Biker Photographers


Status
Not open for further replies.

Pauche

Senior Member
Mar 14, 2005
2,998
0
36
#1
Motorbikers fall in!

Anyone interested in a riding trip to Cambodia this Dec/Jan?

I'm keen to make a simple home-made video/ photos of the trip. :p

itinerary: hatyai - bangkok - battambang - siem reap - phnom penh - kep - kampot - bokor - sihanoukville - koh kong - pattaya - kachanaburi - chumphon - hatyai
number of days: 16 days (23/Dec - 07/Jan)
estimated distance: 6000km
budget: S$1300
criteria: off road bikes + experienced riders preferred.
 

Aug 12, 2005
204
0
16
45
#2
Pauche said:
Motorbikers fall in!

Anyone interested in a long riding trip to Cambodia this Dec/Jan?

I'm keen to make a simple home-made video/ photos of the trip. :p

Dates would be 23/12 to 07/01, approx. 7000km round trip, off road bikes and experienced riders preferred. :thumbsup:
Interesting ;-)

But sorry,Hopefully I'm doing New Zealand this year in December :bsmilie:
 

VR2

New Member
Dec 17, 2005
915
0
0
AMK
#3
:thumbsup:
my back wld be broken when i reach there.. haha..
:)
 

dominator

Senior Member
Mar 7, 2005
1,662
0
0
11
Amazon Forest
#8
If you are riding direct from Sg -> Malaysia -> East Thailand and enter Cambodia and round trip it will take you only about 5000km the most.

Unless you have other plans in mind for round trip...the 16 days trip you mentioned and about 7000km to cover, you are torturing yourself to go on this trip imo.

Try not to carry expensive digital equipment for the Cambodian road, that 160km of
off-road can kill them! :sweat:
 

ST1100

Senior Member
Jun 18, 2003
1,785
0
0
Singapore, Bedok
#9
dominator said:
If you are riding direct from Sg -> Malaysia -> East Thailand and enter Cambodia and round trip it will take you only about 5000km the most.

Unless you have other plans in mind for round trip...the 16 days trip you mentioned and about 7000km to cover, you are torturing yourself to go on this trip imo.

Try not to carry expensive digital equipment for the Cambodian road, that 160km of
off-road can kill them! :sweat:
160km off-road... um, can i fly up and meet the group there? :p
 

dominator

Senior Member
Mar 7, 2005
1,662
0
0
11
Amazon Forest
#12
Static said:
TS wat bike u r riding ? Mine most probably cant tahan the journey.
What bike is yours?
Sport bikes is a torture, unless you load it up the truck and hold on it throughout the journey off-road.
 

ST1100

Senior Member
Jun 18, 2003
1,785
0
0
Singapore, Bedok
#13
dominator said:
What bike is yours?
Sport bikes is a torture, unless you load it up the truck and hold on it throughout the journey off-road.
What would be a good bike for a trip like this?
 

Static

New Member
Jul 5, 2006
1,079
0
0
Surfing soft porn in CS
#14
dominator said:
What bike is yours?
Sport bikes is a torture, unless you load it up the truck and hold on it throughout the journey off-road.
Yap definitely riding sportbikes for long distance in that posture would be horrible.

Hehe mine is small small old trusty super 4. :cool: Definitely not meant for touring to camboria.

I bet ST1100 is riding a ST11. Good bike :thumbsup:
U leh ?
 

dominator

Senior Member
Mar 7, 2005
1,662
0
0
11
Amazon Forest
#16
Static said:
Yap definitely riding sportbikes for long distance in that posture would be horrible.

Hehe mine is small small old trusty super 4. :cool: Definitely not meant for touring to camboria.

I bet ST1100 is riding a ST11. Good bike :thumbsup:
U leh ?

My bike? The one in black a rare,nx650(dominator)....a honda ;)
 

ST1100

Senior Member
Jun 18, 2003
1,785
0
0
Singapore, Bedok
#17
i sold my ST11 oredi. :)

When i rode up to Thailand a few years back, i found the ST11 suitable only for highway. For town and not-so-well-maintained roads, a scrambler type would be preferable. FWIW, ST11 sucks on dirt roads. No way i'm gonna do 160km of dirt on a ST.
 

kex

Senior Member
Oct 16, 2002
2,078
0
36
beebox
www.beebox.com.sg
#18
GS 1150 or any dual sports bike will be suitable for this type of journey:d

my DRZ can't make it so far..fuel tank baru 10litre nia..
 

Lmodel

New Member
Jun 19, 2005
1,124
0
0
Jurong Island
#19
kex said:
GS 1150 or any dual sports bike will be suitable for this type of journey:d

my DRZ can't make it so far..fuel tank baru 10litre nia..
Time to change to a Acerbis Tank :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:
 

#20
There's 4 bikes and 11 Cars (4x4) doing South America from 11 Oct to 10 December 2006. We've already shipped the cars and bikes to Buenos Aires last week, and will fly out there on 8th Oct to begin our adventure.

Wanna come ???

Check it out HERE

I'm driving a Toyota Lancruiser and a spare rider for them 4 crazy bikers. Two of them did London to Kuala Lumpur last year with us in Eight 4x4s.

Here's Dr Wong in Moscow



And here's our bikes at our campsite at Lake Balkhash in Kazakhstan.



There are more pictures of our London to Kuala Lumpur Ride HERE
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom