Status
Not open for further replies.

khairi

Apr 6, 2004
yishun
inbloomblog.multiply.com
BEYOND CULTURE: It's People

Photos by Khairi
Taken during the last day of the Arab Heritage & Culture Fair at Arab Street.
(This was a photo outing with the CS guys who threads the longest thread in CS :D)

Camera: Yashica Electro 35 GSN
Lens: 45mm/F1.7
Film: Kodak 400
Editting: PSed only for colour correction and cropping. Added Effect filters (gaussian blur & dust and despeckle) for three night shot of children portraits.

Intro:
+I aimed to get as many full-front shot as possible, and as close as I could (abt 2-5m).
+I wanted to show the people that moulded culture, rather than the culture and it's people.
+Again, I tried a different film and was greeted with high grain finish. I must have used the wrong film, thus Kodak 400 was a bad choice - too grainy. :D Normally, it'd be Kodak 200HD.
+This time round, all shots will be self depictive. You will depict what you see. Thus, some will work for you, some won't.

Enjoy

The Current Generation
001.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

003.jpg

The Next Generation
004.jpg

008.jpg

002.jpg

009.jpg

Say what you like...I'm here to listen.

:D this is really peculiar...but i've expected that no one might comment on these shots...maybe because there's no caption to attract anyone :D

last two work okay
3rd from last will work better in B&W

the rest are too clustered. no focus. relook at your images in a months time and then comment on them yourself. it'll be a different feeling.

hmm
this rangefinder seems wonderful
now i'm tempted to get a cheap rangefinder
hahaha

sequitur said:
last two work okay
3rd from last will work better in B&W

the rest are too clustered. no focus. relook at your images in a months time and then comment on them yourself. it'll be a different feeling.

hmm
this rangefinder seems wonderful
now i'm tempted to get a cheap rangefinder
hahaha
I agree with you...this was a total experiment to me...never tried this style before so it's my first time...i tried to draw viewer's attention away from what i wanted them to see. it's like finding a hidden photo.

i think viewers would want to see something that's easy to absorb...but this ones really hard to swallow for them.

the last 3 shots are the normal contemparary styled shots that many would take when the chance arises.

i can see what you're trying to bring through

but the colours are probably too clustered to take my attention. it's a nice try but it won't work with many.

at the end of the day, photography is still part self-satisfaction. if you're happy with what you shoot you'll be happy.

sequitur said:
i can see what you're trying to bring through

but the colours are probably too clustered to take my attention. it's a nice try but it won't work with many.

at the end of the day, photography is still part self-satisfaction. if you're happy with what you shoot you'll be happy.
yeah..part self-satisfaction...I hope to get another chance to try and improve this style...make it more subtle, more easy to relate.

so now, it's back to my main ideas...this side-tracking was a bold and was a good experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.