BG-E2N and Rechargeable batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeAnCoLd

Nov 10, 2008
Hi all,

the instruction slip of the battery grip says alkaline AA batteries can be used with it. I was wondering if rechargeables can be used? I've got a couple of Sony rechargeable Ni-MH batt at 2100mAh. Thanks for your help.:)

Hi all,

the instruction slip of the battery grip says alkaline AA batteries can be used with it. I was wondering if rechargeables can be used? I've got a couple of Sony rechargeable Ni-MH batt at 2100mAh. Thanks for your help.:)

Can anyone help? Afraid of frying the camera circuits. Pardon my paranoia, but I've had bad experiences with rechargeables.

I use Eneloop Battries with my 400D battery grip..... no problem at all.

Hope this helps.... :thumbsup:

Cool. Thank you for your reply, diver-holc.:) May I know what's the amperage rating of your Eneloop batteries?

Cool. Thank you for your reply, diver-holc.:) May I know what's the amperage rating of your Eneloop batteries?
1.2v is general standard for rechargeables with 1.5v standard for single use AA batteries. Eneloops are generally 2000mah which is average but batteries of this class which include Recyko and such can retain their charge much longer compared to higher capacity rechargeables.

Last edited:
1.2v is general standard for rechargeables with 1.5v standard for single use AA batteries. Eneloops are generally 2000mah which is average but batteries of this class which include Recyko and such can retain their charge much longer compared to higher capacity rechargeables.

Which is why I have 4 set of 4x AA battries and 1 set of 4x AAA batteries... all are Eneloops :bsmilie:

Ok. Thanks a lot. :thumbsup: I guess its safe to use my 2100mAh batteries in the battery grip. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.