Best way to align eyes in Everyday Photo Project

Ninjayeti

Mar 5, 2014
Bukit Panjang
Hello all,

I've started one of those personal everyday photo projects for my baby daughter since she was born. She's almost a year now and have taken a face shot almost everyday.

Now I want to compile it for her birthday coming next month.

I want to know if anyone knows of the best way to align the eyes and facial features in each of the photos when I compile it as an animation. Each photo has a different background.

Is there a software or a Photoshop plug-in available?

I know I can do it the manual way in Photoshop, but it's gonna be a very long process, so I was wondering whether there's a more automated solution.

I've tried the Auto-align feature in Photoshop, but doesn't work as each photo has a different background.

Please help!

Thanks in advance.

Seriously not a single person knows or have any ideas at all?!?!?! i find that really hard to believe.

Anyone?? :)

Seriously not a single person knows or have any ideas at all?!?!?! i find that really hard to believe.

Anyone?? :)

Maybe because the answer to your question...

Is there a software or a Photoshop plug-in available?

... is "No", and nobody has the heart to tell you? ;p

If you google 'everyday photo project align images', it seems like almost everyone ends up doing it manually, only those with the programming/coding skills have created custom software for their own projects. I think as far as commercially available solutions/plugins, it doesn't look like any exist yet.

http://photo.stackexchange.com/questions/49581/easiest-way-to-auto-align-a-stack-of-images

The faces were aligned by manually clicking 14,400 times on the images, then registering the eyes across neighboring images using custom software.

http://www.elloradaily.info/

------

Edit: I just discovered this article from 2011, it mentions a feature available in Picasa, you can check it out.

Researchers at the University of Washington have created a way to take hundreds or thousands of digital portraits and in seconds create an animation of the person's face.

The tool can make a face appear to age over time, or choose images from the same period to make the person's expression gradually change from a smile to a frown.

The researchers were inspired, in part, by people who snap a photo of themselves each day and then align them to create a movie where they appear to age onscreen. They sought an automated way to get the same effect.

One version of the tool is already available to the public. Last year during a six-month internship at Google's Seattle office, co-author Rahul Garg, a UW doctoral student in computer science and engineering, worked with Kemelmacher-Shlizerman and Seitz to add a feature called Face Movie to the company's photo tool, Picasa.

The Face Movie version includes some simplifications to make it run more quickly. It also plays every photo tagged with the person's name, but not necessarily in chronological order.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/08/110802162336.htm

Hi Kandinsky,

Thank you so much for your reply. You have been a wonderful help.

Yes, prior to posting this thread, I had already done a Google search, came across some other articles, but most were scripts and doing it manually, but did not come with Face Movie, which I love!

Will try it and if it doesn't work, will have to resort to the good ol' manual Photoshop layering and transform.

Cheers again.

If anyone else has any input, it's very much appreciated. :)