Between D60 and D40x

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheaffey

Mar 21, 2009
East
hi bros i just wanna know in terms of lenses and systems which of these 2 is value for money...forgive me for this noob question..

Get a d40 instead of d40x or d60.The difference in d40 and d40x is megapixels.D60 only has the built in sensor cleaning which alot ppl say its not efective and other knicks and knacks.Get a d40 and buy good lenses like 35mm f1.8 or tamron 17-55.D40 user here

Dont think that there is anymore production of D40x unless you are considering 2nd hand market units.....

And yes, major difference between D60 vs D40 is megapixels and also sensor clean features.... I have a 10.2mp D40x and a 6.3mp D70. My only complaint of lower megapixel is limited cropping capability that I can do.

Never did try the sensor clean feature but I am fine living without it so far..... My D70 is at 19K shutter count and I sent it to NSC once in these pastg 5 years for general servicing and cleaning. My D40x is 15 months old and has not suffered from any major dust on sensor issue as well. About 10K shutter count at present.

LOL can you belive he is changing camp
I am starting a thread about him come join

D60 is better. there's more than the cleaning sensor.

I used to own a D40x and i must say its really a very nice camera, easy to use. However D60 has nicer colours, in my opinion i would say D60. If a 2nd hand probably a D40, its less in mega pixels but works just as fine:D

Status
Not open for further replies.