Beware of overhead bridge speed check camera!

Status
Not open for further replies.
JL1500k said:
If you have drive on the road long enough then you will know where are the common places they have setup the speed camera. Is good to know than don't know. So next time when you are speeding due to some reasons you know where to slow down alittle bit. :think:
There is never a good reason to speed on the road except in emergency (life and death case). :nono:
Time management is the key. Plan your route and time well and you will not need to speed. ;)

Nisa said:
Actually i am quite... Though i know it's wrong, but then i don't like them being sneaky as well.... Of course must make sure there is no cars behind me frist lah :sticktong

Nisa, don't you think what you do is childish? Even if there is no cars behind is not the issue... what I see here is a grown up with the mentality of a kid behind the wheels!

Yes they are sneaky at times, but they are law enforcers upholding the traffic law on the road. Keeping the speed limit is required by the law & they are not in the position to decide if you can break the speed limit if there are no cars on the highway. Their job is to take record of speeding vehicles that breaks the law. Why the need to try to upset them?

gundugundu said:
Nisa, don't you think what you do is childish? Even if there is no cars behind is not the issue... what I see here is a grown up with the mentality of a kid behind the wheels!

Yes they are sneaky at times, but they are law enforcers upholding the traffic law on the road. Keeping the speed limit is required by the law & they are not in the position to decide if you can break the speed limit if there are no cars on the highway. Their job is to take record of speeding vehicles that breaks the law. Why the need to try to upset them?
i agree that i am childish. I agree that i have a mentality of a kid. *plays toy"R"kids Song*

But i always feel if u want to uphold rules and regulations then be up front about it.
don't set traps for ppl to step into.

Danntbt said:
Was on an overhead bridge in front of Queenstown Secondary near Commenwealth/Alexander Junction, (near Margaret Dr)...holding my 100-400L testing a friends 1 series....and noticed drivers obediently slowed down as they approached....such power.....hahahaha....

Actually hor... I always drive on that road. There is always TP on the bridge before macdonalds ... the one before the one u are talking about. that's why drivers tend to slow down around that area.:sweat:

Nisa said:
i agree that i am childish. I agree that i have a mentality of a kid. *plays toy"R"kids Song*

But i always feel if u want to uphold rules and regulations then be up front about it.

Maybe you like to hide a side and shoot them while they are shooting below :bsmilie:

Then post here to let us see :bsmilie:

Roads to avoid if you drive pretty fast during non peak hours :sweat:

- Upper Bukit Timah
- Mandai Road
- KJE
- Lentor
- Thomson Road
- Upper Thomson Road

JL1500k said:
Maybe you like to hide a side and shoot them while they are shooting below :bsmilie:

Then post here to let us see :bsmilie:

I did tot about it... but then i wonder if they can arrest me for that.... :dunno:

The authority advise people not to anyhow stop at road shoulder for safety...but then the police hide in the bush to take photo :think: later same thing...suay suay a driver sotong drive off the road and wach into the bush.

or maybe because Nisa jammed brake to wave and driver behind kana shock and swerve the car toward the bush.... :bsmilie:

dominator said:
The authority advise people not to anyhow stop at road shoulder for safety...but then the police hide in the bush to take photo :think: later same thing...suay suay a driver sotong drive off the road and wach into the bush.

or maybe because Nisa jammed brake to wave and driver behind kana shock and swerve the car toward the bush.... :bsmilie:

got such accidents meh? how come i don't know about it one.... esp when i am involved :think:

Aiya whatever it is... they should not just set traps to let ppl step into it...

I don't see how taking a photograph of a law enforcement officer doing his thing is an arrestable offence.

Nisa said:
I did tot about it... but then i wonder if they can arrest me for that.... :dunno:

Arr ....

We All have Cam right .. Maybe some can take Pic of them and post here .... best if they are hiding ... with the butts up ..

sure the pic GOOD one .. :)

Nisa said:
Actually hor... I always drive on that road. There is always TP on the bridge before macdonalds ... the one before the one u are talking about. that's why drivers tend to slow down around that area.:sweat:
really....guess I'll be more careful when I drive thru there in thre future....

Nisa said:
got such accidents meh? how come i don't know about it one.... esp when i am involved :think:

Aiya whatever it is... they should not just set traps to let ppl step into it...

LOL :bsmilie: That's why they called it SPEED TRAP... :bsmilie:

Sandman77 said:
Arr ....

We All have Cam right .. Maybe some can take Pic of them and post here .... best if they are hiding ... with the butts up ..

sure the pic GOOD one .. :)
Tried taking pict of the man in blue once....and got my IC number taken down and reprimanded by the officer.....

Nisa said:

The people who'd always cry foul on 'sneaky tactics' are those breaks it.

If u carry a clear conscience on the road or anywhere, with integrity, the traffic police, CNB can set up 1001 'entrapment operations' and u would fall into a single one of them.

So, which are u? A weak-minded person who's looking to cut corners or carry urself with a clear conscience that u're untouchable?

Next time should ask him to tell you what law you are breaking, if any. Take down his name as well for reference :)

Danntbt said:
Tried taking pict of the man in blue once....and got my IC number taken down and reprimanded by the officer.....

jsbn said:
The people who'd always cry foul on 'sneaky tactics' are those breaks it.

If u carry a clear conscience on the road or anywhere, with integrity, the traffic police, CNB can set up 1001 'entrapment operations' and u would fall into a single one of them.

So, which are u? A weak-minded person who's looking to cut corners or carry urself with a clear conscience that u're untouchable?

:D i have a different point of view on this. I feel that the main thing is to discourage ppl to stop speeding, and not ppl sneakily (is there such a word?) speeding.

If based on what u are saying, then i am a weak minded person who is looking to cut corners! and i tot i never fit into the society!! :sweat:

my friends and i were just talking about these fellas during dinner yesterday. it started becos my friend was so irritated by them as he saw them(2 of them) pointing at speeding cars and laughing away when they caught one.

now that election is over and everything has settled down...better be very careful when you approach a bridge....they need to recover the money spent on the elections:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

last 3 i seen:(all on pedesttrain overhead bridge)

at bridge that links chongpang(yishun) and the army camp( think its sada)

outside synergy techno park ( where creative technology is)

lornie road (near island country club)

some of them hiding in the Police Van parking one side of the road at Yio Chu Kang near exit AMK st 65 toward CTE.

Nisa said:
:D i have a different point of view on this. I feel that the main thing is to discourage ppl to stop speeding, and not ppl sneakily (is there such a word?) speeding.

If based on what u are saying, then i am a weak minded person who is looking to cut corners! and i tot i never fit into the society!! :sweat:
Well, there are many who sought to cut corners, either by legal loopholes or illegally. So dun worry, u will fit in.

Those who don't cut corners are those who will never fit in.

And of cos, I drive like an old man on the roads so if there's anyone standing out on the roads, it would be me. :bsmilie:

Well, one shld never speed at anytime. Not only u pose a risk to others, but to urself as well. Ok, enuff with the old man preachin'. :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.