Beware of this Photographer, stylist & Editor

A

alpstan

Dear All,

I am starting this thread as I do not want others to suffer the same losses as me and to be cheated by people whom claim that they are professionals.

Basically, I needed someone to do a product shoot for me and this man Joseph Hong the so called editor (www.impressionsonline.sg) called me and raved about his professional and good styling services. After having heard his presentation, decided to use him as he gave me a reasonable quote. ( 45 pairs of shoes for $1500, $150 for 10 shots of talent legs and 2 pairs of shoes)

As he was only the editor, he claim that he will get his best stylist and photographer whom he partner for years to be involve in the whole product shoot. That is Danny the stylist and a photographer whose studio is at one corner of down town east. (Can't rem the photographer name and studio, is was beside a shop selling 2nd hand luxury bags)

I brought down the shoes to the studio and was there the whole afternoon looking at them taking the shots. I must say they didnt look at all professional to me. But I feel as long as the end product is good, there's nothing I can say. The editor Joseph Hong told me he work with fann wong before and says she is very stuck up then the stylist continue by saying he works with ayumi (the jap singer) also not that stuck up.

The photoshoot is finally done, I pay them and left. Took the disc one week later and realize that there are black spots all over the photos, even on the talent legs as well. I called joseph and he said he is very disappointed with the photographer and will get a reshoot done for me. For the next 3 months, I email and called him, he then kept delaying the photoshoot and after that, he just never reply or pick up the call anymore.

So please watch out for these 3 person;

Joseph Hong - Editor (website address: www.impressionsonline.sg)
Danny - Stylist
Photography studio at Down town east

Dear All,

I am starting this thread as I do not want others to suffer the same losses as me and to be cheated by people whom claim that they are professionals.

Basically, I needed someone to do a product shoot for me and this man Joseph Hong the so called editor (www.impressionsonline.sg) called me and raved about his professional and good styling services. After having heard his presentation, decided to use him as he gave me a reasonable quote. ( 45 pairs of shoes for $1500, $150 for 10 shots of talent legs and 2 pairs of shoes)

As he was only the editor, he claim that he will get his best stylist and photographer whom he partner for years to be involve in the whole product shoot. That is Danny the stylist and a photographer whose studio is at one corner of down town east. (Can't rem the photographer name and studio, is was beside a shop selling 2nd hand luxury bags)

I brought down the shoes to the studio and was there the whole afternoon looking at them taking the shots. I must say they didnt look at all professional to me. But I feel as long as the end product is good, there's nothing I can say. The editor Joseph Hong told me he work with fann wong before and says she is very stuck up then the stylist continue by saying he works with ayumi (the jap singer) also not that stuck up.

The photoshoot is finally done, I pay them and left. Took the disc one week later and realize that there are black spots all over the photos, even on the talent legs as well. I called joseph and he said he is very disappointed with the photographer and will get a reshoot done for me. For the next 3 months, I email and called him, he then kept delaying the photoshoot and after that, he just never reply or pick up the call anymore.

Danny - Stylist
[/B]

ONE thread is enough........ DO NOT duplicate this

Last edited:
how about posting up some photos here so that everyone can view the images that you were referring to?

Yes, you may want to post up some pictures? In addition, you may want to post up some information about yourself. No one knows who you are also, apart as a 'New Member' with 2 posts.

make sure u have solid grounds. being sued for slander is no fun.

Dear All,

Danny - Stylist

3 people? i only see 2..

help me understand something here..you hired the editor of a lifestyle website to do a product shoot for you?

im pretty sure black spots on the photos will be proof enough. as long as theres a record of emails send to the photographer requesting for a reshoot im sure theres solid grounds.

This is definitely not created for fun. How do I post the pictures up, it seems like I am not suppose to post attachments?

In fact, I went to small claim tribunal wanting to claim back the sum but because his office is at his residential place so if he proof that there is no assets belonging to his pte ltd office then i cannot do a seizure. Then a frez told me about this forum, therefore I register myself and post the thread.

I hope joseph, danny or the photographer at down town east will see this and call me.

Antacid;

joseph hong the editor called and wanted to do a full write up marketing my products for me. And he said he can do the products for me. So I agreed on the product shoot first and told him the marketing plans can wait.

In the first place, why go to a blog owner to do product shoot? It would be more logical to find a PHOTOGRAPHER, no?

Since u approached him, naturally he would sub the job to other folks and pocket a referral fee. Any problems after that, he naturally wash his hands free as he has no "reputation to safeguard" as he is not the PHOTOGRAPHER involved.

On another note, you would also have to prove that you are not a business rival out to discredit Joseph Hong. Posting some of the said photos here would be a good start.

I didnt call him, he call me upon seeing my website. So I agreed to meet him and hear what good marketing plans he will have. Then I mention to him that I will need to do product shoot so he claim he is able to do it and his partner danny is a very good stylist so I agreed.

I didnt call him, he call me upon seeing my website. So I agreed to meet him and hear what good marketing plans he will have. Then I mention to him that I will need to do product shoot so he claim he is able to do it and his partner danny is a very good stylist so I agreed.

We hear you and understand the issues/ difficultires/ pain/ frustrations that you have. Some pictures would help the rest understand what was being delivered.

Most here are photographers want-to-be and are here to learn and share. Very little clients come here to look for real photographers so i am not sure how far it can help you by posting these info here?

I think its also good that you approach this on a legal basis? Maybe Joseph and his frens are not active members here and they wont know nor learn from this thread that they can do a better job?

where did the thread move to?

I am trying to load the photos in the member gallaries now.

The file is too big, cant load

Danny - Stylist
[/B]

Sorry to hear about your predicament...
I'm just puzzled why you only checked the disc 1 week later, and didn't insist for them to show you the end result there and then on the spot before paying and leaving.

Sorry to hear about your predicament...
I'm just puzzled why you only checked the disc 1 week later, and didn't insist for them to show you the end result there and then on the spot before paying and leaving.

Uh, ts din check one week later. Ts only managed to collect disc one week later. Time needed to pp...

You know you could try salvaging it by cloning out. Might be dust spots...or your monitor dirty:bsmilie: