Beware of overhead bridge speed check camera!

Status
Not open for further replies.
jsbn said:
I drive too slowly to go into stock footage. :bsmilie:

Of cos, if that idiot in front decides to e-brake to wave to TP on duty, a running video camera and a complaint lodged to TP with non-disputable evidence of the idiot causing a near accident would be great. :D

hmm idiot? haha at least the idiot will have a few seconds of fun ;p

In fact every road user will tend to slow down when approaching overhead bridge to check on top whether got TP using speed detector camera. May cause accident in this way. :sweat:

Nisa said:
hmm idiot? haha at least the idiot will have a few seconds of fun ;p
And get slapped with demerit points PLUS a possible fine for that few seconds of 'fun'. ;)

Yeah, it would definitely be fun lodging a complaint and seeing another idiot getting fined and having demerit points. I can be THAT sadistic at times. :D

It will only cause accidents to people who like to tailgate others at high speeds.

JL1500k said:
In fact every road user will tend to slow down when approaching overhead bridge to check on top whether got TP using speed detector camera. May cause accident in this way. :sweat:

jsbn said:
And get slapped with demerit points PLUS a possible fine for that few seconds of 'fun'. ;)

Yeah, it would definitely be fun lodging a complaint and seeing another idiot getting fined and having demerit points. I can be THAT sadistic at times. :D

good for you. I had said before, i only do that when i know there is no cars at the back of me, but then if you choose to drive so close... i oso bo pian right?

JL1500k said:
i was almost involved in 2 such near miss. Twice I looked up and the front guy jammed his brakes when i looked straight and jammed my brakes I was just seriously only like 2cm from him.

Nisa said:
good for you. I had said before, i only do that when i know there is no cars at the back of me, but then if you choose to drive so close... i oso bo pian right?
I think we all get the picture by now you are a very careful driver that checks for absolute safety before pulling any pranks and if anything happens it must be the other drvier's fault because you cannot control what the other driver wants to do. Also you speed like you drive a stealth car and can never get caught. Correct? :D

yanyewkay said:
I think we all get the picture by now you are a very careful driver that checks for absolute safety before pulling any pranks and if anything happens it must be the other drvier's fault because you cannot control what the other driver wants to do. Also you speed like you drive a stealth car and can never get caught. Correct? :D

1) I would like to think i am somewhat a careful driver, if not VERY.
2) I always check if i want to pull any pranks.
3) IF anything did happen, it might be my fault and the other person's fault.
4) Yeah i do speed, but i was caught a few times.

So how many did you get right? :think:

jsbn said:

Well... that would be if there is proof.. but then again there are plenty of points going around for free... but then again... who knows.

I love to lodge complaints too! :devil:

Nisa said:
1) I would like to think i am somewhat a careful driver, if not VERY.
2) I always check if i want to pull any pranks.
3) IF anything did happen, it might be my fault and the other person's fault.
4) Yeah i do speed, but i was caught a few times.

So how many did you get right? :think:
only once and bad enough to almost get my license revoked if it was just a few km/h more. That was long enough ago for me to earn my good driver cert back. I do not speed in sg roads anymore FYI and I definitely do not pull stupid pranks/stunts.

Things to take note is when you saw some people standing at the overhead bridge from far then better be careful and slow down. Because those people are "KPO" watching the Traffic Police using the speed check camera to catch those car speeding. :bigeyes:

Klose said:
Roads to avoid if you drive pretty fast during non peak hours :sweat:

- Upper Bukit Timah
- Mandai Road
- KJE
- Lentor
- Thomson Road
- Upper Thomson Road
Mandai Road??? u sure?! :bigeyes:
darn... i always speed on that road :embrass: 100 - 120km/h

No wonder, the other day when I was driving north along Bukit Timah Road, I noticed someone standing in the middle of the overhead bridge with some kind of fairly big lens trying to take pictures. I thought it was some CS guy, got nothing better to do in the afternoon, feeling bored, and was trying to test his cam. Only when I got nearer did I realise that it was a cop up there. Luckily I was not speeding or holding anything near my ear. :sweat: :sweatsm:

dolpjki said:
Mandai Road??? u sure?! :bigeyes:
darn... i always speed on that road :embrass: 100 - 120km/h

They are usually hiding at the bus stop before the Zoo.
i would try to stay within the speed limit if i am travelling after 12 am, EVERYWHERE.

JL1500k said:
How about bought a speed camera detector from US and use here to detect the speed camera use in singapore. :bsmilie:

So from far you know there is speed camera ahead few hundred meter away. :bigeyes:

Hi if i may quote from above, speed detector (aka Radar detectors) are not allowed in spore. If caught in possession, the fine can fetch $2k. If caught using it, i cant imagine the fine and media coverage.

Let's just drive safe and reach our destinations. It is not worth getting caught as the money could be better spent on our loved ones. With soaring high petrol prices, I do see quite a diff in driving patterns on the road over the past 3yrs. These days, not so many vroom vrooms on the street and cabbies are more mindful as they gas the pedal.

The only campaign i can't fully agree with will be aggressive ERP tithing. Highway toll collection is meant for paying for the cost of new highways. Once collected enough, the toll booths (gantries) should be removed. The old Nicole highway still collects so much toll even though it had been paid for since the 70s.

National Day is coming. Will there be a calling for the patriotic Singaporean? Let's yearn for another surprised wage package to win our souls. We want more!

Status
Not open for further replies.