BEWARE of seller bengchiat

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenni

Apr 27, 2007
HI i'm not sure if this is the right area to be posting in but if its in violation please let me know.
Thanks
This is just a beware notice for a seller with the nick bengchiat (96698633), i shall not name his real name but just his number lest anyone is dealing with him unknowingly. If anyone is buying anything from this guy beware he might just back out on you in the last min. We were suppose have a deal with for a sigma 10 - 20 lens on the 20th, but due to last min commitments in the army i can't commit. I msg him on the 19th night to check whether if we could change the meeting date to the 21st. The reply that i got on the following day was he would rather sell to the next in line than wait another day. I msg him back and explaning my actions and if he dont mind i could deal later in the night. But he came up with alot of reasons. Insisting no he is not going to sell it to me. Anyway i rejected several offers just to wait for him. I would not say anymore but the way he handled the matter was really unprofessional. So anyone whose dealing with him. Just be careful.

he didn't take your money, he has every right to sell to the next guy.
isn't it your own fault that you couldn't make it?

wow.

well kenni, i have met buyers who delay, and delay, and delay, and then end up not buying it. after that, the other buyers, some who offer higher price, or would have made it, also bought it from somewhere else, or think their intended purchase through and end up not buying it too. so from a potential sell, i end up with no money, and a piece of equipment no longer need.

if i put it up for sale again, the happy people then note that i seem to be getting desperate and start offering ridiculous prices.

learn something from to kill a mockingbird, put yourself in bengchiat's shoes, walk around in it, and see if you would do the same. sometimes sellers can be ridiculously nonsensical, but in this case i think his actions are not unjustified. if you were a seller, would you sell to a person who seems to be trying to back out and reconsider, even if that was not your intention to portray it as such, or actually do it? perception is everything.

i see no reason to take this issue up since you were unable to honour your deal of being able to meet up there and then on time, you broke the agreement. understand how army works, but for all he knows, you could be playing him.

what if he thought you were holding out on him and was kinda keen to let go it fast and promised the next person in line the deal?
if i were him i would rather not wait 1 day who knows you might smoke me...words of promise by sms is no longer valid in this modern age.
even if you were the seller, you feel the same way.
i got a potential buyer somewhat like you...bid highest then tell me to wait 1 week for that stupid bugger then pm me again for the price for the lens...i was thinking wtf he bid for what in the 1st place...new member some more...super disappointed with this kind of ppl.

maybe cs should start to have a list of bad buyers/sellers.

hmmm... blacklisting? then who's to authenticate? wad if a group gang up to blacklist fellow CSer? its too complicated. remembered once there were quite a few rants on XMM wannabe models out to make a quick buck.

If I was the seller and my prospective buyer delays the sale, I will definitley not sell to him/her.

HI i'm not sure if this is the right area to be posting in but if its in violation please let me know.
Thanks
This is just a beware notice for a seller with the nick bengchiat (96698633), i shall not name his real name but just his number lest anyone is dealing with him unknowingly. If anyone is buying anything from this guy beware he might just back out on you in the last min. We were suppose have a deal with for a sigma 10 - 20 lens on the 20th, but due to last min commitments in the army i can't commit. I msg him on the 19th night to check whether if we could change the meeting date to the 21st. The reply that i got on the following day was he would rather sell to the next in line than wait another day. I msg him back and explaning my actions and if he dont mind i could deal later in the night. But he came up with alot of reasons. Insisting no he is not going to sell it to me. Anyway i rejected several offers just to wait for him. I would not say anymore but the way he handled the matter was really unprofessional. So anyone whose dealing with him. Just be careful.

you have no case and he has the right not to sell to you, since you backed out.

thread closed

Status
Not open for further replies.