better not to live too old...

d2xpeter

Deregistered
Dec 6, 2012
singapore
the future is bleak.....

Fullscreen+capture+9302013+90336+PM.jpg

Many countries are facing this problem. Too many old folks and too few youth to support them. Poor elderly folk with serious medical problems have no quality of life. They actually don't want to live that long.
The medical and elderly care costs cripple the country.

A bold country will eventually implement a solution.

You can approach a designated office to sign a form in the presence of a lawyer and a doctor. After that you have an appointment for an injection. The state will take care of all funeral/cremation/ash cubicle arrangements for those who have no immediate family to handle such matters.

Doctors may protest. It is very lucrative to treat end-of-life dread disease/illnesses. You are talking about their capacity to buy more bungalows and Rolls Royces. But of course they will say it is about the sanctity of human life.

Last edited:
Once upon a time, you are likely to die from sickness or serious injuries. More so when you are weak and old. With advanced medical, we virtually can replace anything and save life. Although the person survived, how about his well being?

So, in my humble opinion, when time to go, don't struggle. No point having a long life span but better to have a meaningful one. Unfortunately, we may not get to decide. It is painful to sit around waiting for that day knowing you actually has not much to look out for.

So while we are all still alive a kicking, shoot more and contribute to society.

Spoken as if you or any of us got a choice in this matter with Mother Nature... :think:

Last edited:
Once upon a time, you are likely to die from sickness or serious injuries. More so when you are weak and old. With advanced medical, we virtually can replace anything and save life. Although the person survived, how about his well being?

So, in my humble opinion, when time to go, don't struggle. No point having a long life span but better to have a meaningful one. Unfortunately, we may not get to decide. It is painful to sit around waiting for that day knowing you actually has not much to look out for.

So while we are all still alive a kicking, shoot more and contribute to society.

Lao Zi said that? :bsmilie:

Quote from Dr. David Tan:

You're what you EAT: eat vegetarian, avoid milk, luncheon meat
You're what you MOVE: exercise regularly
You're what you SAY: say positive word
You're what you THINK: think positive
You're what you BELIEVE: believe you can do, hv faith
You're what you DO: do good thing

Hopefully you can live older and healthier :)

then better spend more time in the Newbies Section helping newcomers than here in KPT :)

then better spend more time in the Newbies Section helping newcomers than here in KPT :)

You want same quality of answer there ? :bsmilie:

You want same quality of answer there ? :bsmilie:

..... suck fresh blood there from newbies .......... :devil: ........:bsmilie:

Silenus told Midas: humans are happiest if they are never born, and if they are born, happiest it they die young.

at least issues like these are recognized and addressed ..... only a handful of countries outside of europe (not even the US) has successfully implemented policies and plans to look after their elderly

easier said than done ........ talk is cheap ......

Super LIKE! *:thumbsup::cheers:

cant help but wonder y newbie corner isnt as active as KPT...

the important thing is how we go if we go the easy way like in a POP [heart attack] or in a long illness, bed ridden or wheel chair or just cannot see clearly or hear well.

In Singapore, it is better to die than get sick.
I queued 2 hours at polyclinic for a swollen finger, saw the doc for only 2 minutes who said my wound is healing properly.
I didn't want to go but my bro scared me that the swell might affect blood flow so I went. Waste time!
That brief consultation cost $39! Lucky with subsidy, only $10.90 but still!
Lucky I didn't take up the doc's suggestion to bandage my finger, otherwise how much will the bill rake up?

In Singapore, it is better to die than get sick.
I queued 2 hours at polyclinic for a swollen finger, saw the doc for only 2 minutes who said my wound is healing properly.
I didn't want to go but my bro scared me that the swell might affect blood flow so I went. Waste time!
That brief consultation cost $39! Lucky with subsidy, only $10.90 but still!
Lucky I didn't take up the doc's suggestion to bandage my finger, otherwise how much will the bill rake up?
What consultation do you expect for 10 bucks? or even 39? How many minutes could you afford from your own hourly rate of somebody will only pay you 10 bucks, or 39?
If you want cute nurses calming you down and a doc spending half an hour chit-chat with you .. you have to top up a bt more.
If you can't afford, then don't get scared by your brother. Learn a thing or two about wounds and swellings, it might help you faster then 2h in the queue.

Last edited:
What consultation do you expect for 10 bucks? or even 39? How many minutes could you afford from your own hourly rate of somebody will only pay you 10 bucks, or 39?
If you want cute nurses calming you down and a doc spending half an hour chit-chat with you .. you have to top up a bt more.
If you can't afford, then don't get scared by your brother. Learn a thing or two about wounds and swellings, it might help you faster then 2h in the queue.

I did do my research. My swell did not go after nearly a week after it happened, which prompted me to seek help instead of sitting around waiting for it to subside.
I can afford the bill but I don't expect to pay that much at a polyclinic.

I did do my research. My swell did not go after nearly a week after it happened, which prompted me to seek help instead of sitting around waiting for it to subside.

FYI, a Private Practitioner charges more.

you do get subsidized and of course, do you think your measly $10.90 x the maybe 800 (=$264000) patients a day covers the pay, overheads, charges and everything else the polyclinic might need to pay for in a month? don't forget that besides the doctors, nurses, admin, cleaners, security, pharmacists, clinical assistants etc, there are lots of costs that you are not bearing.

so do you think that you're paying a lot? or are you just whining for the sake of whining

That much?? Sorry, where do you live? Such peanuts are actually ridiculous and the resulting 3 minutes are just an expression of this low-balling.
Would you accept $10 for a few minutes work that required you to study several years before even getting the job?
Of course, the other model would be to have every visit FOC - if you are willing you pay 15% GST or 15% straight from your salary, regardless whether you need to see a doc or not.