Best tapes to use for sticking photos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isaiahfortythirtyone

Jul 17, 2005
Clementi
ive been using Herma tapes. but it's very ex. $10 for 500 pieces. assuming that i stick 4 pieces per photo, i can only stick 125 photos.

interested to know what are the best tapes to use, where i can get them from and how much.

thanks guys

Isaiahfortythirtyone said:
ive been using Herma tapes. but it's very ex. $10 for 500 pieces. assuming that i stick 4 pieces per photo, i can only stick 125 photos.

interested to know what are the best tapes to use, where i can get them from and how much.

thanks guys
Actually you dont have to stick 4's per photo. If you use 2's per photo then the qty increases to 250 photos .... :think: Paste diagonally.

So far it works for me!

i believe they r going at $9 at Prints' outlet.
n to start with, that's an expansive shop.
wonder wherelese i can get this?

any help?

jude

I bought HENZO brand from fotoHub. 1000pcs for $9.90.

jeffreyk said:
I bought HENZO brand from fotoHub. 1000pcs for $9.90.

used it b4 w/o satisfaction.
not as sticky as herma's,
also get worse with time.
just my opinion, how's ur take on this jeffrey?
though i love the price.

jude

spray?where to get from and how much? i heard theres some 3m magic tape or sth?

i remember buying the herma tape from Prints before at $2.50 per box! :bigeyes: maybe there was a pricing error then.

I use 3M double sided tape. It is labelled as photo safe. It has a yellow packaging and can be easily found in most bookstore. Cheap and good :)

Seriously, what's wrong with normal double-sided tape? My entire 2 printed portfolios are mounted using 1.50 tape. I really don't see how the photo-safe thing works but im not actually sticking it on the printed surface am I? So far, no issues.

Stoned said:
Seriously, what's wrong with normal double-sided tape? My entire 2 printed portfolios are mounted using 1.50 tape. I really don't see how the photo-safe thing works but im not actually sticking it on the printed surface am I? So far, no issues.

If it ain't acid free, you'll start to see ugly patches forming on the contact area. The paper is porous and acid will eat into your photo emulsion, which will happen over a period of time.

Hmmm.. interesting. Guess I'll just leave it first and see how it turns out. How long does this take btw?

is solvent free the same as acid free?

Stoned said:
Hmmm.. interesting. Guess I'll just leave it first and see how it turns out. How long does this take btw?

I guess 1-2 years :sweat:

Where can i get the 3M spray? And is it very troublesome? easy to get dirty when doing the job?

yeah interested to find the spray too. also, where else sells herma tapes besides prints? prints is a shop where u pay thru ur nose

Stoned said:
More or less time to change the portfolio then. Thanks for the info.

So how about those albums that you give your clients?

Stoned said:
More or less time to change the portfolio then. Thanks for the info.

It's a question of how flat you can get your prints to be. I know of folks that uses 15 photo stickers just to stick 1 piece of 8R fibre-based paper in order to get it flat.

Some of my prints in my portfolio's been with me for 4 years now and some of these were painstakingly hand printed in a darkroom. Also, another of my portfolio's printed on metallic paper that costed me $12 each :sweat:

OT: B&W pic are more timeless than colour, hehe.

behyx said:
So how about those albums that you give your clients?

So far I've only been doing CD. Thank goodness I found out from you guys, will use the better tapes for work in future. Probably for future portfolio use as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.