big camera plus big lens(lenses which u can hide ur face behind)=better treatment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drumma

Jan 5, 2005
Oulu, Finland, Finland
www.wongliji.com
today i went outing shooting with a wide angle w/hood. i realised i had alot of attention.. it didn't happen when i was shooting with my 85mm. ppl were looking at me, looking at the camera. (u know such looks.)
then i went to mr teh tarik for a drink, service was especially nice. the staff smiled at me. and when i was sitting down, resting and drinking, the cleaning staff asked if i needed a clean on my table. the table had some stains and it didn't bother me. on normal days, such things don't happen because i drink at mr teh tarik quite often.

encountered such incident? big lens, big camera= good service?

btw, anyone kana suaned or scolded for having big lens and camera before? :p

are u wearing the superman outfit or your thousand dollar notes are sticking out of your pocket.:bsmilie:
if not then it should be coincidence or you are purely in good mood.

lol. i'm wearing a t-shirt and shorts and slippers!! a wad of thousand notes? dun have lah. a bottle of 1 cents. i think i can fill that up. :p

What big cameras and lenses are you guys talking about?

Oh, those little white "L" things!

Ah, those toys for children play play!!

:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

maybe with a big lens, I am able to get free entry into exhibition ??;p

drumma said:
wah. so what do real men play? :cool:

Something that needs two grown up adults to put on the tripod!;p

I noticed a general trend having hopped from P&S to SLR.

Point-&-shoot Characteristics
Generally associated with tourists or noobies. Vouyers are associated with P&S. No one wants to smile for u and smile at u when u point a P&S at them. They will turn their faces aside or make an effort to cover their faces.

(D)SLR Characteristics
Generally associated with professional photographers. Arts photographers as well as artistic people with an eye for things. People have a higher tendency to flash their smiles at you or come up to talk to u (yes, it earned me a free Tram ride in Sydney!). You can be shooting in green box or [P]rofessional mode and ur pix are all underexposed or overexposed to the point of white out and ppl will praise ur shots as 'very good'. The subject in question can be blurred and the shot will be praised as 'artistic'.

Ur composition can be the most medicore ever, ur lighting can be absolutely off. U can bring a woman back to ur hotel room for some steamy shoot session and she will equally praise ur shots.

P&Sers will have the advantage of multi-tasking though. :bsmilie:

Prosumer Characteristics
The most overlooked and ignored group. These guys have all the friggin' advantage of taking great street-shots and candids and will trash us all to hell if their cams do not suffer shutter lag and deliver exactly the same picture quality like a (D)SLR with top end lens. :bsmilie:

Or that's what I'd noticed.

Sion said:
When I bring my big camera and big lens out, women seem to want to drop their dresses for me to take their photos.

So I dare not bring it out any more.

:bsmilie: :bsmilie:
Could ya lend me ur camera? I never had luck with women.... :sad:

student said:
Something that needs two grown up adults to put on the tripod!;p

and dats only for ur camera... u need another guy to carry ur tripod, doc! ;p

strange... big camera + big lens = good service? i kenna snubbed when shooting my fren's wedding with a F5 once. :what: :bsmilie:

nightwolf75 said:

strange... big camera + big lens = good service? i kenna snubbed when shooting my fren's wedding with a F5 once. :what: :bsmilie:

OT, OT!

how's your negatives/printing?

And throw your F5 at that bloke to see what a brick feels like!

student said:
OT, OT!

how's your negatives/printing?

And throw your F5 at that bloke to see what a brick feels like!

1st roll was so badly developed dat my fren took one look and told me to save the effort of printing... so, going to try again. :embrass:

throw the F5 at the bloke? cannot lah.. my fren's relative... tho i was trying my best not to laugh too hard in front of him when he said 'wah.. still got film camera?' after i told him dat the F5 is an SLR.
dunce.gif

:bsmilie:

nightwolf75 said:

Chill my friend.... The Force is not with the one. He say obsolete? Put 2 tea cups of him, tell him to shoot with Manual mode wif ya F5 since film is 'obsolete', it must be a no-brainer for him then. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.