BEWARE OF PARISILK!!!

camerax

Apr 19, 2008
Hi guys, this is just a gentle reminder / warning to you who want to buy from this store which I think is not too trustworthy.

Today, I decided to buy a Nikon lens 85 1.8G from parisilk and gave them a call (bedok branch because the Holland village branch never picked up my phone calls) and talked to this guy , his name is HAKIM. And he asked me, do you want to buy? And I said “YES, I do”. And he quoted me “600 dollars BY CASH including GST and everything and 2% extra if you pay by credit card” and I said okay fine, I will take it. I asked him, can you send it to HOLLAND VILLAGE? Since its closer to my place and he said “no problem, sir”. He told me he would call me back if the lens has been sent and then 2 hours later , he called me “okay sir, this lens is ready and you can collect it today in Holland village”. I left my name and contact no and basically WE HAD A DEAL!!
And so tonight, I withdrew my money and went there and I was so shocked. The staff said “we got no 85 1.8G”. However, I said “ I talked to hakim few hours ago and he told me that I can pick it up here. And all of the sudden, the girl came from behind and gave the sales guy the NIKON 85 1.8G and she said “FROM HAKIM, BLA BLA BLA (in INDIAN LANGUAGE) 599 dollars”. And the guy HOLDING THAT LENS BOX and turned to me and said “the price has gone up, its not 599, its 629 dollars”.

He Did not even say “SORRY SIR, ETC” or even looked guilty and just looked at me like I was a fool then, and AHA, at that point, I just knew what kind of garbage I was dealing with here” and so I asked him if I could talk to HAKIm (THE Person who had a deal with me) and he called the bedok branch and he said , oh HAKIM is busy. You can try to reach him again in the next 15 minutes or so.

WAKAKAKAKAA, are you kidding me here??? I was very angry and I flipped. I told him to GIVE ME THE CORRECT QUOTE NEXT TIME. And I wasted my time to get here for what??? And he just shook his head and WALKED AWAY FROM ME. My jaw dropped and I didn’t know what to say. He didn’t even bother give me explanation.

And so 20 minutes later, I was very curious and called HAKIM and he picked up and I asked for his explanation, he said “I gave you a wrong price”. My cost has gone up to 590 bucks, so I cant sell it to you at 599. If you want, you can pay 599 + 7%GST which makes it around 642 bucks. WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?? Are you seriously that stupid??? You gave the customer wrong quote?? And the sales guy in holland village quoted me 629???
AND actually for yall record who don’t know about this lens price. This lens is retailed around 590-610 in Funan. Some stores even sold it for less than 590 (pay by cash ofcourse).However, the lens is fairly new and so only few stores has it , I guess. So I think what he is trying to do here is to SQUEEZE my dollars out / rip me off a bit here after he agreed to sell it on 599 ??? WTH.

Finally , Hakim put me on hold and then got this guy to talk to me and then he said “ I am very sorry but I cant sell that lens to you because ITS OUT OF STOCK!” wakakakkakaa, and I told him “I just got back from your store”. Are you trying to lie to me? And he banged the phone and hung up on me.

This is gonna be THE LAST TIME I shop here and I am seriously turned off by this store. IF they can do this little disgusting thing like this, WHO KNOWS WHAT THEY CAN possibly do in a grand scale? Hahahahhaa, GOODBYE stupid untrustworthy PARISILK.

My complaints are :
1) We had a deal and this is WITHIN THE SAME DAY and even just FEW HOURS ( we are not talking about DIFFERENT business DAY) and he just bailed on customer just like that??? This is SERIOUSLY RETARDED SERVICE. Did he even consider that I wasted my time to go there ?
2) The guy who talked to me DID NOT even say SORRY / give explanation to me as a customer EVEN ONCE!!!. This is seriously one of the offensive things to do here.

For those of you who are looking to buy cameras, etc from them, BE WARNED!! I don’t think they are very honest here. And the service is horrible imho. I would say, just buy from Funan (nicer place , airconditioned, etc) than walk all the way down there. I feel very stupid today. And never trust what they told you!! there is definitely no customer service from this retarded store.:angry:

Last edited:
Hmmm... interesting. I bought from them before no problem, perhaps I bought it from Holland V branch while they have stock at that very branch.

Anyway usually I won't ask them to transfer a lens from one branch to another for my own sake, if you want the lens I would recommend you go to bedok branch and get it, unless you are getting a piece of very very expensive equipment. Asking them to do extra stuff might just give them the reason to charge u extra.

But one thing that can be improved is their quotation method, they usually give through verbal (unless you ask through facebook see if they reply through there) unlike say MSColor who give e - quotation which you can print out as proof.

Why not wait till holland branch to pick up your call? Seems like you are very or overly eager to get your lens...should get quotation from holland branch and pop by shortly to purchase, if not then just continue down to Funan. That's what I would do.

