Beware: Kingston Elite Pro 1GB CF Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

snappyantz

Apr 16, 2006
Hi All, please be careful when buying CF card.... in one day, experiencing 2 kingston elite pro CF card getting Card I/O error when taking pics.... :angry:
Note the CF card are bought separately and used on different cameras by different people. My card died and cannot be read by the card reader when plug into the computer.... Hope my friend's one still fine. I trying to recover my day of hard work now... Anyway to all CSers, beware.....

its happened to me before too...chill...but i guess mine wasnt that bad...recovered the images using the programme i got from lexar...

cheers..

Yeah what camera.. i have no problem with it with my S1 IS

Mine is Oly E-300. My frd using Canon S2 IS

mine was a 4gb elite pro on a d70..gave way during a shoot... good thing there were only 20 images at that time in it....

xchanged it now it works fine on my s3... not gg to risk putting it into the d70 again..lest something happens ... i wun be lucky enuff to have only 20 shots every time this happens ahha

kingston not on the recommended list of CF for D70/D70s....

hmmm..... should i reconsider buying it?

zcwnfx said:
kingston not on the recommended list of CF for D70/D70s....

hmmm..... should i reconsider buying it?
No problem at all since day 1 on my D70s.

Go to Kingston website and check whether you are using original Kingston.... (forgot the link, but it is there).

Regards,
Arto.

not to worry
CF has no moving parts and will not fail :D

only microdrive will fail
(wink wink )

maxim said:
not to worry
CF has no moving parts and will not fail :D

only microdrive will fail
(wink wink )
CF and MD is like others electronics, you can not say they will not fail :nono: . Memory cell in CF also can fail.

IMHO, MD failure rate is higher than CF since MD have a moving parts.

Regards,
Arto.

maybe yours was from a bad batch. been using mine for a year. no problem so far.

Dear Friends,
I have ones but it still work well....I used for 350D.

Regards
Yoko

I used mine on my S1IS and 350D, still going fine.

At first i wanted to buy the elite pro version but bought the normal one instead for my 10D. Works fine though.

saw someone MO-ing CF cards in the consumer thread! wah! cheap cheap! so tempted to get the kingston one. wish nikon will go and test kingston cards as well.

zcwnfx said:
saw someone MO-ing CF cards in the consumer thread! wah! cheap cheap! so tempted to get the kingston one. wish nikon will go and test kingston cards as well.
How cheap is cheap?

I saw Video-pro flyer for Kingston ElitePro 1GB CF (50x) at $53.

But, looks like the price will drop some more. So, buy when you need it :cool: . It might bellow $50 in the next 2 months ;p .

Regards,
Arto.

Beware, when you buy a BMW car. This headline will probably be screaming across some car forums just because there was a recent that went to the court when someone bought a new BMW and gave a lot of problems from day one. It's good to inform ppl about some problem with a particular brand of product but at the end of the day it doesn't mean that that particular brand is a total washout and should be avoided altogether. There is always a risk when we buy any product and the chance of getting a lemon, despite the high standard of QC, is there. For every batch of a product, there will be some that will fail within a short span of time, despite passing the QC in the production line, and that's why they provide a limit warranty to repair or replace them. Having said all these, I am sure other brands of CF like Lexar, Sandisk, etc. also have their failure rates which some might be unfortunate to encounter. Anyway, I am looking forward to purchase some Kingston CF cards soon. :)

redstorm said:
Beware, when you buy a BMW car. This headline will probably be screaming across some car forums just because there was a recent that went to the court when someone bought a new BMW and gave a lot of problems from day one. It's good to inform ppl about some problem with a particular brand of product but at the end of the day it doesn't mean that that particular brand is a total washout and should be avoided altogether. There is always a risk when we buy any product and the chance of getting a lemon, despite the high standard of QC, is there. For every batch of a product, there will be some that will fail within a short span of time, despite passing the QC in the production line, and that's why they provide a limit warranty to repair or replace them. Having said all these, I am sure other brands of CF like Lexar, Sandisk, etc. also have their failure rates which some might be unfortunate to encounter. Anyway, I am looking forward to purchase some Kingston CF cards soon. :) 3f

REDSTORM, if you follow thru Kingston product development since last 10+ years from Personal computers ie, EDO RAM memory module till now, one shouldn't be surprise.

That's why they started this product cycle Life Time warranty.

Yes, cheap but a small % can cause headache later. Just change it if it happens, still a good deal but for some, their critical work will be lost. Definitely kingston won't compensate for that. It's your choice, really. Welcome to the world of electronics......:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

greenieadi said:
REDSTORM, if you follow thru Kingston product development since last 10+ years from Personal computers ie, EDO RAM memory module till now, one shouldn't be surprise.

That's why they started this product cycle Life Time warranty.

Yes, cheap but a small % can cause headache later. Just change it if it happens, still a good deal but for some, their critical work will be lost. Definitely kingston won't compensate for that. It's your choice, really. Welcome to the world of electronics......:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Yes, "YOU HAVE A CHOICE". Sounds familiar? :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.