Binoculars...

MY ADVICE IS FOR YOU TO GO AND BUY ONE, THE LIGHTEST BUT DONT NEED THE HIGH END TYPE. IT WILL LAST YOU A LONG LONG TIME. AND THE NEXT TIME YOU NEED ONE, YOU DONT HAVE TO WASTE TIME TO ASK AROUND AND DECIDE HERE AND THERE.

MY ADVICE IS FOR YOU TO GO AND BUY ONE, THE LIGHTEST BUT DONT NEED THE HIGH END TYPE. IT WILL LAST YOU A LONG LONG TIME. AND THE NEXT TIME YOU NEED ONE, YOU DONT HAVE TO WASTE TIME TO ASK AROUND AND DECIDE HERE AND THERE.

Not sure if your capslock is broken. Try to observe some simple net etiquette and not to type in all caps please. Thank you.

my advice is for you to go and buy one, the lightest but dont need the high end type. it will last you a long long time. and the next time you need one, you dont have to waste time to ask around and decide here and there.

walao... originally i read the 2 replies below i tot it make alot of sense... dat so dun bother to buy a bino... but den i see ur post... also make alot of sense ley...! arrrgh... should i buy the nikon sporstar london olympics edition or not for $100...??? this is poison!!!!!!!!!!!

Indoor stadium? No need bino lah. Usually there are 2 big screens on both sides for you to see close ups. You can also see the stage clearly.

I have seen people bring DSLR though it is clearly stated no photography. Majority are filming with their smartphones anyway. But my suggestion is just go and enjoy. The last one I went to, the crowd was on their feet most of the time. I think for Jay Chou will be the same.

If one time use, just rent a good one.

regards,
wacky

walao... originally i read the 2 replies below i tot it make alot of sense... dat so dun bother to buy a bino... but den i see ur post... also make alot of sense ley...! arrrgh... should i buy the nikon sporstar london olympics edition or not for $100...??? this is poison!!!!!!!!!!!

regards,
wacky

Technology will only get better and cheaper over time. Buy only when you really need it.

We are seeing Google glass. Maybe near future you can magnify view in your glasses.

Last edited:
Technology will only get better and cheaper over time. Buy only when you really need it.

We are seeing Google glass. Maybe near future you can magnify view in your glasses.

sorry if is nub qn.... but i tot binoculars is just piece of optics.... how much technology would change for this...?? for that matter... over past 20-30 yrs... how much technology have improved for binoculars...?

as for fancy things like google glass... i dun think i need it...

regards,
wacky

sorry if is nub qn.... but i tot binoculars is just piece of optics.... how much technology would change for this...?? for that matter... over past 20-30 yrs... how much technology have improved for binoculars...?

as for fancy things like google glass... i dun think i need it...

regards,
wacky
Err, some of the binoculars we used in Our Army are pretty advanced.

Gyroscopically stabilized with optional forward looking infrared (flir) and night vision (nv) optical attachments and a holographic display with information provided by integrated on-board sensors such as accelerometer, GPS, inclinometer, laser rangerfinder, magnetometer. Some can even be data linked to target designators, tagging airstrike objectives for laser guided bomb (lgb).

Last edited:
Excellent discussion and very useful links. It's a waste to reside in Kopitiam sub-forum.
Suggest move to newbies and make into a sticky for future reference.

Err, some of the binoculars we used in Our Army are pretty advanced.

Gyroscopically stabilized with optional forward looking infrared (flir) and night vision (nv) optical attachments and a holographic display with information provided by integrated on-board sensors such as accelerometer, GPS, inclinometer, laser rangerfinder, magnetometer. Some can even be data linked to target designators, tagging airstrike objectives for laser guided bomb (lgb).

urm... wat about those for ordinary consumers...?? unless one can convince that ordinary consumers need all these things... otherwise i'm not going to spend in additional features that i dun need...? :sticktong

regards,
wacky

urm... wat about those for ordinary consumers...?? unless one can convince that ordinary consumers need all these things... otherwise i'm not going to spend in additional features that i dun need...? :sticktong

regards,
wacky

Then refer to JERRY CHAN comments above. :)

Then refer to JERRY CHAN comments above. :)

okay hooted the nikon olympics edition bino liao... today received it... shipping costs about S$38... bino is about S$60... total cost is just under $100... :D

regards,
wacky