Drop them a facebook msg see if any response from them?

Last edited:
wow such things are sad to hear..

but noticed these days, some auth dealers are deliberately holding stocks to chop some carrot heads..

TS, I can feel your frustration, hope u get the lens elsewhere at a cheaper price.

Hmmm... interesting. I bought from them before no problem

Anyway usually I won't ask them to transfer a lens from one branch to another for my own sake, if you want the lens I would recommend you go to bedok branch and get it, unless you are getting a piece of very very expensive equipment. Asking them to do extra stuff might just give them the reason to charge u extra.

Why not wait till holland branch to pick up your call? Seems like you are very or overly eager to get your lens...should get quotation from holland branch and pop by shortly to purchase, if not then just continue down to Funan. That's what I would do.

Drop them a facebook msg see if any response from them?

my friend also bought from them before and no problems. and i was shocked of what happened to me today. I still cant get over my frustration since i actually took off from my group of friends TO GET THE LENS and i was treated like idiot.

about transfering the lens, this is very normal to do. My friend did it before and he was not charged for this. And to be honest, come on, just use our common sense here, do you actually believe that they TRANSFER THE LENS??? the lens was there since the beginning!!!!! HAKIM CALLED ME IN LIKE LESS THAN 2 HOURS. and when i wanted to pick up the lens, the guy in HOLLAND V did tell me "WE DONT HAVE 85 1.8G in stock". THE LENS WAS THERE!!!! he finally held it in front of me. did you see what they are doing here??? THEY TRIED TO JACK UP THE PRICE UNETHICALLY.

I truly understand you wanna make money in business but i dont THINK THIS IS THE RIGHT WAY OF DOING IT. there is an ethics of doing it. AND THIS IS OBVIOUSLY JUST RETARDED and not ethical at all. you cant just jack up price like that if you already agreed to sell it to me at that price. ESPECIALLY CONSIDERING THAT I ALREADY GOT THERE!!! what about my taxi fare?? They did not even say sorry or give me explanation!! IS THIS THE WAY TO TREAT PEOPLE?? seriously mannn, this is so sickening!!!

and i asked him if i can pick it up in HOLLAND V and he said it was okay. if he was not cool with that, HE SHOULD HAVE SAID SO on the phone. BASICALLY, this shouldnt be a problem at all. my friend bought a camera before and did this and no problem whatsoever.

Bro, i called holland V like 5 times and nobody picked up the phone so ofcourse as a normal person, i called other branch and see if anyone picked up?? I am sure i am not doing anything wrong here.

Basically, the point is "THEY TRY TO GET MORE PROFIT "which is ALRIGHT and cool under normal circumstances. BUT NOW, HE ALREADY TOLD ME THAT I COULD BUY IT AT 599 AFTER GST, ETC. and i went there already and ready to pay. HOW COULD YOU AS a seller just REJECT CUSTOMER LIKE THAT??? its not like we got no deal, WE HAD A DEAL!!! and i went there and ready to pay.

And even worse, I TALKED TO HIM LIKE ABOUT 3-4 HOURS before I got there.

What is even more frustrating, the staff did not even say SORRY even once or tried to explain to me. TO be honest, i know they werent even dare to look me in the eye because they know THEY DID LITTLE DISGUSTING CRAP. and so why bother explaining crap to me?

The intention of this store is just plain disgusting and bad, you see?? thats my point. I can assure you that this is not just unintentional misquote, etc. If they have enough courtesy, the fact that i had spent my time to get there already was ENOUGH OF A REASON for them not to pull off this little dirty crap.

I am truly questioning the integrity of this store. IF THEY CAN DO THIS NASTY CRAP like this to customer just for 30-40 bucks extra, WHAT ELSE THEY WOULD HAVE DONE TO GET SOME MORE? just think!!! i am seriously shocked here. i have never been treated like this in my life as a buyer.

HOW COULD A SELLER REFUSE to sell you the stuff after we had a deal?? and I ALREADY WENT THERE AND READY TO PAY!!! for 30-40 bucks extra, they are willing to pull off this kind of s****??? can they reimburse my time??? my taxi fare to get there??? WHAT THE HECK!!!

Drop a faceboook message?? for what?? there is no way i am going to deal with them again. and you bet, i will tell my friend to just stay away from them. and actually, now after shopping for quite a while, i realized the best place to pick up lenses or camera is probably funan. the place is much more convenient and comfortable. and definitely no BS like this. i am so sick of it.

Last edited:
Basically they STINKS !

They are the same as those salesmen at SLS, changing their story quicker than the weather and lying through their teeth.
They are not worthy of your business or ours.

:angry::angry::angry:

Basically they STINKS !

