Bicycle?? Where to buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abuddlah

Sep 2, 2008
Guys, I have been wanting to get a mountain bike. Anyone know how much will it cost? Those cheap ones!!! And where to buy? Any brands which is good and cheap? And I like to have those small ones, I'm about 1.68m tall and I want my legs to be able to touch the ground when I'm on my bike. THANKS

http://www.togoparts.com/

check out the marketplace section. If you're not finicky there's some good secondhands out there. Make sure to test out before buying. Brakes shifters and stuff...
If you frequent dirt trails often be sure to get knobblys and not the slick tires.
Rapidfire Shifters FTW!

Of course depends your idea of cheap is how much?

Me a noob but I'll however recommend 'HASA COMP 1' (abt <S$200)
Reputable HASA brand, its their lower end model, so parts and stuff rather reliable, looks great...

Last edited:
Where can you get those bikes? Which shop?

I disagree with redmonsoon over the price of the hasa comp 1.0....
the newer model of 1.0 is out and I couldn't find the old ones... I got my Hasa for $380 from Cheap John's.
Right after which it got stolen 4 days later... bloody hell.
But yes the Hasa is not bad.
List of reputable bike shops in singapore :
http://www.togoparts.com/bikeshops/list_shops.php

I advise you to think over the bike carefully before buying and to test out all the different brands first. The saddle might be comfy for one but might not be for the other person. It all boils down to personal comfort and taste.

Last edited:
the newer model of 1.0 is out and I couldn't find the old ones... I got my Hasa for $380 from Cheap John's.
Right after which it got stolen 4 days later... bloody hell.
But yes the Hasa is not bad.
List of reputable bike shops in singapore :
http://www.togoparts.com/bikeshops/list_shops.php

I advise you to think over the bike carefully before buying and to test out all the different brands first. The saddle might be comfy for one but might not be for the other person. It all boils down to personal comfort and taste.

so what's the cheapest Hasa bike? I like those smaller size bike.

so what's the cheapest Hasa bike? I like those smaller size bike.

Just go to you neighborhood bicycle store. A cheap bike will cost less than $100.
Try it before buying
NO NEED to ask so much questions

Just go to you neighborhood bicycle store. A cheap bike will cost less than $100.
Try it before buying
NO NEED to ask so much questions

but how much will a HASA bike cost?

it costs about $380 onwards. but like I said, do test the bikes out before buying, people have different preferences on how they like it.

@dodongdodong
No need for that harsh remark. Abuddlah's seeking opinions so I feel thats abit uncalled for.

Last edited:
For cheap reputable brands, perhaps you can look into the Polygon line of bicycles. They can be found at Rodalink.

If your purpose for the bicycle is just for transport and marketing, any less than $100 bicycle found at your local bicycle shop will do. Or if you are not that fussy, Carrefour and Giant had a variety of bicycle you can look at.

If you are looking to get a mountain bike for offroad riding, I would suggest you put a reasonable budget, and spend some time to shop around. While we have quite a number of bicycle shops in Singapore, each shop will only carry a few specific brands. Some brands are also only exclusively available at 1 shop.

Perhaps you should state what is your main purpose for the bicycle. Then it'll be easier to make more suitable suggestion. Also be more specific in your budget. To me, a budget entry level mountain bicycle costs less $500.

Ah my apologies, I called up a shop's boss, he says prices all increase, no more older model, and yes, Hasa comp 1 now $300+! haiz..

I bought mine at neighbourhood shop Biker's hub in Jurong.

Last edited:
For cheap reputable brands, perhaps you can look into the Polygon line of bicycles. They can be found at Rodalink.

If your purpose for the bicycle is just for transport and marketing, any less than $100 bicycle found at your local bicycle shop will do. Or if you are not that fussy, Carrefour and Giant had a variety of bicycle you can look at.

If you are looking to get a mountain bike for offroad riding, I would suggest you put a reasonable budget, and spend some time to shop around. While we have quite a number of bicycle shops in Singapore, each shop will only carry a few specific brands. Some brands are also only exclusively available at 1 shop.

Perhaps you should state what is your main purpose for the bicycle. Then it'll be easier to make more suitable suggestion. Also be more specific in your budget. To me, a budget entry level mountain bicycle costs less $500.

For me, i want to just ride around singapore when im free. Not into stunts or those dirt rides. I went to my house's bicycle shop. the uncle said $98 for a mountain bike without suspension. $160 for suspension. so is it worth?

seems like a casual rider looking for market bike...
a less then $100 bike can be found at neighbourhood bike shop.

Guys, I have been wanting to get a mountain bike. Anyone know how much will it cost? Those cheap ones!!! And where to buy? Any brands which is good and cheap? And I like to have those small ones, I'm about 1.68m tall and I want my legs to be able to touch the ground when I'm on my bike. THANKS

There's a specialized bike shop near Tanglin Mall. But I think now even Giant and Carrefour Superstore also have very nice bikes.

For me, i want to just ride around singapore when im free. Not into stunts or those dirt rides. I went to my house's bicycle shop. the uncle said $98 for a mountain bike without suspension. $160 for suspension. so is it worth?

I'd suggest getting a road bike then... or get a hybrid bike... just change the tires to slicks and ur ready to go. Slick tires are better on roads as compared to knobby ones.

If u're gonna park your bike outside, I suggest getting the cheapest one... even the cheapest bikes can get stolen when new. I'm so sick of losing my bikes that I bought the cheapest bike I've ever bought in my life! From Carrefour - only $68.80! Don't think anyone can beat. It's a MTB.... still decent and looks good too... better than a lot of other cheapo bikes I've seen. But that was the special Christmas promo... u should have gone to see earlier. I've been to both Carrefour and Giant and I think Carrefour has better bikes and wider range. U can find bikes at less than $100 at both... even those with suspension cost only slightly over $100. If u're going to be riding around much, then I'd advise you to get a better bike. Those entry level for branded bikes cost between high $200 to $300+. I use my bike for transport and park around so best not to get too expensive bike. Anyway, I took off all the worded stickers on my bike and it looks rather 'high class' now... :bsmilie:

My apologies for being too harsh to Abdulah

If you're just a casual rider, a $98 is good enough

No need to go gor fancy ones with sudpension

A simple bike under $100 can be had at the bigger hypermart chains.
You can also go to a distributor and get a Raleigh cheap:
http://www.xtremeplace.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=51727.msg390253#msg390253

Hiap Guan Metal Industries (Pte) Ltd
Blk 4 , Tagore Lane
Singapore 787469 (65) 64564584 (65) 64596576

But I would not suggest too small a frame and your leg should be slightly flexed when it is on the pedal, otherwise cycling for long distances will be uncomfortable.

Cheers

..... The saddle might be comfy for one but might not be for the other person. It all boils down to personal comfort and taste.

Then they should state the size of their butt??? hehe...:bsmilie:

When I sit, u wouldn't see the saddle anymore.............lolx :bigeyes:

Then they should state the size of their butt??? hehe...:bsmilie:

When I sit, u wouldn't see the saddle anymore.............lolx :bigeyes:

o_O
I'm getting this mental image of your backside spilling out over both sides of the saddle hanging in midair.... not a very pleasant image at all :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.