Big Feet Dilemma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belleforte

Jan 29, 2003
Central Singapore
Visit site
Hi,

Anyone know where I can find size 11 (European 46) working shoes? I have no problem with sports or casual shoes but finding a working or dress shoe of this size is hell. The only brands I can find size 11 for sure is Rockport but the soles wear out really fast. I am into my 4th pair of Rockport in 3 years!

Where do people with big feet buy their shoes?:dunno:

my cousin is wearing US size 11...end up he no choice, asked me get him a pair of black shoes using the credit of my 11B...

try Mustafa Shopping Centre? i saw a size 13 (not sure UK or US sizing) shoe last week.

im US 10.5 - 11 too. It's frustrating finding the right fit for suitable shoes, sports shoes, ice skating boots, soccer boots, diving booties and even saf boots, cant fit quite right.
Width just nice, but too long. Length just nice, not wide enough. And i don't have flat feet. :bheart:

46 is like size 12??

Try Clarks. I am also having problem with work shoe sizes. Was wearing Cadin for last 2 pairs but disintegrates very fast. My pair of Clarks almost a year already and still going strong. Another point is, some shoes get really *stinko* after wearing (reminds me of a cute doggie brand) but Clarks is no problem.

Thanks...frustrating that I cannot buy myself a nice pair of shoes during the GSS!

Facing the same problem, I'm using size 11 also. In S'pore, have to look at Rockport, Clark, Hush Puppies. And not all models will have the size. If you are in Oz or US, no problem. I've bought shoes from these places before. The other option is to mail order.

What I hate about buying shoes here is when you ask to try on a pair, the sales person, when the can't find a size 11, will offer you a size 10 or 10.5 to try. I don't understand their logic. They expect me to pay for a size I can use! And this happen to me in a few shops.

hmm..its rockport for me as well..or doc marts

US11 isn't that uncommon...

i've got US13 feet...shoe shopping for me is a complete nightmare..

What I hate about buying shoes here is when you ask to try on a pair, the sales person, when the can't find a size 11, will offer you a size 10 or 10.5 to try. I don't understand their logic. They expect me to pay for a size I can use! And this happen to me in a few shops.

sometimes 0.5 size diff maybe still can wear cos cutting different. of course 1 size smaller may be too far off.

Have you guys tried the Tangs shoe department... plenty of great looking large sized shoes there... you just gotta catch them when there are discounts (up to 70% off)... otherwise, they would be >$400...

Yap...agree. When I go into any shoe shop, first question is: ' Do you carry size 11?". Otherwise, no point browsing! :(

If there are plus size clothing stores in Singapore, why not a plus size shoe shop? In US and Europe, they display shoes by sizes. Much earlier to shop.

Im a size 12 bro T_T i knwo the feeling, buy urself some pure black high cut chucks, hopefully no one will realise u wearing sneakers :D

Yap...agree. When I go into any shoe shop, first question is: ' Do you carry size 11?". Otherwise, no point browsing! :(

If there are plus size clothing stores in Singapore, why not a plus size shoe shop? In US and Europe, they display shoes by sizes. Much earlier to shop.

Haha. My question would be "what's your largest size?"

And I also absolutely hate it when sales people tried to force us to take those that are too small for us.

I'd been lucky with hush puppies too. Then I'll stick to it until I wear it out and begin the ordeal (of shopping) again. On my 2nd pair of hush puppies now, in 6 years.

Size 11 Hush Puppies for me too... I think I've worn out 4 pairs already over past 8 years... :thumbsup:

Same for me, size 13. I buy all my shoes overseas. Either europe (less now because in euro!) or in the US.

Hi,

Anyone know where I can find size 11 (European 46) working shoes? I have no problem with sports or casual shoes but finding a working or dress shoe of this size is hell. The only brands I can find size 11 for sure is Rockport but the soles wear out really fast. I am into my 4th pair of Rockport in 3 years!

Where do people with big feet buy their shoes?:dunno:

How about Red Wings? It located at Suntec

Status
Not open for further replies.