Bikini-clad women spread 'Go Vegetarian' message in Orchard Rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linkster

By Patwant Singh

Showing a bit of skin to save some animal skins.

This is how two women who call themselves 'Lettuce Ladies' are spreading the 'Go Vegetarian' message on their Asian tour.

phpWxzDuh.jpg

Their unusual outfits caught the attention of many.

Like beauty queens, the women paraded along the sidewalk outside Ngee Ann City in their lettuce-shaped bikinis and high heels.

Besides chanting the 'Go Vegetarian' message, the Employees of "People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals" or PETA also distributed leaflets promoting their cause.

Ms Holly Fraser said: "This isn't a protest, it is a friendly demonstration, so it's not meant to protest or target a particular store company or anything like that."

"You need to shock people to get attention."

"They make the whole vegetarian thing very flashy so I think the more conservative way might work."

"I don't think the way they dress is good, it's too open."

Such criticism has not deter the women who will be heading to Hong Kong and Japan next.

Ms Lisa Franzetta said: "Well we are in our lettuce bikinis hoping that by showing a bit of our skin, we'll be able to save some animal skins, we are asking people to let vegetarianism grow on them."

Finally, after an hour, the lettuce ladies adjourned for what else but a vegetarian lunch!

Extracted from http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/34537/1/.html

Do not support PETA. The methods they employ to promote their cause are often questionable. Do a search to find out more about them.

My crappy theory.

Plants are unable to escape.
Animals can.
Plants don't want us to eat them but can't make a single sound or run away.
Eat Meat. They had more chance of escaping then plants.

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:
Originally posted by Silverelf
My crappy theory.

Animals can.

haha :bsmilie:

Do try petitioning that to PETA. Then watch as they drop a pile of manure outside your doorstep :p

For people who wants to know more about vegetarianism, you can check out
http://www.vegetarian-society.org/

For listings of vegetarian places for Chinese, Indian Style, Western Style Food, Organic Outlets , Child Care & Student Care Centre, you can visit
http://www.vegetarian-society.org/listing_name.htm

Just want to share some info only.
N.B. I'm not from any of the above organisations.

Originally posted by Silverelf
My crappy theory.

Animals can.
Good one :thumbsup:

Another thing my friend brought up. Vegetarians claim they cannot bear to kill animals to eat them, but vegetarians r depriving herbivorous animals of their food....

Vegetarians pls dun get offended, I juz quoting wat my friend said. :embrass:

Originally posted by Shadus
Do not support PETA. The methods they employ to promote their cause are often questionable. Do a search to find out more about them.

speaking bout organizations...i found out recently from a friend of mine that some of the orgranizations's practice here are really questionable. for eg some groups in the unis only contribute a small proportion of their takings from flags days or collection of old cloths to the respective charities and they use the rest for themselves or for their halls. think they're taking advantage of some sort of loophole in the law that states u only need to contribute how many % of the takings. any1 can verify this?

thats y whenever i see pple from the local unis during flag day i ask them which org is it for first. sometimes they say its for their own student union...well no thanks in that case. not trying to point fingers at the local unis here coz i know some other org also do this... whatever it is this is really sad :thumbsd:

Originally posted by markccm
Good one :thumbsup:

Another thing my friend brought up. Vegetarians claim they cannot bear to kill animals to eat them, but vegetarians r depriving herbivorous animals of their food....

Vegetarians pls dun get offended, I juz quoting wat my friend said. :embrass:

so are meat eaters depriving carnivorous animals of their food?

And all human race are depriving omnivorous animals of their food? :D

Ghee.... I dunno man...
Ask my friend den I update... :D

As 4 me, I juz eat. Dun care lah, have food, juz eat... Hahaha

Originally posted by Shadus
haha :bsmilie:

Do try petitioning that to PETA. Then watch as they drop a pile of manure outside your doorstep :p

:bsmilie: :bsmilie:
Hehe!! They are animal rights activists.. so I'm a Vegetable rights activist loh!! Cannot meh?? :D

Originally posted by Giantnookie
so are meat eaters depriving carnivorous animals of their food?

And all human race are depriving omnivorous animals of their food? :D

Humans = Virus

'nuff said :D

Yea, I'm not a fan of PETA as well. Rather extreme and radical group.

BTW, did anyone see the news clip on TV? A ton of SLR wielding people.. how many are from clubsnap? c'mon you tikos and desperados, own up.. I know there're a fair number of you in this forum. =P

Originally posted by YSLee
BTW, did anyone see the news clip on TV? A ton of SLR wielding people.. how many are from clubsnap? c'mon you tikos and desperados, own up.. I know there're a fair number of you in this forum. =P

ya.. that was wat i thought of when i watched the news on tv oso.. so who were there? :D

Originally posted by YSLee
Yea, I'm not a fan of PETA as well. Rather extreme and radical group.

probably not from Clubsnap? cos i dun see anyone posting their shots yet...

but i may be wrong :D

Originally posted by Jason Ho
lettuce bikinis..hmm I wonder whats next. :D
hey the Hawaiians have been doing it for generations... just check out all the grass skirts, flower leis and coconut husk bras. now that's what i call recycling... :D

wat happened to e "I Rather go naked than wear fur" thingy. sigh. they should do tt here...e chinese evening papers will dedicate 10 pages for their coverage.
more effective.:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.