Bill Gates no longer planet's richest!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

melvin

Jun 4, 2005
TPY
Mexican magnate Slim passes Bill Gates as planet's richest
Posted: 03 July 2007 2355 hrs

MEXICO CITY: Mexican telecom tycoon Carlos Slim Helu has overtaken Microsoft founder Bill Gates as the richest person on the planet, according to the Mexican financial website Sentido Comun.

Sentido Comun said the Mexican mogul's wealth had shot past Gates following the rocketing performance of his telecommunications firm, America Movil.

US-based Forbes magazine, known for its rankings of the world's wealthiest individuals, had in April updated its list to show Slim as the second richest, moving past the legendary American investor Warren Buffett.

The Mexican financial website said Slim has grown even wealthier due to a surge in the share prices of his company.

"Thanks to a 26.5 percent rise in the shares of America Movil during the second quarter, Slim, who controls a 33 percent interest in Latin America's largest mobile phone company, is substantially richer than Gates," Sentido Comun said.

"The difference between their two fortunes is around nine billion dollars in favour of Slim," the financial website said.

Aside from America Movil, Carlos Slim, 67, controls the INBURSA financial group as well as retail and restaurant chains.

- AFP/so

wow, bill gates might be going to celebrate this moment, finally hes not the richest lolx

i am just wandering if Mr Bill Gates would to pick up photography, which camera will he choose ? Canon ? Nikon ?

:think:

sekali he buy over Canon & Nikon... become CaNiSoft... :bsmilie:

If he buy over Canon & Nikon think he will be back to the richest guy on the planet again!

The Camera produce brand name GATES!? Short n Sharp :bsmilie:

Don't worry!!! Vista's sales will save the day!!! :devil:

sekali he buy over Canon & Nikon... become CaNiSoft... :bsmilie:

Wondering how true can it be on who is richest on earth. Maybe they allocate some $$$ somewhere :think:

By the way instead of CaniSoft, why not
NiCaSoft
CaSoftNi
SoftNica....list goes on....:bsmilie:
Ok ok...not going to start the war ;)

i like CaNiNa the best :thumbsup: :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

comon bill, time to go shopping... :bsmilie:

I'm not that surprised he is not the planet's richest anymore. This day was bound to come. Too bad he makes a product that can be pirated. The other guy's product can no way be pirated. So that guy makes every cent. Bill Gates... yeahh... many many people get windows vista or xp or whatever, but Mr Gates is not getting a cent from them!

I'm not that surprised he is not the planet's richest anymore. This day was bound to come. Too bad he makes a product that can be pirated. The other guy's product can no way be pirated. So that guy makes every cent. Bill Gates... yeahh... many many people get windows vista or xp or whatever, but Mr Gates is not getting a cent from them!

he is so rich until he can just depend on yearly interest from fixed deposts accounts.. dun need to work.. i heard some very rich pple in sg sometimes take a plane out to have breakfast in Bangkok.. and then fly back at night.

:sweat:

I will not buy his camera man.....imagine using halfway in the event...kena blue screen, and need to perform ctrl-alt-del :bheart:

I will not buy his camera man.....imagine using halfway in the event...kena blue screen, and need to perform ctrl-alt-del :bheart:

Erm, you don't have to wait till then if you're a Canon user. We have the blue screen equivalent called "Err99" :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.