BEWARE of seller JOSEPH MAK (enjoy reading my "beautiful" encounter)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zebrakit

May 14, 2008
Clubsnap profile: http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/member.php?u=62396
Contact Number: ^

A few weeks' ago, I confirmed a deal with this seller Joseph Mak for a Canon 30D. He agreed to selling his package which included grip that my friend wanted. I then informed him that I could only deal in the following week because of my exams. Tomorrow , we were supposed to meet to deal. Just a while ago, Joseph Mak decided to back out claiming that there were problems regarding to the camera ( he told me it had to be shipped from France , which was awesomely weird huh ). I tried to ask what was wrong with the camera, or if something had happened during shipment. Then he said " I can't sell my 30D because my wife did not agree to it" How freaking incredible isn't it. Being a man who is married and earns a decent job in the IT industry, he should be old enough (at least older than me) to know that it is unfair for me. First off, I'm very pissed because if he at least informed me last week, I guess I could have considered other offers from other sellers. And the thing is that, shouldn't he be actually discussing this issue with his wife before posting a selling post here: http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=404116. :nono: This is a so definite no-no and my jaws are still hung loosely down in utter shock. Such an immature sellers these days. After I called him to ask again about why he couldn't sell it he just said " I REALLY CAN'T SELL IT I REALLY CAN'T THANK YOU" and so he then hung up on me.

Now I must say WOW Good luck in selling your 30D and your other stuffs or oh no, I think your wife would probably say no again. Oh well, then I'm pretty sure I warned everyone against this very very very very very very childish seller whom he had no idea that he's actually dealing with a teenager who had not even reach the age of 17. And now I shall end this frustrating speech by saying I'm still very disappointed. I can't believe I'm resorting to such immature way of handling this issue. I probably learnt it from Joseph Mak.

Edit/
Last week, I did offer to pay a deposit of $200. He was the one who said it was ok, because I felt that I needed to place a deposit since I was also the one who could only deal next week.

Last edited:
Contact Number: 83577101 / 91018626

A few weeks' ago, I confirmed a deal with this seller Joseph Mak for a Canon 30D. He agreed to selling his package which included grip that my friend wanted. I then informed him that I could only deal in the following week because of my exams. Tomorrow , we were supposed to meet to deal. Just a while ago, Joseph Mak decided to back out claiming that there were problems regarding to the camera ( he told me it had to be shipped from France , which was awesomely weird huh ). I tried to ask what was wrong with the camera, or if something had happened during shipment. Then he said " I can't sell my 30D because my wife did not agree to it" How freaking incredible isn't it. Being a man who is married and earns a decent job in the IT industry, he should be old enough (at least older than me) to know that it is unfair for me. First off, I'm very pissed because if he at least informed me last week, I guess I could have considered other offers from other sellers. And the thing is that, shouldn't he be actually discussing this issue with his wife before posting a selling post here: http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=404116. :nono: This is a so definite no-no and my jaws are still hung loosely down in utter shock. Such an immature sellers these days. After I called him to ask again about why he couldn't sell it he just said " I REALLY CAN'T SELL IT I REALLY CAN'T THANK YOU" and so he then hung up on me.

Now I must say
WOW.
Good luck in selling your 30D and your other stuffs or oh no, I think your wife would probably say no again. Oh well, then I'm pretty sure I warned everyone against this very very very very very very childish seller whom he had no idea that he's actually dealing with a teenager who had not even reach the age of 17. And now I shall end this frustrating speech by saying

Joseph Mak, you are a loser.

I can't believe I'm resorting to such immature way of handling this issue. I probably learnt it from Joseph Mak.

Sorry, but you gave me the impression that you are much worst off than him ....:dunno:

Firstly, I dont think it is nice to post his private mobiles here.

Secondly, even if you have agreed, you did not pay any deposit or agreed in writing and as such he is always entitled to cancell the deal in whatever way he wanted. What if, for example, after seeing the item you decided it is not up to your expectation and you decide to cancel the deal?

By writing such a nasty post, I feel that you are a lousy loser:thumbsd: Grow up, man!

really sorry for your bad experience but this line really struck me, " I REALLY CAN'T SELL IT I REALLY CAN'T THANK YOU". I think he might have something very emotionally intense holding him back and that he would have sold it to you if he could. I'm not sure but i just feel that there's more than what meets the eye. Maybe i'm completely wrong but that's my take on the matter.

Sorry, but you gave me the impression that you are much worst off than him ....:dunno:

Secondly, even if you have agreed, you did not pay any deposit or agreed in writing and as such he is always entitled to cancell the deal in whatever way he wanted. What if, for example, after seeing the item you decided it is not up to your expectation and you decide to cancel the deal?

