Between Animals and Humans - Animal Portraits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoned

May 7, 2004
Changi
www.photo.net
There exists a certain partnership in the Zoo. The animals are fed well, washed, scrubbed and groomed. If they fall sick they're taken care of and they can live out long lives without constantly looking out for predators. Looking the the animals pacing around their enclosures though, I can't help but detect a certain sadness emanating from them. Perhaps, it's more of a prison than we realise. Here are some shots for sharing though from my zoo visit.

The Zoo - A collection of animal portraits
ElephantBanana.jpg

Gazelle1.jpg

Llama.jpg

Mandrill.jpg

Monkey1.jpg

Here's one more I didn't add in. Glad you like the series :)
Whitetiger3.jpg

Sooo Cute!!! esp #10 make the tiger look like a harmless cat...The baboon shocked me abit,cause i just watch A sound of thunder...haha

Is a sound of thunder about baboons then? Argh I feel so out of touch with the world. :sweat:

Stoned said:
Is a sound of thunder about baboons then? Argh I feel so out of touch with the world. :sweat:
Its not about baboons,but the baboons evoleved with wings,so their really frightening..imagine a baboon that can fly...Oh,and they eat humans too..Its on DVD now..

the last picture of the white tiger really cuteee! very nice closeup series. the bats looks very good too =)

#4 is definitely right. On a second look, #5's colour is rather cool. Will adjust on the original.

It's quite fun man. Seriously go try, bet you can do a much better job than me. I can't wait to see the results!

What you have captured does show a sense of sadness from some of the pictures, and in others a sense of contentment and hint of mischief.

Good shots all across, Stoned. Finally I see someone with truly good animal portraits. Special invite - when you free to go urban animal shooting with me? After mid-terms? Or after your A's?
;)

great shots dude... i would love to be able to take shots like these. what kind of lens setup are you using? the close ups are almost as if standing within arm length distance from them....

Status
Not open for further replies.