Beware: Bes*cam (read this for your own good)

Status
Not open for further replies.

michaelt

Sep 9, 2004
Briefly:

Dropped by the above dealer at Funan to look at some items of interest.

Offered an initial price, which i requested for a slight lowering as goodwill and as full payment in cash. Request insistently refused. To be fair herefirst, the initial offer price is indeed slight better than market, but but! reserve note here.

I broke off the haggling to entertain a personal call, meantime notice that that staff 'Jo*' taking out one of the 2 item boxes on display, while stealing peeks in my directions, whilst i was outside the shop. Jo* then sneaked towards the back of the shop, seemingly tangling with something from inside the box's open lid. As i returned to the shop, another staff 'plump lady' was about to replace the removed box, see me coming and decided to hurry back into the shop with the box instead.

I then agreed to pay the offered price, Jo* THEN now proclaim that they only have 2 pieces left. One which is the one on display. The other?...new BUT no warranty avail. I asked to see both units, which Jo* then eagerly did so. Indeed of the last remaining box on display, it is empty [for the display unit]. The other which I believed to be the one removed whilst I was distracted comes with everything EXCEPT the warranty card.

I signalled my upset that they had not informed me earlier at the point of offer, the response is simple: "YOU NEVER CHECKED WITH US, this is all we have...so you want to take [the display set or the no warranty set]?"

Obviously [to dig a bigger hole to cover the previous one], Jo* 'own-offered' NOT to stamp the date of the wty unit so as he consider himself to be ACTUALLY HELPING to prolong the availability of wty for the [display] unit - a great pro-service indeed!

Buyers pls beware, this is the standard gameplay here, BAIT and SWITCH.

What i particularly distress is that in order to 'clear out' their display unit, they have to [sneakily?] resort to swapping out wty cards of available new units, hence declaring having ONE AND ONLY WARRANTIED UNIT -- See the One on Display?.

To bad for them, this post is going to stay up here for quite a while longer than perhaps they prefer. Tell you frankly, I gave up. On Them and whatever other fly-by-nights.

Fellow members, pls take heed. Thks

Hehe... well known shop... very 'famous' too. :)

stay far, far away from shops with such practices.

They have another outlet at PP as well. Right ops the Rolex shop I think.

thks guys..keep this thread "POSTED".

There are only a few shops i frequent ... in no order of preference

1) MS Color
2) Paris Slik Store at Holland
3) TCW
4) Cathay Photo at Peninsular
5) John 3:14

hahah ..
my friend work there ..
will tell him his shop got lousy service ..

simon80 said:
hahah ..
my friend work there ..

lousy is not the term to use, dishonest would be more accurate

should actually draw the shop's attention to this thread, then they can see what they've allegedly done :)

simon80 said:
hahah ..
my friend work there ..

simon80 said:
hahah ..
my friend work there ..

by any chance you know this lead actor "Jo*" here?...how about the "plump lady"?..perhaps can help shred some "light". haha :bsmilie:

thks for all 'encouraging' feedback!

agree that we should stay away from the shop..

but although they have bad practice, but they did not "cheat" you.. I mean the "scam" was done before you pay the money and you still have the choice on whether you buy or not..

I don't know, but I thought people are just trying to earn a living...

michaelt said:
by any chance you know this lead actor "Jo*" here?...how about the "plump lady"?..perhaps can help shred some "light". haha :bsmilie:

thks for all 'encouraging' feedback!

Dono who is the "Jo_" leh .. Is the plump lady quite stylo one (fashion kind , dye hair)

My friend is david .. I always find him if I gonna things from him. He give me better price compare to the rival ship (which is beside him)

so wat did u bought ?

sumball said:
They have another outlet at PP as well. Right ops the Rolex shop I think.

I think the PP one closed down liao.

By swapping warranty card, the serial number on the card will not match with the camera unit right? so how do they cover their tracks here??

So in summary, the actual display set was sold as new (ie. "from" the back room) together with the warranty card, while the actual new set was put on display w/o the warranty card, right?

jeffhiew said:
By swapping warranty card, the serial number on the card will not match with the camera unit right? so how do they cover their tracks here???

lolz ..
I dono leh .. y u quote my post

wo shi wu gu de :bsmilie:

That's the problem with society today, they forgot the principles of good business practice. :bsmilie:

Nvm, there are thousand and one shops left to shop........

This is the store next to AP in Funan. I had a similar experience with AP in SLS 2 years back. I noticed the salesman who pulled the stunt on me is now working at the Funan branch. Maybe you might see him going over to Bes.

Bluewater said:
agree that we should stay away from the shop..

but although they have bad practice, but they did not "cheat" you.. I mean the "scam" was done before you pay the money and you still have the choice on whether you buy or not..

As long as they tried, it's bad enough, you mean to say if they never succeed, it's ok? Wow.. very gracious of you.

Bluewater said:
Dishonesty to earn a living, ought to be shot in the head.

jeffhiew said:
By swapping warranty card, the serial number on the card will not match with the camera unit right? so how do they cover their tracks here??

So in summary, the actual display set was sold as new (ie. "from" the back room) together with the warranty card, while the actual new set was put on display w/o the warranty card, right?

I believe some cam brand do not indicate s/n on the card, just model no.

Status
Not open for further replies.