They are the same as those salesmen at SLS, changing their story quicker than the weather and lying through their teeth.
They are not worthy of your business or ours.

:angry::angry::angry:

AND YOU know what bro?? actually even if they sold it at 599 to me, THEY already made profit, u know. it is good already. why?? this lens in funan was only sold for 590 in some stores. But since its brand new, they know only few stores carrying it so they got greedy and did this!! THEY tried to squeeze more dollars out of my pocket.

I am fine with stores trying to make money more and more. BUT i am not cool with their way now because THIS IS OUT OF LINE!! The guy named hakim already told me, OKAY SIR, YOU CAN PICK UP UR LENS anytime today!!!. and i left my contact no there, my name there. IT WAS a done deal.

how could they just reject me like that after we agreed over the phone?? and its not like a misquote, its their freaking problem of trying to make some more money and be greedy and FINALLY SACRIFICING A SINCERE BUYER who really went there to buy it!

well i am pissed because i spent money on taxi!! so stupid. i could have used that money to buy other things. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Pricing is up to the individual shop. You can't blame a shop for wanting to charge more if you don't do your homework.

I'm not a regular at parisilk but from what I understand they quote the pre gst and post gst price together. You may have just had a bad experience with poor service.

And by the way, shops have no obligation to sell at a quoted price. You're getting angry over nothing :)

Pricing is up to the individual shop. You can't blame a shop for wanting to charge more if you don't do your homework.

I'm not a regular at parisilk but from what I understand they quote the pre gst and post gst price together. You may have just had a bad experience with poor service.

And by the way, shops have no obligation to sell at a quoted price. You're getting angry over nothing :)

I totally cannot agree with what you just said....

I totally cannot agree with what you just said....

And I respect your right to disagree with me. Just my 2 cents about the matter. Energy would be better spent on getting the lens elsewhere instead of being angry over it. The consumer is king when he has choices. And in Singapore, we have many choices.

are you serious here??? do you even realize what you just said??

THE GUY QUOTED ME THE FINAL PRICE AFTER GST and we basically had a deal. I went there to collect the item and ready to pay. but then he broke the agreement. you think THIS IS OKAY?? are you serious?

if i dont do the homework?? WHAT HOMEWORK?? I called the guy and we had a deal, what else to do??

i am sorry to say but i think u re a bit silly here. Okay fine, if you think this is cool. but i think they survive since there are quite a few people like you who dont mind of getting cheated.

The store has no obligation to sell for quoted price?? YES I AGREE. but please look at my post!!!! WE HAD A DEAL!!! its not that he quoted me a price. HE TOLD ME TO COME TO HOLLAND VILLAGE AND ASKED ME TO BRING 600 BUCKS CASH to collect.

AND THEN I WENT THERE and he said he couldnt sell it at that price. Do you even get the point here??? IF HE WASNT WILLING TO SELL IT, then why he asked me to come??? IT WAS WASTING MY TIME!!!

OM gosh, do you even know what u re saying here brother?

And I respect your right to disagree with me. Just my 2 cents about the matter. Energy would be better spent on getting the lens elsewhere instead of being angry over it. The consumer is king when he has choices. And in Singapore, we have many choices.

i am angry because They told me to get there. and after i spent time and money to get there, they broke the deal. WTH. is this okay to you?

you cool if someone did that to you?

your comment is a joke.

magicianhisoka said:

I don't agree with what you said. Shops have a responsibility and obligation to what they had quoted to a customer. In this case, homework was done and the price was agreed upon, it shows that the shop has no integrity.

TS, can understand your frustration. I experienced once as well, but with other shop. Learned my lesson. I must say I have bought stuff from P with no issues. I wrote through their website to get e-quote, then printed it out, went down to the shop. They verbally gave me a higher price but when I showed them the e-quote, they sold me at the e-quote price. If you feel that the verbal conversation is an implied oral contract, all you can do now if I am not mistaken is to file a case at the small claims court -- but will be a long winded process. I guess take this as a lesson learnt, perhaps if you still want to give P another shot try getting e-quote.

Hi TS, sorry to hear such thing happen to you. I believe they should at least give you a call if price increase.
I never have such problem with MS or Cathay.
I am actually planning to go parisik to buy 2 lens tonight but after hearing this, I decided not to patronise this shop in future.

are you serious here??? do you even realize what you just said??

THE GUY QUOTED ME THE FINAL PRICE AFTER GST and we basically had a deal. I went there to collect the item and ready to pay. but then he broke the agreement. you think THIS IS OKAY?? are you serious?

If you really want to do something about it, give your feedback to Parisilk management, go to CASE, write about your incident factually.. And keep calm and cool. Getting worked up about it serves no one, least of all yourself.

You have a reason for a gripe, but please, don't get so worked up...

