Best way to find studio for long term rental

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattlock

Feb 28, 2004
www.superhyperreal.com
I'm in the market for a space to use as a live-in studio, was wondering how other people found their studios (property agent?online?newspapers? please elaborate), and perhaps give some suggestions for a live-in and work studio.
I'm trying to keep the budget at about 2k a month but I think that may not be possible nowadays...

Shophouses are of course on the radar, I wonder what else?

I'm looking at finding a place in the east

any advice will be helpful!thanks

Many have gone into industrial estates and/or flatted factories ...
You may want to explore that avenue ....

East side .... I guess you could be looking into Paya Lebar, Eunos or Ubi area ....
Not sure if there is anything at Bedok or Tampines area also .....

I don't think the landlords would allow living in those industrial buildings... how big of a space (including whether a high ceiling is required) is required?... my former workplace was a live-in studio in the neareast... but that place quite ex and the landlord :rolleyes:...

For a size comfortable for a studio + home, you'd require an average of 1000 sq ft. For your budget of S$2000, that makes it S$2psf. That is impossible to get a shophouse in today's market. Like what the others mentioned, flatted factory like those JTC are probably a cheaper choice.

May be difficult to get shop house but maybe 1 floor possible, know of a few studio including ours. maybe can get HDB premises.

I got a quote on prices ranging from $2.50 to $3 psf
800-100 sq ft is probably the range I'm looking at.
It would be preferably to be somewhere convenient and with a community of people around...so industrial estates are out of the question.
Siglap/Joo Chiat is an option I guess, I've been looking at the newspapers for agents

Yes 1 floor is probably an option
hello kenele long time no see!!!!

You might want to consider Perumal area which caters to alot of people in the Arts scene. My friends used to rent the space, the entire level 2 for about $1k a month. Not sure about now tho.

Rental now is just sky high, maybe wait a little longer for market to crash, then get a 2 year lease :D

Good luck in your search!

Status
Not open for further replies.