Best Ultrazoom prosumer cam?

Status
Not open for further replies.

asturias105

Dec 18, 2004
photobloglww.orgfree.com
Hi, anyone here has any recommendations for ultrazoom cam(not dslr)? eg. canon S1, fz20, ...

What are the pros and cons of a huge zoom camera?

I'm using a Canon S1... good ultra zoom

hi ,

u might consider Fuji S5000 (3.1 mp) with 10x optical , Panasonic FZ10 (4mp) , FZ20 (5mp) 12 x optical.

I used a S5000 b4.

regards

I will like to recommend Konica-Minolta's Z3 or the upcoming Z5.
12x zoom, anti-shake, 4mp and 5mp respectively and very fast focusing time.
Price is mid-range too.

asturias105 said:
Hi, anyone here has any recommendations for ultrazoom cam(not dslr)? eg. canon S1, fz20, ...

What are the pros and cons of a huge zoom camera?

Nikon's Coolpix 8800?
35-350mm with VR, and can mount a Speedlite.
and it has a Vertical Grip option too.

Canon S1. Could have brought that if not for my tight wallet.

Prismatic said:
I will like to recommend Konica-Minolta's Z3 or the upcoming Z5.
12x zoom, anti-shake, 4mp and 5mp respectively and very fast focusing time.
Price is mid-range too.
Z3 or Z5..........:thumbup:

Anyone can post any pics taken at maximum zoom of the above cameras? just wanna see the quality of the images. thank u so much! ;p

asturias105 said:
Anyone can post any pics taken at maximum zoom of the above cameras? just wanna see the quality of the images. thank u so much! ;p

I would like to see any pics taken at max aperture at max zoon of the above cameras? Just wanna see the quality of it. ;)

XXX Boy said:
Pics okie to me le! You too picky izzit??? :bigeyes:

ok...lol....i wanted to AF on his face..... anyway....its a fantastic outdoor camera... w/o the 10x (380mm) my friend will look like an ant...lol.... i think the panasonic fz10/20 r as good... can consider buying one for holidays trip...lol

edit: but my vote still goes out to canon S1 due to its compactness and the 640x480 movie mode(fantastic quality) record ourself when boarding the plane....reverse the lcd screen can see ourself ...
pana fz10/20 too big.... might as well bring SLR....

actually wat frew me to get an S1 rather than the FZ20 was the swivel LCD.
I wanted a fun camera that i can relax & shoot for fun.

the swivel LCD makes it so fun, as u can shoot at strange angles & yet see the image.

but i do not deny that the FZ20 is a great camera & takes great pictures.
if Panasonic has a swivel LCD on the FZ20, i would have gone for it str8 away

hmm... so, quality-wise, apart from the swivel screen, am i right to say that Fz20 (or even fz10) is better than s1?? :dunno:

asturias105 said:
hmm... so, quality-wise, apart from the swivel screen, am i right to say that Fz20 (or even fz10) is better than s1?? :dunno:

S1 is more compact compared to fz10/20

asturias105 said:
What is "Better" to you? in term of size, quality, features? This topic is very subjective. I can say that both cameras are good and have its own advantages.

Try to read up the camera reviews at
http://www.dpreview.com/
http://www.steves-digicams.com/
http://www.imaging-resource.com/

and you also can download the samples to check quality.

Of course if you ask me which one will choose, I will choose S1. Why? Becoz' it's Canon. I owned a Powershot Pro 90IS before. See my shots at
Sample 1
Sample 2
Sample 3
Sample 4

Status
Not open for further replies.