If I were you, I would point out to Parisilk that you had reserved the lens with understanding that they already had it. So the logic for the "cost going up" is BS, obviously... ;)

Last edited:
Her'es something useful for you - based on Parisilk's website, the company is in the hands of 3 people - Andrew Primalani, Larry Primalani and Kevin Primalani.

Andrew's contact details are given on their website:

Andrew Primalani
Tel: 6344 9937
Fax: 6345 9910
Email: andrew@parisilk.com

Worth a try, I would think. Just explain your case nicely so that people would want to listen to you.

That said, I came across some feedback from HWZ: http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/h...n-plasma-tv-discussion-thread-2234914-69.html

Worth keeping in mind too. Cheers.

Last edited:
Agreed, bad service and full of bullshit, but No need to get so worked up and all. Just take it To the boss!^^

TS, thanks for sharing. This confirms my experience with Parisilk as well. I will no longer patronize that store.

But you really need to cool down. Not worth getting angry and building those bad chemicals in your body over this. Just buy it from somewhere else.

camerax said:
my friend also bought from them before and no problems. and i was shocked of what happened to me today. I still cant get over my frustration since i actually took off from my group of friends TO GET THE LENS and i was treated like idiot.

about transfering the lens, this is very normal to do. My friend did it before and he was not charged for this. And to be honest, come on, just use our common sense here, do you actually believe that they TRANSFER THE LENS??? the lens was there since the beginning!!!!! HAKIM CALLED ME IN LIKE LESS THAN 2 HOURS. and when i wanted to pick up the lens, the guy in HOLLAND V did tell me "WE DONT HAVE 85 1.8G in stock". THE LENS WAS THERE!!!! he finally held it in front of me. did you see what they are doing here??? THEY TRIED TO JACK UP THE PRICE UNETHICALLY.

I truly understand you wanna make money in business but i dont THINK THIS IS THE RIGHT WAY OF DOING IT. there is an ethics of doing it. AND THIS IS OBVIOUSLY JUST RETARDED and not ethical at all. you cant just jack up price like that if you already agreed to sell it to me at that price. ESPECIALLY CONSIDERING THAT I ALREADY GOT THERE!!! what about my taxi fare?? They did not even say sorry or give me explanation!! IS THIS THE WAY TO TREAT PEOPLE?? seriously mannn, this is so sickening!!!

and i asked him if i can pick it up in HOLLAND V and he said it was okay. if he was not cool with that, HE SHOULD HAVE SAID SO on the phone. BASICALLY, this shouldnt be a problem at all. my friend bought a camera before and did this and no problem whatsoever.

Bro, i called holland V like 5 times and nobody picked up the phone so ofcourse as a normal person, i called other branch and see if anyone picked up?? I am sure i am not doing anything wrong here.

Basically, the point is "THEY TRY TO GET MORE PROFIT "which is ALRIGHT and cool under normal circumstances. BUT NOW, HE ALREADY TOLD ME THAT I COULD BUY IT AT 599 AFTER GST, ETC. and i went there already and ready to pay. HOW COULD YOU AS a seller just REJECT CUSTOMER LIKE THAT??? its not like we got no deal, WE HAD A DEAL!!! and i went there and ready to pay.

And even worse, I TALKED TO HIM LIKE ABOUT 3-4 HOURS before I got there.

What is even more frustrating, the staff did not even say SORRY even once or tried to explain to me. TO be honest, i know they werent even dare to look me in the eye because they know THEY DID LITTLE DISGUSTING CRAP. and so why bother explaining crap to me?

The intention of this store is just plain disgusting and bad, you see?? thats my point. I can assure you that this is not just unintentional misquote, etc. If they have enough courtesy, the fact that i had spent my time to get there already was ENOUGH OF A REASON for them not to pull off this little dirty crap.

I am truly questioning the integrity of this store. IF THEY CAN DO THIS NASTY CRAP like this to customer just for 30-40 bucks extra, WHAT ELSE THEY WOULD HAVE DONE TO GET SOME MORE? just think!!! i am seriously shocked here. i have never been treated like this in my life as a buyer.

HOW COULD A SELLER REFUSE to sell you the stuff after we had a deal?? and I ALREADY WENT THERE AND READY TO PAY!!! for 30-40 bucks extra, they are willing to pull off this kind of s****??? can they reimburse my time??? my taxi fare to get there??? WHAT THE HECK!!!

Drop a faceboook message?? for what?? there is no way i am going to deal with them again. and you bet, i will tell my friend to just stay away from them. and actually, now after shopping for quite a while, i realized the best place to pick up lenses or camera is probably funan. the place is much more convenient and comfortable. and definitely no BS like this. i am so sick of it.

Simple. Just post in your Facebook and parisilk Facebook

Social media is v powerful in spreading messages