Billingham wanna-buys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
L2 is ongoing model?

A bro is selling in B/S section, but i was not able to find it on billingham website.

Also all the items appearing on B/S is all khaki :dunno: hahaha i prefer black actually

cheers,
kilkenny

i am getting the sage color, find it cool. :)

Dear egnaro,

I think that this model is the leica model from my research, billingham have a L2 alice, the difference is that the one for leica is bigger and have a zipper whereas the billingham one do not have a zipper.

Cheers,
kilkenny

i am going to say, anything bigger than hadley original/pro size maximum capacity, it will be too heavy to carry around for long periods of time.

2 lens referring to big or small lens? L2 is quite small...

i can fit in 5D2 with 24-105 attached and 70-200 f4, and even 50L... 3 lens in the bag, with flash in the front compartment if i want to.

3655223275_c609a5bec6.jpg

but usually i would just fit in either 24-105 with 50L or 16-35 with 50L, and seldom with the 70-200. carrying more than 2 lens is a pain in a sling bag imo ><

Dear egnaro,

I think that this model is the leica model from my research, billingham have a L2 alice, the difference is that the one for leica is bigger and have a zipper whereas the billingham one do not have a zipper.

Cheers,
kilkenny

the billingham made for leica is known as the 'combination bag'. they are about the same. my understanding is that the combination is with zipper and padded top. the way the leather latches are attached are different as well.

COOL!!

How much did your setup cost?? Including the shoulder strap and is that a avea03 or 05??

can fit a SB600??

cheers,
kilkenny

Thanks for clearing my doubt... I am looking for a small bag too.. what about body with grip? any issue?

If it fit E3 with BG, attach with 12-60, and either 1 flash or 50-200F2.8-3.5 that will be a great combi for me!

Nice. I'm using one as well for my G10, table top tripod, & some other accessories. Small and discrete. The L2 looked feminine though. Mine is a different variant, the M Combination bag which looked slightly more masculine, and has a zippered front compartment.
i can fit in 5D2 with 24-105 attached and 70-200 f4, and even 50L... 3 lens in the bag, with flash in the front compartment if i want to.

3655223275_c609a5bec6.jpg

but usually i would just fit in either 24-105 with 50L or 16-35 with 50L, and seldom with the 70-200. carrying more than 2 lens is a pain in a sling bag imo ><

COOL!!

How much did your setup cost?? Including the shoulder strap and is that a avea03 or 05??

can fit a SB600??

cheers,
kilkenny

avea 3... and you can't really fit in a flash into the mini pouch. but you can easily fit into the front compartment.

the shoulder pad and avea 3 came with a hadley pro package i previously purchased. i also own an avea 5, but that is very big... really increases the space of what you can carry.

typically i dump my sunglasses into the avea 3. the 430 exII can fit into avea 3 but cant button and i dont recommend doing so. i believe the 270 ex can fit into avea 3.

Thinking of getting a Hadley Pro but can't seem to decide on the color.

My consideration....

Khaki/Tan - this is traditional Billingham color. Easily recognized but a bit flashy.
Black/Black - just like another messenger bag which will not catch any attention. Also a little boring...and concern about dust.
Black/Tan - I have never see this in person but from photo, it looks nice. A combination of class (tan leather) but not flashy due to the black canvas.

I do not consider the Sage color.

I intend to use it as a camera bag as well as a normal messenger bag.

Please share your comment/experience and your consideration when deciding the color.

I think black/tan do not work for me ;p

I'll prob go for either the flashy or the safe and boring hahaha

but i think should go down and see first.

I need time to go down haahah ;p

cheers,
kilkenny

just go for traditional khaki... can't go wrong, its the signature billingham look. anything else is a compromise :p

regardless of your choice, im sure it will be a handy bag.

i highly recommend that you bring all your gear down to test the fit. everyone's requirement is different, and i'm very pleased with my choice.

that said, i'm awaiting the new 07 series to get a slightly bigger bag for a comfortable fit for slightly more gear. i mean, the usual travel camera bag does not only contain camera gear like body/lens but sometimes a thin cardigan (especially in cooler countries) and especially a water bottle.

for a basic outing, i find the L2 more than sufficient for a basic 2 lens set-up as mentioned previously. this past saturday i took my Hk friends around the singapore river and i used it with 16-35L and 50L together with a flash. i further tested the waterproof ability of the bag when it suddenly poured in the evening, very heavily i might add. my gear stayed dry.

i already encountered rain in japan and hk with this bag, so i had no qualms about enduring wet weather.

i can't attest the same water durability to a domke, i might add, although i still use the J3 from time to time.

Hmm..... hope i fall in love with the khaki colour then :) else it will probably be boring black for me hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.