GriGri

Deregistered
Mar 27, 2005
GB
meettomy.site
. .

. .

. .
Yeah, I bet you clicked the link because of the thread title.

Took a look at the Workshops, Studio/Model Shoots Forum, almost half of the threads on first page are related to these 3 words.

Is there something wrong with people here? Is this all what photography is about?

Could women's beauty only be appreciated when they are in bikini? :dunno:

Well, I'm not sure about the rest
But I do find a girl prettiest when she's not revealing anything and I know that what's underneath is quality! =D =D =D

(If you get what I mean)

well...its a social thing...if u study human behaviour...u will understand it much better...

so u prefer corsets? :bsmilie:

Is there something wrong with people here?
In the animal kingdom, there are only 2 things that can make the animals wake up from their fav pastime (SLEEP) ..... hunger for food and hunger for sex.....:think:
So i would say it's natural ....

Don't you guys know that the quality of a photo is inversely proportional to the amt of clothes wotn by the subject

Don't you guys know that the quality of a photo is inversely proportional to the amt of clothes wotn by the subject

Could I know which great photographer had defined this law/theory and the reasoning behind it? :)

yap, i clicked on tis link cos of the 3 words.

but there is nothing wrong w/ ppl who (1) org babe photo shoot, (2) were paid models of those shoot, (3) were willing 2 pay for those shoots. in a way those organisers can b considered enterpreneur oso. :think:

i assume there is a demand 4 such shoots so naturally there r ppl who will make a buck out of it. if dun like den dun go lo. photography as a term has a broad definition, sexy, nude / bikini shoot jus happens 2 b in demand in (staid) S'pore.

y oni talk abt women's beauty anyway? :dunno:

Good point...

Try an experiment then... "Trunks, Macho, Nude" and then see how many clicks....

Took a look at the Workshops, Studio/Model Shoots Forum, almost half of the threads on first page are related to these 3 words.

Is there something wrong with people here? Is this all what photography is about?

Could women's beauty only be appreciated when they are in bikini? :dunno:[/QUOTE]

:confused: :dunno: :eek: :eek::embrass:

Some landscape photographers have an affinity with shooting mountains in the studio mah.

:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

. .

. .

. .

i would have clicked earlier...but you missed out "HOT". :thumbsd:

lol

lots of people will disagree with your last line.

women's beauty could be better appreciated when they are out of their bikinis. :bsmilie:

jokes aside, don't worry, it's definitely not what photography is all about. it's what business is all about (in context of the abovementioned forum). to a certain extent, to some people, it's what their photography is all about. i'm sure you, too, have your own idea of how photography should be, right? just don't go around imposing that on others as well.

There are many types of photographers, some like to take landscapes, some like macro, some like portrait, some like street, there are also some that like to take models. Some pay to shoot models, some go to car shows and IT shows to shoot models for 5 dollars.

Some really are good, some are just ham sum (Lecherous). Some take the real thing, some let their camera sway to other parts of the body.

However end of the day, there is a demand, there will be a supply. With the lowering of prices of DSLR, everyone can be a photographer and with "models" willing to let you shoot them for 50 dollars. Hiya who can say anything? Just chill and let loose lor....

I guess is the market demand thing at work, the organisers just try to feed the demand.
Photographers tend to have less chance of shooting posed Bikini, Sexy, Nude, Hot, Fetish girls etc than normal proper wear. So these shoot will deem more attractive to majority of photographers. Though sure there are some join the shoot with other intention on mind.

for model shoot, other than "Bikini, Sexy, Nude", got other theme meh? how come i dunno? :bsmilie:

. .

. .

. .

eh no... especially not when its posted in kopitiam... ;)

its not just people here, its everywhere. i personally know people who ask me 10k questions on dslrs, but are only interested in the set-up required to do studio shoots. i think its quite sad that such themed shoots catch the most interest. not that i advocate it, but there's always the internet...

. .

. .

. .

Well, this dead horse has been flogged repeatedly and every once in awhile, some one will drag its poor carcass out from the shade of the apple tree and flog it some more....

Don't get me wrong, I am not dis-agreeing with what you have to say. In fact, it is a very obvious phenomena but well, so long there is a demand, there is bound to be a supply.

A few analogies i can can think of would be the wildlife trade, drugs or even reality TV shows. So long there is someone who is willing to buy "delicacies" such as bear paws or gall bladder (and willing to pay top dollar for it) then you can be darn sure that someone out there will be unscrupulous enough to provide it.

Drugs, as we all know are illegal or at least, controlled substances but hey, there are still abusers who are willing to risk life and limb to get their fix. The suppliers of course are also more than happy to provide them with the fix.

Reality TV shows, starting from survivor (at least in our local context) were well received from the beginning and even now, in the face of declining ratings, there are still TV stations and/or producers who are still trying to cater to this market.

So, in short, even if the "Workshops, Studio/Model Shoots" Sub-Forum seemed full of a particular theme, one should remember that mayhaps there is a certain reason behind it.

As for your statement of "is there something wrong with the people here", may i suggest you visit your local newsagent and look at the magazine rack. You would probably find that there are at least 3-4 different publications that offer similarly themed photos, as compared to a couple of years ago.

In fact, more of such magazines might be coming your way so perchance you might wish to inquire if there is anything wrong with the general population at large.

Again, let me reiterate that i am neither for nor against shoots of any themes that are conducted but maybe, just maybe, one should have a broader view of how certain trends are simply a product of the demand, and the supply, the symptom.

WG.

Status
Not open for further replies.