Bidadari Christian Cemetery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tweek

Jan 17, 2002
East
www.weekai.com
My turn to visit the historical site, which will probably disappear in a few years' time. More pictures are at http://www.weekai.com .

bidar01_std.jpg

bidar03_std.jpg

bidar05_std.jpg

bidar11_std.jpg

bidar23_std.jpg

went to see your pictures at your site

especially the merlion ones.

u ready to take part in the STB competition eh?

anyway did u use slides to take them?

the colors are rather saturated for the blues

unless u used PS?

Nice!
Damn.. i wanna go also..

very impressive photos..

all taken by your camera or touch up by PS ?

hmm..or using a SLR camera??

thanks everyone for your comments. :)

karab, nope those (the merlion ones) were taken with negatives. Yup blue looks saturated, I was using Contax T2 so maybe the lens was responsible for that. Also I think the slight underexposure caused the sky to look so blue.

ekardo, I used EOS 300 with Fuji Reala, a 50mm f1.8 and a 80-200 f2.8. I used PS to touch up the dust and fungus marks from my scanner, and also adjusted the colours to match as close as possible to that on my prints. Also applied unsharp mask.

wolfgang, thanks for your directions! :D Yup did find that place in the end and it was a good walk.

intoxique, go lor! One way to go is to take bus 13 from Bishan MRT, short ride 8 to 10 mins.

wow, nice shots.

For those who don't know how to get there, just go along Potang Pasir road. I sure miss that place, used to go there for P.E lessons back when I'm still studying opposite there.

Cemeteries are areas still unexplored extensively by photographers.

Tweek,

You can still get more pictures by going there a few more
times. Try going there at different times of the day.

It would be noticeable when you can do a series of
pictures on local cemeteries. Cover them extensively
with black-and-white film as well. Aim for exhibition
quality instead of just snap shots. Use a larger format
for film.

You have the eye to make the viewers to ponder.
Well done Tweek.

:thumbsup:

The choice is yours when you are more
fortunate to be in a situation of having financial
freedom.

:) :bsmilie:

I was there last week on wednesday afternoon i think. Saw a fellow photographer close to the time when i was about to leave. Did not go over to say hello cos i was already dying of thirst from wandering around for over 3 hrs. Close to peng sanning already. The surplee at 7-11 never tasted so good that day. :D

I'll might make another trip, this time just taking just B&W film. Seems like i did not even see some of the tombstones posted here on the forum. Must bring water this time.

thanks again. forward, grateful for your encouragements and suggestions. I'll try b&w next time, haven't tried that before. As for medium format and exhibition quality, hee all I can say is that photography is still at a hobby level for me, and I still can't afford the time and money to go above that level. :) But thanks for your recommendation!

Very nice shots. I m wondering whether if the DOF you have here can be acheived by a digicam. :dunno:

Originally posted by Falcon
Very nice shots. I m wondering whether if the DOF you have here can be acheived by a digicam. :dunno:

digital SLR yes...digicam a bit hard. Most of the shots here were taken at f2.8, some at f4, f5.6 etc. The consumer digicams nowadays still can't get the shallow DOF of such degree, my s602z included. :cry: Can only try to go closer (fight the grass and siam the graves), or zoom in to the max. Even so still quite hard to get shallow DOF.

A word of encouragement

I can say is that photography is still at a hobby level for me

Tweek, you have the talent and all you need is someone
to push you a little harder with some guidance. The rest
will fall into play with some thinking and planning.

A creative photographer is also a grateful and humble person
and these qualities are hard to find. Thank God for that gift.

Give yourself two to three years to mature and keep shooting.
Do it at your own space and don't spend unnecessary buying
equipment that you don't need.

As for now you need to have the 2x teleconverter to take
advantage of the achievable 160-400mm. Serious hobby
image-makers will never make it to the exhibition hall
without welfare and sincere encouragement.

;)

thanks forward, will keep in mind. ;)

yes in fact next on my purchase list is a 2X TC.....probably in a few months' time. Broke now already.

i always pass by bidadari cemetry when i was still studying in secondary school...i hve never thought of going to cemetry to take photo.....but ur shots are superd...really nice...thanks for sharing.....

yeah very nice pictures..... keep the faith and keep shooting ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.