Nov 29, 2005
Singapore
got a 2nd hand hadley pro today, not bad, can fit my

1. nikon D50
2. nikkor 18-200mm
3. sigma 10-20mm
4. tamron 90mm macro
5. nikkor 50mm f/1.8

but didn't have a shoulder pad yet. is there any better pads than billingham sp15 (1.5" wide) pad? will be willing to spend more on that.

and for the internal padding flaps, what's gd other than billingham's ones? i think their flaps are sold at a crazy price, so won't be getting them... would consider cheap alternatives.....

for hadley pro i think its better to buy original flap as the fitting inside is not as wide as the other series . Maybe those lowepro lens case might fit in that one i dont know .

I am also looking for a hadley pro ... very classy bag

1 flap cost S$40, so ex.

:) welcome to the world of Billy bags!:thumbsup:

amazed that ur hadley pro can squeeze in so many stuff! for ur info, the hadley pro comes with the SP15. it fits snugly and i'd advise against 3rd parties.

for a start, insist on original inserts and flaps.
i tried 3rd party inserts before, namely Crumpler. but i sold it and went back to Billy's mainly due to the size of the insert being not that matching and fitting.

3rd part flaps are okaaaaaaay! but i sold my off in the end and reverted back to Billy's becos they look much better and fits way better.

perhaps u might be able to find a suitable flap and insert from Crumpler or some other brands like lowepro.

Billy bags comes with lifetime warranty.
:thumbsup:

Cheesecake said:
:)

Billy bags comes with lifetime warranty.
:thumbsup:

Is there suppose to be a warrenty card with the bag ? coz i think i have misplace it and hand itchy go and wash my 335 , after washing i still go and sun it ;p ... the leather lining at the side starts to crack abit but i have apply some leather nourisher already , if can i might want to send in for lining replacement if is still cover by warrenty but without warrenty card .

zoossh said:
1 flap cost S$40, so ex.
yup that was the price that was quoted to me also .... i think cant be help as the original flap is more fitting then 3rd party flap

S11loop said:
yup that was the price that was quoted to me also .... i think cant be help as the original flap is more fitting then 3rd party flap
MTL !!! BBB!!!

S11loop said:
Is there suppose to be a warrenty card with the bag ? coz i think i have misplace it and hand itchy go and wash my 335 , after washing i still go and sun it ;p ... the leather lining at the side starts to crack abit but i have apply some leather nourisher already , if can i might want to send in for lining replacement if is still cover by warrenty but without warrenty card .

yes, ur billy bags, if purchased from the right sources, comes with a warranty/guarantee card. i've mailed mine long ago.:)

i've yet to wash my bags... and i've yet to experience cracked leather. u can email them(address obtainable from their webby). they will reply to u within a week.:thumbsup:

hmmm.... thinking of changing idol liao... martin billingham... :think:

will be getting the shoulder pad cos the weight can be a pain. but i think i have enough padding for soft trauma, just wanted to ensure better compartmentalization so would be slowly looking for it. so far cathay's the best place to look for the lowepro flaps?

just a related question, where in singapore to get billingham bags ? other than k13.

cheers

Cheesecake said:
u can get them from X-Boundaries at Adelphi. i got mine from them. honest and they don;t play any games like K13 does.:)

now they move to seah street liao. but once i called and check if there are any hadley pro, a guy pick up and say he will reply. he never. so i also never returned. got a second hand one instead.

Cheesecake said:
din't know abt that. its been a long while!:bsmilie:

one thing i'm curious. i've seen their shop last time in adelphi. they sell mainly adventure / outdoor activites stuff, so what is billingham bags doing there?

zoossh said:
one thing i'm curious. i've seen their shop last time in adelphi. they sell mainly adventure / outdoor activites stuff, so what is billingham bags doing there?
no idea. i jus got in touch with the local supplier and was told of X-Boundaries. needless to say i went to X-Boundaries. :bsmilie:

love to deal with the lady boss, marey. she's nice.

Cheesecake said:
u can get them from X-Boundaries at Adelphi. i got mine from them. honest and they don;t play any games like K13 does.:)

Wat games does K13 play?
Personally I felt that the young boss is very how-lian lo...he will see wat equipment you use and will ignore you if your equipment is low-end ones.

XXX Boy said:
Wat games does K13 play?
Personally I felt that the young boss is very how-lian lo...he will see wat equipment you use and will ignore you if your equipment is low-end ones.

ya, the old one slightly better..

anyone knows where are the accessories available and if it is cheaper to buy from retail or online?

zoossh said:
anyone knows where are the accessories available and if it is cheaper to buy from retail or online?
email the ppl at billingham.

i did so before and they replied immediately. they even directed me to the direct supplier. but sad to say, i lost the contact.

as a consumer, i'd advise u to try ur best and not to get from K13 LESS they gif u very good pricing which IMHO, is akin to Singapore qualifying for 2010 World Cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.