Big Announcement on June 8th

pinholecam

Staff member
Jul 23, 2007
Seems like the Pentax Forums site reports that there is a big announcement coming on 8th June.

http://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/...hing-changes-ricoh-announcement-june-8-a.html

https://www.anymeeting.com/AccountManager/RegEv.aspx?PIID=EB58D683864A31

Everything Changes - June 8, 2015

Monday, June 08, 2015
6:00 PM - 6:30 PM (Pacific Time) Show in My Timezone

Not often do we get access to a technology that has the potential to change how photographers work. A technology that enables photographers to create images like never before, only limited by their imagination. This is about sharpness, resolution, speed, fidelity, and so much more. It's a gamechanger.

If you have about 30 minutes, please join me for an official announcement and a short presentation about this significant development, and what it can do for you. Seats are limited.

Big words indeed.
I just hope its not about that 4x5 slide copier. :D

Seems like the Pentax Forums site reports that there is a big announcement coming on 8th June.

http://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/...hing-changes-ricoh-announcement-june-8-a.html

https://www.anymeeting.com/AccountManager/RegEv.aspx?PIID=EB58D683864A31

Everything Changes - June 8, 2015

Monday, June 08, 2015
6:00 PM - 6:30 PM (Pacific Time) Show in My Timezone

Not often do we get access to a technology that has the potential to change how photographers work. A technology that enables photographers to create images like never before, only limited by their imagination. This is about sharpness, resolution, speed, fidelity, and so much more. It's a gamechanger.

If you have about 30 minutes, please join me for an official announcement and a short presentation about this significant development, and what it can do for you. Seats are limited.

Big words indeed.
I just hope its not about that 4x5 slide copier. :D

Just hope is the real FF and GRII... :)

Doesnt sound like FF.. But it would be very interesting if it were!

Ssound like the K-3II technology to me but on the 645Z platform! ;)

mmm...if its about imaging, my guess is they have included a powerful image engine that can focus, defocus, as well as analyse and sharpen images, compensate for mis-focus and produce the best image on the fly based on preference settings without need for post-processing? Or ability to capture and store many imagine versions (not just composition) of an image so you can choose which one you like? :)

Pay per use camera linked via Pentax Wifi, 4G and GPS, so it is always fair for the customer and Pentax.

The photographer now has the incentive to shoot/frame every shot carefully since it costs $ per shot.
Not often do we get access to a technology that has the potential to change how photographers work.
A technology that enables photographers to create images like never before, only limited by their imagination.
This is about sharpness, resolution, speed, fidelity, and so much more. It's a game changer.

Bravo!
images

this is the annoucement.
http://priolite.us/Pentax_hss

PRIOLITE is proud to announce its Hot Sync Solution for Pentax cameras. Pentax users are now able to synchronize their cameras with the help of the Priolite Hot Sync System, and use Priolite’s high-powered Li-Ion battery operated strobes at up to 1/8000th of a second. Utilizing the entire range of possible shutter speeds with the Priolite Hot Sync System allows photographers to shoot with wide-open apertures in sunlit environments, freezing motion of fast moving objects, and enables them to create images difficult or impossible to capture before. The ability to remotely control high-powered battery operated studio strobes anywhere between 17 w/s and up to 1000 w/s per light with the Priolite Remote Control opens up endless possibilities for creatives all around the world.

this is the annoucement.

PRIOLITE is proud to announce its Hot Sync Solution for Pentax cameras. Pentax users are now able to synchronize their cameras with the help of the Priolite Hot Sync System, and use Priolite’s high-powered Li-Ion battery operated strobes at up to 1/8000th of a second. Utilizing the entire range of possible shutter speeds with the Priolite Hot Sync System allows photographers to shoot with wide-open apertures in sunlit environments, freezing motion of fast moving objects, and enables them to create images difficult or impossible to capture before. The ability to remotely control high-powered battery operated studio strobes anywhere between 17 w/s and up to 1000 w/s per light with the Priolite Remote Control opens up endless possibilities for creatives all around the world.

If this is the BIG announcement, then I have to say ho hum. :rolleyes:
Shooting at high sync speed is obviously a nice capability, but for the fact that there really aren't that many very fast large aperture lenses currently in Pentax's line-up to capitalise on this feature.

this is the annoucement.

Not much technical details is available but I can see this is good news to the 645D/Z user because now they have a complete strobe n camera system for their professional work. This is a dream come true for the stroblist too.

Another dreamt is for Pentax to come up with their own TTL wireless trigger n remote system so that the everyday pentaxian have a platforms to play with their multiple TTL flashes.

Last edited:
this is the annoucement.

So that's it? I don't see it'd change anything, at least not for me. The only times I use flash are shooting macros or indoor events (which doesn't happen much to me nowadays).

Ha.. ha.. kind of expected.
How can it be that important announcements don't come from Japan (and Pentax is such a traditional Japanese company)

That said, if one frequents other forums enough, one of the things preventing more pros from moving to the Pentax 645 system has been exactly this.
The lack of a faster flash sync speeds.
So imo, if this addresses it, then there is a better chance the 645Z sells even better.
That means Pentax makes money and goes on to make the other stuff that we want (and can afford too) :)

It's a great news for Pentax, but the title says everything changes after this announcement, makes me thinking there might be some breakthrough invention from Pentax/Ricoh. Didn't expect this ...

Yeah man.. the way they put up those big words. make me so anxious to see what they will be announcing. :p

Like what pinholecam said, I guess providing this feature is a pretty important for the target market of the 645, so when they closed this gap, all the stars are aligned for more sales.
That being said, Pentax is now not a big company and they don't sell as many cameras as the others, so the ability to R&D new products are quite limited.
With DSLRs cameras being usurped by mirrorless compacts, I think Pentax should also look into expanding this category but with limited-class lenses. They don't have many now and those that have been released are as exciting as look at water drip from a tap.

Flash photography has never been a strong point for Pentax to date. While this opens up possibilities for high speed flash shooting for the 645, it would be even terrific if Pentax can ever come up with something like the Nikon Creative Lighting System for all of its cameras.