Beware

Status
Not open for further replies.

eoscanon40d

Jul 30, 2008
I wonder what's going on. So angry, again receive another S&CC late payment bill reminder from Hougang/Aljunied/Sengkang TC when the bill have already been paid up.

Call up the finance dept and they said the Giro deduction is on 28th May. However, the bill have already been paid on 23rd May. So they just said to ignore the letter.

Wow, then why send it out in the 1st place. You may say it's automated, but the catch is shouldn't there be some ownership over the stupid system. If they can see on their system that the amount have been paid up, then the system shouldn't bill me again for that "Phantom Outstanding Amount". Shouldn't it be updated in their so called Automated System?

Imagine if I have left money inside, wouldn't there be double deduction? So what happens when that occurs? If this happens to some old folks or others who didn't bother to check, they would be happily deducting away without any accountability.

Reflect to them and they will only give standard pacifying reply.

Seems like they also learn fast.

Why do we have to keep getting pounded by such stupid letters in the 1st place if they had done their job.

someone called mac4metoo duplicated the same post on hardwarezone :what:

Maybe important people of Workers Party don't read Hardwarezone? :bsmilie:

Perhaps posted here to gather photographic inputs from the Clubsnap community.

.. I am praying for world peace tonight Sion, I hope your stand-up is fine now.

Well... TC is not the only place that make that type of mistake... I remember paying the bill for my mom's singtel phonebill for that month already. Then the next month they came out with a red bill (warning) that I didn't pay... and I am not sure if a fine is in it or not... my mom didn't ask me about that and paid the bills (+fine??)... by the time I know it, it was already too late...

The following month, the bill came to reflect that we have paid extra... and no need to pay for 2 months. What I am pissed was... there was not even an apology call or anything reflected in that bill to show that it is SingTel's freaking mistake in the first place!

I guess there's a gap in their finance dept, someone in charge of late payment is not talking to the receiving dept....its pretty common in some org :)

But TS has a valid point, in today's context, there is more than enought technologies to reduce wastage and nuisance to customers.

OP / TS, have you inform the governing party's mouthpiece for their daily newsletter? Confirm front page headlines tomorrow!

On the other hand, we have...

5361jl.png

Last edited:
I see the usual suspects in here to defend party policy. Well done :bsmilie:

Regarding SP Services bill, must be really alert as i've had on several occasion being made to pay penalty of 0.50c every time when they sent me a reminder and to ignore it if bill is paid as most of us would have however when i checked the giro deduction day fell on a weekend and according informed sources no giro transactions are made on weekends. They should have made an alternate day for giro transaction like my other giro account for another private entity.
Only after a call then they said they'll waive the 0.50c charge which should not have been imposed in the first place and re-arrange for an alternate giro transaction day.
Only in recent years since they became a private entity that this situation happening.

Imagine if 1mil households ignored the reminder notification with the assumption that giro transaction has been made, that's $500k kopi money for their coffer.

Last edited:
I wonder what's going on. So angry, again receive another S&CC late payment bill reminder from Hougang/Aljunied/Sengkang TC when the bill have already been paid up.

Call up the finance dept and they said the Giro deduction is on 28th May. However, the bill have already been paid on 23rd May. So they just said to ignore the letter.

Wow, then why send it out in the 1st place. You may say it's automated, but the catch is shouldn't there be some ownership over the stupid system. If they can see on their system that the amount have been paid up, then the system shouldn't bill me again for that "Phantom Outstanding Amount". Shouldn't it be updated in their so called Automated System?

Imagine if I have left money inside, wouldn't there be double deduction? So what happens when that occurs? If this happens to some old folks or others who didn't bother to check, they would be happily deducting away without any accountability.

Reflect to them and they will only give standard pacifying reply.

Seems like they also learn fast.

Why do we have to keep getting pounded by such stupid letters in the 1st place if they had done their job.

This is normal when you pay via electronic transfer ie: GIRO, internet transfer, AXA machine, etc and it is not limited to just S&CC.

When you pay via such means you are not paying to the vendor directly and the vendor will only know or be able to verify your payment when they recieve their bank ststements.
Example:
23/5/13: Bill paid via GIRO
28/5/13: Processing and transfer of monies to vendor's account completed
31/5/13: Next invoice generated and send (not knowing GIRO is made as there is no confirmation from bank)
1st week of May: Vendor received their Bank statement confirming GIRO transfer

As much as I'm piss with some Gov dept or Stat Board, the above are the facts of electronic transfer and I don't expect them to apoligise for something which is not their fault but rather due to my poor understanding of the system which I'm using.

So who to blame? If you're not happy with the process than pay by cheque or better still pay by cash and ask for a receipt.

I wonder what's going on.....

....Giro deduction is on 28th May. However, the bill have already been paid on 23rd May....

There .... you just answered your own question ....

At least next month you have one less bill to worry about with this credit

There .... you just answered your own question ....
At least next month you have one less bill to worry about with this credit
And that's the reason for the confusion in the system. If there is a Giro arrangement then let it process and deduct the money. Then the amount is properly credited to SP and no pink letter and other stuff is initiated. In your case, it could be (assuming here, please correct if wrong) that you have paid but the Giro bounced, resulting in the automatic pink notice.
Secondly, if you want to stop Giro by paying manually earlier then this must be 5 working days before Giro deduction runs. Keep in mind that certain transactions are not credited immediately but only in overnight clearing. Looking at the dates you gave it's simply too short in order to stop the Giro by your own advance payment.

In a nut shell, payment, deduction and credit do not all fall on the same day.
Finance dept will only credit the payment into your account only when they are informed by their bank that your money is credited into their account and usually this is usually via the bank statement send to them around the first 10 days of the month.

In fact I'm not just blaming them, it happens to other parties too. However, the point that got me mad was that we receive their newsletter saying that all residents will have to make their S&CC payment personally the month before. So we waited for their bill but instead got a penalty letter which was dated on the 15 May. We then proceed to make payment on 23 May. And then the 2nd letter saying we have an outstanding amount came. They were able to see that payment was made but yet nothing was done.

In fact, no details were given or nobody knows whats going on when they took over. My point is, technology is there to assist, it's not there to take over our life and let it decide everything for us. If we don't make the effort to monitor, then things will surely go wrong and then the end party will be the one suffering the consequences.

Status
Not open for further replies.