoot- the usual coconut trees along sandy beaches, etc. Bring a tripod for the sunset shots.

My pictures are not very good, I am sure you can catch better shots. Remember to have fun though. For me, its a time to have fun with my kid- my camera hobby is not critical.
P1030920_2_1_.jpg

JCX_5063_1_.jpg

Last edited:
Was in Bintan Angsana over the National Day weekend.

Some pix here >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/20998747@N04/sets/72157624676028118/with/4873478045/

Hi Bro,

We were at the same island over the National Day wkend :)
I was at ClubMed Bintan.
Should be quite close for the resorts but i never explored the beach out of ClubMed.
Angsana buildings look newer.
Below is my thread on shots taken at ClubMed. Cheers!
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=749250