Bibble Pro users: Come in please

Status
Not open for further replies.
My standard setting on the Canon 20D is ‘raw + small/fine jpeg’. The small jpeg is useful for viewing. Having the exposure adjustment ability with the raw format means I don’t have to bracket anymore. If you shoot jpegs only, you need to be within +/-0.25 stop of the proper exposure. Raw format allow adjustments within +/- 1 stop! Not to mention conversion to 16-bit tiffs.

Have never tried CaptureOne Pro... too expense for my wallet. Tried Pixmantec RawShooter but did like the output. Too much processing of the image.

When Adobe Photoshop CS2 was released, I thought the new Adobe ACR would be better than Bibble Pro. I did a few side-by-side comparisons and still prefer Bibble. Okay, the Adobe ACR interface (GUI) is nicer. However, I can’t make sense out of the sliders. Don’t understand where the ‘as shot’ settings are hidden?

One advantage of Bibble is that it uses a novel algorithm to attempt to recover blown highlights. It can improve both luma detail and color detail in the blown (overexposed) areas. You can adjust parameters for a particular situation using the “Highlight Threshold slider” on the Highlight Recovery tool. This slider adjusts the point at which the Highlight Recovery algorithm kicks in. It really works! And, highlight recovery is what I am most interested in!

Status
Not open for further replies.