Billingham press stud loose??!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

moski77

Feb 23, 2009
East Side
Dear Billingham user ... have any of you experience with loose press stud??
I just got a Hadley pro last 2 weeks ... n just realize after using it that 1 of the 2 press stud
is loose while the other fix n never move ... i was concern it might give away if it is loose like that ...

so fellow Billingham user ... is it normal n safe or should i do something bout it? is it something i can fix myself? coz i tried pressing the stud in hoping it to lock it in .. but it gt loose again once i buckle the bag up :cry:

are you too rough with the bag until you make the leather openings too wide and hence lose? :think:

No its not the leather opening ... and it still new even the leather still hard ...
what I'm referring is the stuff where the leather will clip on to ... that brass stud is the one that loose .. if both loose its ok with me but mine is one loose and one hard fix, something is wrong... so i fear the loose stud might give way someday ... :dunno:

quite normal after a while, but it should still hold on.

if not that means you could have pried the stud directly from the 'lock' position without moving it to the 'open' position before removal.

well good news is there are replacement leather straps you can fit on again for hadley.

L2 has no replacements.

:cry: I think you guys got it wrong ... its not the leather strap that is loose
i know they got replacement for it ... and its new when i realize the loosen stud.
It is the stud it self that is loose from the leather back ... the stud where u hook the leather strap on it. The stud not suppose to be moving around ... it is fix on to the leather on the bag flap ... so as to secure the leather strap when lock on to it. Its the stud that hold the weight of the bag if carry it using the handle ... :confused:

i know they got replacement for it ... and its new when i realize the loosen stud.
It is the stud it self that is loose from the leather back ... the stud where u hook the leather strap on it. The stud not suppose to be moving around ... it is fix on to the leather on the bag flap ... so as to secure the leather strap when lock on to it. Its the stud that hold the weight of the bag if carry it using the handle ... :confused:

Show it to Mr Chan to see if he can help you fix it.

ah got warranty no need worry... can actually email straight to manufacturer if you like.

have email Billingham regarding this ... and told to go back to the place I purchase ... so going to meet Mr Chan soon ... will update the situation ... :sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.