Big Lightning Strike.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

satay16

Jan 14, 2006
.......... fried my home phone system.:cry:

anyone heard it?

where?

Haven heard of it yet... but my side is raining .soon...

me at sembawang area. woah, damn loud just now, and i just found out my gate is also fried:eek:.

Opps....Had a similar experience in 04. Fried my TV, HiFi, DVD, VCR, modem, PC and my washing machine. A very expensive experience.:confused::confused::cry: After that, fixed surge protector for my TV group and UPS for my desktop.

me at sembawang area. woah, damn loud just now, and i just found out my gate is also fried:eek:.

gate fried? :eek::eek:
got pictures? i nvr see or heard anything like this b4.:think:

i lost a couple of PCs to lightning strikes. now everything important has surge protectors.

wah, even surge protector also no use?

haha, i think no surge protector. i opened the box, and the power supply is directly plugged in!!:(

but it is a happy occasion. cos my family just bought home insurance 2 weeks ago which covers lightning damages.:confused: can't believe the timely move.:bsmilie:

which insurance agency?

SUAY AH!!! ;p

aia;). best siah, we actually already had some problems with the phone system. the voice very very soft, damn hard to hear. so now, it's the lightning's fault.:bsmilie:

Can it goes through the phone line? I remember one of my modems got knocked out by lightning and there was smoke coming out of the line in Jack.

If the lightning comes through the phone line, surge protector should not be of any use right?

Can it goes through the phone line? I remember one of my modems got knocked out by lightning and there was smoke coming out of the line in Jack.

If the lightning comes through the phone line, surge protector should not be of any use right?

not too sure, but this time it nv went through the phone line, cos only the system phones are down. those using normal lines still working. woah, but kind of weird, gate and phone down, but none of the other appliances spoilt, like my computer which was on.

not too sure, but this time it nv went through the phone line, cos only the system phones are down. those using normal lines still working. woah, but kind of weird, gate and phone down, but none of the other appliances spoilt, like my computer which was on.

Once in school, lighting strike, BOOM above our classroom block and one by one all the comps shut down. :sweat:

If you buy better quality surge protectors or home use UPS, it normally comes with a surge protector for the telephone line.

If you buy better quality surge protectors or home use UPS, it normally comes with a surge protector for the telephone line.

It will help. However, sometimes back while working a Communication company, with a very advance lightning protection system, a few millions worth of equipment were damaged due to the strike. Accordingly to experts, it actually came underground and hit the equipt as the surge can come from km away!

So it is best to off the PC when the weather is threatening.

I've had various appliances fried my lightning before too. Computer NICs, PSUs, routers, VCRs, TVs, etc, etc. Surge protectors/UPSs are the way to go. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.