By writing such a nasty post, I feel that you are a lousy loser:thumbsd: Grow up, man!

totally agree. Posting phone number is really :nono:

Firstly back, the mobile no. can be found on the selling post anyway. I editted it so yeah.
Secondly back, I did offer to pay a deposit and sad to say, he was the one who rejected.
Lastly, I feel that it is important to warn others on this issue. If you were in my shoes, you'd have been pissed off too. And if you're judging me a loser by this post, then I guess the whole world would be filled with losers. To add again, I need to grow up I guess and learn from others' mistakes. Woo

Nothing news but you should be wiser then this. I say move on don't spoil your day.

Nothing news but you should be wiser then this. I say move on don't spoil your day.

Completely agreed thats why I'm looking for a nice new seller now.

Hi zebrakit,

First off, I'm sorry to hear about your encounter, but take heart, because there will be other cameras waiting for you in the Classifieds. ;) Also, as much as this doesn't change what happened, at least you did not loose money.

Joseph Mak is not the loser; ALL of us will be at some point or another, subject to the same risks, and that's simply because of the nature of forum classifieds like these, where concepts like virtue, honesty and honor, and where a man's word IS honor, is an option, and not a pre-requisite, and where there's no enforced feed-back system. Having a policed Classifieds section, like some overseas forums, is a huge task and takes up enormous amounts of time and manpower.

Sometimes, even simpler concepts like consideration and courtesy is thrown out the window.

However, just as we have scumbags and frauds or simply inconsiderate people, there also are very nice, honest and honorable people around CS. I truly hope that the next person you meet is one of them. ;)

Tks for bringing this up.... i knw who to avoid next time when selling my gear.

funny eh, fancy the pot calling the kettle back.
few months ago, you even want me to deliver my 18-55mm kit lens to orchard area (when i work in tuas), even though i was selling at a low price.

you're not much better off as a buyer...close the thread will ya, don't make a fool of yourself here for crying out loud!
lucky you're on my ignore list since then...better not to deal with single/double digit posters.

and p.s name-calling is a definite :nono:
know the forum rules 1st before posting, so much for a 16-yr old lady...
what goes around, comes around.

Last edited:
funny eh, fancy the pot calling the kettle back.
few months ago, you even want me to deliver my 18-55mm kit lens to orchard area (when i work in tuas), even though i was selling at a low price.

you're not much better off as a buyer...well close the thread will ya, don't make a fool of yourself here for crying out loud !
lucky you're on my ignore list since then...

and p.s name-calling is a definite :nono:
know the forum rules 1st before posting.

exposed :eek::bigeyes:

know the forum rules 1st before posting, so much for a 16-yr old lady...

WOW .... generation Y behave in this manner.... sad to think of the future.

buyers or sellers back out from a deal, it happens all the time, if everyone little bit things just come to KP to kpkb.... it will make the moderators very bo eng.

TS: just get it over will you?

btw, don't anyhow call people immature unless you are older than that person!

Lastly, I feel that it is important to warn others on this issue. If you were in my shoes, you'd have been pissed off too. And if you're judging me a loser by this post, then I guess the whole world would be filled with losers. To add again, I need to grow up I guess and learn from others' mistakes. Woo
The way you have written is definitely not about warning others about Mr Mak .... it's more about venting your frustration over a deal which you thought was a great deal, and which you were obviously not matured enough to see the loophole.
In life, if you want something bad enough, don't wait .... get it done immediately. Even 5 mins will make a big difference.

What really pissed me off was when you insulted Mr Mak when he obviously respected his wife's view and was honest and brave enough to tell you the real reason .... I think a couple's relationship is definitely more important. Even if i have bought the cam, and if he told me that his wife was unhappy about it, I would have gladly returned to him if that'll help in their relationship.

The world will never be filled with losers, probably some. Grow up and learn not only from others' mistakes, but your own as well.
Bless you...:angel:

Contact Number: ^

Now I must say WOW Good luck in selling your 30D and your other stuffs or oh no, I think your wife would probably say no again. Oh well, then I'm pretty sure I warned everyone against this very very very very very very childish seller whom he had no idea that he's actually dealing with a teenager who had not even reach the age of 17. And now I shall end this frustrating speech by saying I'm still very disappointed. I can't believe I'm resorting to such immature way of handling this issue. I probably learnt it from Joseph Mak.

Edit/
Last week, I did offer to pay a deposit of $200. He was the one who said it was ok, because I felt that I needed to place a deposit since I was also the one who could only deal next week.

Meeting this sort of seller is normal. The same goes for buyer.

Dun really see what the fuss is all about...

I have met sellers who pull out of their deal at the last minute because they got a better offer from someone else, I've also met buyers who quote ridiculous prices for things I want to sell. This happens not only in this forum but in other places as well. You just have to learn to live with it.

Such name-calling and wild ranting is kinda uncalled for :nono:

Zebrakit, have a heart for the poor guy, yea?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.