Best shutter speed under Fluorescent ambient?

Status
Not open for further replies.

catohcat

Oct 23, 2006
Clementi
In Singapore the electric is 50Hz. Does it mean that if I shoot at shutter speed 1/50, I'll get the green color cast of the Fluorescent light? So if I want to eliminate this, which shutter speed is the best, 1/100 or 1/125 or...?

I read an article on strobist.blogspot.com saying that one should use a green gel on his flash to balance the flash light with the Fluorescent light. Does any bro here practice this?

flipfreak

Nov 26, 2007
Singapore
www.rogerchua.com
as long as u shoot under flourescent, u will end up with a green cast if ur awb doesn't handle it well. most of the time, still need to tweak it in pp or in camera.

if u shoot at high shutter speeds, sure no cast cos too fast for the ambient light to begin with. hahaha. and u might get the flickering of the lights.

green gel on flash is to balance the light on the subject with the ambient light wb.

catohcat

Oct 23, 2006
Clementi
A search reveals this:

Photography with Continuous Fluorescent Lights
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=380901
Thanks for the link. I read that article before this post. However I'm not shooting using a CFL system but I hope to get advice from the senior here about the problem of shooting under a Fluorescent environment with the Flash on.

Daedalus Trent

Apr 15, 2008
Singapore, east-ish
I read an article on strobist.blogspot.com saying that one should use a green gel on his flash to balance the flash light with the Fluorescent light. Does any bro here practice this?
Yea, used to! Till i lost my gels :cry:

It helps a lot imho :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom