Better Camera Or Lenses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Musicx

Mar 4, 2012
Hi,
I would like to know if i get a L lens with the money i have or upgrade to a better camera?
currently using 1100D.

Yours sincerely,
Nicholas

From your statement, upgrade your skill first. An L lens will not improve your images. Nor will a better body.

Just look at your statement. No problem description, we have no idea what your problem is, why you think you need to buy anything, etc. You're the perfect customer for any salesman.

Last edited:
Musicx said:
Hi,
I would like to know if i get a L lens with the money i have or upgrade to a better camera?
currently using 1100D.

Yours sincerely,
Nicholas

I love this kind of customer...

Hi,
currently using 1100D.

Yours sincerely,
Nicholas

upgrade both. get a 5D mark 3 and 24 - 702 mark 2.

after that u can shoot weddings already.

eleveninth said:
upgrade both. get a 5D mark 3 and 24 - 702 mark 2.

after that u can shoot weddings already.

*snicker*

So the reply to TS is.
Just do whatever u want. Because we can't help if u don't help yourself. Buy both. Buy all. Good luck.

Gotta get them all!

Hi,
currently using 1100D.

Yours sincerely,
Nicholas
young man,

after so many months you still don't quite get it?

if you have the dough, you can own a 5D MKIII and couple of L lenses by tomorrow. but your photos will still be the same, because you are still the same person, seeing things the same way, thinking the same way, doing things the same way, shooting the same way.

camera/lenses is just a tool,

a skilful craftsman using a right tool will produce works of art.

the same tool in another person's hands which he has not much experiences will not produce the same results, even with a better tool.

So, spend the time and money upgrade your skills, with the same gears in your hands, that is the way you will see truth progress.

Musicx said:
Hi,
currently using 1100D.

Yours sincerely,
Nicholas

You can try a used 24-105L or 17-40L depends on your focus length needs (x1.6) which is fairly cheap. Alternatively, efs 17-55 f2.8 or efs 10-20 is your best bet.

1100D or 7D will not have any "upgrade" unless you know what you want/need.

Free upgrade = upgrade Skill ... Try different shooting angle and prospective etc ..

A long time ago

I thought the same way

Then a wise man told me

"You take crap photos"

"With sharper lens, and better body"

"I can just see your crap photos clearer. They're still crap"

Hi,
currently using 1100D.

Yours sincerely,
Nicholas

Get the L lenses. Their models don't change as often as camera bodies.
With the right choice of lens, you may get better pictures.

E.g. you're on a bridge and want to take a frame of the scenery. You realized that the lens you have at 28mm is not wide enough.
A 24mm lens is required. If you don't have it, means you can't. You may have the skills, but without the proper tools, your really can't.

kklee said:
Get the L lenses. Their models don't change as often as camera bodies.
With the right choice of lens, you may get better pictures.

E.g. you're on a bridge and want to take a frame of the scenery. You realized that the lens you have at 28mm is not wide enough.
A 24mm lens is required. If you don't have it, means you can't. You may have the skills, but without the proper tools, your really can't.

24mm does not mean L. His kit lens starts at 18mm after all.

24mm does not mean L. His kit lens starts at 18mm after all.

Never implied 24mm is L and neither would I know what lens the TS is using. The example is crafted to be read on its own.

Never implied 24mm is L and neither would I know what lens the TS is using. The example is crafted to be read on its own.

Yes, but to tell him to get an L lens when, based on his skill level, it would be a total waste of money, is just folly. :)

Without skill:

Good lenses give you sharp lousy photos.

Good cameras give you huge low noise lousy photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.