Best Service Centre - Lenovo

Status
Not open for further replies.

smallaperture

Jan 5, 2004
Catchment Area
So far, I have been seeing folks complain about poor service in camera shops, bad service at the service centres for photo gear, etc.

But, I would like to praise the Service Centre for Lenovo - I brought my colleague there for a keyboard problem of the notebook. We arrived after lunch. There were just 3 people in front of us in the queue. 3 staff to man the counter.

When our turn came, they took the notebook in, and we waited for like 15 to 20min and it's done. It was done like in a jiffy. Simply wonderful.

Elsewhere - you incur one trip there and another trip to collect. Total travelling time 4hr plus 1/2hr waiting time plus parking charges......

I think it's depend on what problem you face on the notebook. Easy one probably they can provide such good & commendable service. But difficult one will likely face the same.

Sony do allow their Sony stores to help arrange delivery to their service centre for service and return to the same store, so you don't need to travel far, and they open on weekend too. Which is commendable also.

Definitely problem dependent.
I had to bring a Lenovo IdeaPad for the company down to the service centre for at least 4 times before they could resolve the problem. ;(

The laptop screen would flicker when it gets hot after hours of operation. All 3 earlier times they returned the laptop with remarks showing that the system board was changed but I believed they did nothing as the problem was not encountered. Only the 4th time they had the laptop left on over several hours where they finally see the screen problem.

Btw, it's free parking :bsmilie:

Anyway, my experience with them was neither wonderful nor harrowing. My Thinkpad's screen was going bonkers, with flickering lines of pixels everywhere. Brought the laptop down and they took it in within 30 minutes since the place was empty. Tech called me 4 days later to inform of the completion of the repairs, and I got my laptop back.

Last edited:
It depends on the problem...

Sometimes, I also have my laptop serviced in less than 24 hrs. There's was once my laptop's fan and RAM spoilt.
I sent it into HP service centre, they change it in a short while (1.5 hrs), if I remembered correctly.

I went for lunch and they called me. :D

I think such services also depends on the amount of things they need to service. ;)

If you want to have a happy trip to service centre, go down during off peak.

Definitely problem dependent.
I had to bring a Lenovo IdeaPad for the company down to the service centre for at least 4 times before they could resolve the problem. ;(

The laptop screen would flicker when it gets hot after hours of operation. All 3 earlier times they returned the laptop with remarks showing that the system board was changed but I believed they did nothing as the problem was not encountered. Only the 4th time they had the laptop left on over several hours where they finally see the screen problem.

well maybe they did change the mainboard but that wasn't the cause of the problem right?

Status
Not open for further replies.