billingham bags

can someone explain to me why so many people have this bag? it just seems overpriced to me. :(

no. have to buy it to know what the hypes all about

there are many things that cost more than others, and many people wiling to pay a premium for it, it is hard to explain to people who don't appreciate it.

eg, you can buy a cup of kopi at hawker centre for 80 cents (some hawker centres), buy why so many people willing to pay so much for a Starbuck coffee?

the reason why i started the thread is because i wanted to stop being ignorant and want to know the views of others. However, it seems i get defensive posts instead? i can understand the aesthetic beauty of the styling of the bag but is there anything else others like about it?

Try standing out in a small shower with any other bag and you'll understand part of it. And also the obvious quality :)

can someone explain to me why so many people have this bag? it just seems overpriced to me. :(

It's weatherproof, and compared to the velcro offerings from Lowepro and the like, it's silent and easy to operate with the loops.

It is also perfectly sized. Not too bulky, you can also fill it up with gear and it's just nice. Any larger and it would be too much.

But you are asking an odd question. I mean, if you find it overpriced, then all these points are not worth it to you.

honestly i dont think i will be buying a camera bag in the near future, since i just use the insert in my normal bag. i just wanted to know what owners see in it and why you guys get the bag. why do so few people buy crumpler bags? i think their new collection is pretty damn nice as well

honestly i dont think i will be buying a camera bag in the near future, since i just use the insert in my normal bag. i just wanted to know what owners see in it and why you guys get the bag. why do so few people buy crumpler bags? i think their new collection is pretty damn nice as well

because Crumpler is honestly overpriced for what you get.

because Crumpler is honestly overpriced for what you get.

hmmm i find it ok. the internal pads are reasonably big. nonetheless personal preferences.

just like the senior said, some willing to pay 80¢ for kopithiam kopi, some willing to pay $5 for starsbuck coffee bean, some even $25+++ for a blue mountain coffee?. ;)

to each its own & preferences, needs & budget ;).

(well i think it the same reason why some willing to pay for iPhone, & some go for cheap android ;p'

Last edited:
On a sidenote, does anyone know if the Hadley Pro Plus will ever come to market? I've been waiting eons for that to be released...

(well i think it the same reason why some willing to pay for iPhone, & some go for cheap android ;p'

crumpler isn't about the price. it's about quality/usability vs price. i'd rather pay more and get Timbuk2. now there's a good bag for the price.

anyways... these days Android phones are as expensive as iPhones.

How about the Domke F3x? Looking for one to bring along to far flung locations i.e .cambodia.. don't wanna bring my billy there

One man's meat could be another man's poison. Personally, I find crumpler bags nicer than most other brands.

Last edited:

I personally don't like Crumplers - they are good at what they do.. But..

1) Overcushioned
2) Blocky
3) Velcro pain

I have both the hadley pro and 7 million dollar home, and they each perform what I want them to do.

crumplers are ridiculously heavy as well

the billingham 307 is a ridiculously beautiful bag, and i wouldnt mind paying for that haha. im not logical either

@whitewabbit, just get an insert, either buy from crumpler or take it out from any old camera bag you have and then use any **** bag you have lying around.

A bit OT but would like to know if anyone is using zkin bags?

Well.. I like my Billy pro cause it is lighter compared to my crumpler (free by Canon).. also my Billy pro can double as a more formal looking bag whenever I need it.. and yes, it doesn't tell people when I'm taking something out of my bag.. and that's why I like my Billy

Anyone can advise where to buy this bag?