Between the Black and White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoned

May 7, 2004
Changi
www.photo.net
Today's shoot yielded a much better crop. Pace was more relaxed and I had more control over the make-up. Here are some preliminary shots for sharing. On the overall, I'm much happier with the results.

~Arcanic~

Feb 27, 2005
Westy
hmm, i'm not sure, but the 1st pic his right side might need a little more light, too dark imho... and i would suggest to go as far as to paint even his hands into black/white... :)

Stoned

May 7, 2004
Changi
www.photo.net
You mean the right of the shot or the model's right? I agree the with the hands part, but that was too logistically difficult for the make-up artist. She politely declined when i requested for that. Tell me more about the lighting?

Long Thai Bean

Dec 14, 2003
The 3rd Rock
beansproutpics.zenfolio.com
My nit-pick is the white makeup on #1, especially around the eye area ... anyway to smoothen the makeup on post-processing ? The "paint strokes" going around the eye was very glaring to me when i first look at the picture ....

Along the same lines as what Arcanic has mentioned, maybe the light on the model right should fall more on the front ... it is now almost at the side of the face ... You have lost the right eye (#1 and #3) with the dark make-up and lack of frontal lighting ... not sure if that was what you had wanted to achieve ...

Just my 2 cents .....

zhang3feng

Dec 27, 2005
SG
www.zhang3feng.com
try using matt body paints instead, coz i find the gloss effect having too much reflection... which in the end disturb the black & white effect..:think:

Stoned

May 7, 2004
Changi
www.photo.net
Long Thai Bean said:
My nit-pick is the white makeup on #1, especially around the eye area ... anyway to smoothen the makeup on post-processing ? The "paint strokes" going around the eye was very glaring to me when i first look at the picture ....

Along the same lines as what Arcanic has mentioned, maybe the light on the model right should fall more on the front ... it is now almost at the side of the face ... You have lost the right eye (#1 and #3) with the dark make-up and lack of frontal lighting ... not sure if that was what you had wanted to achieve ...

Just my 2 cents .....
I was trying to achieve correct exposure on the left and black out the right eye. I didn't want detail there and hence i didn't place a fill on the right or front of the model. I only placed a light at 11 o clock to highlight the form.

My PS isn't exactly very good so I'm not sure how to actually smoothen out the make-up.

zhangfeng--> I agree about the matte body paints, but those were more expensive and the school only gave us a budget of 100. We decided to go for more colours due to the varied nature of the themes. Point noted for future shoots. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.