Best prices for K5ii / K5iis / K30 - help

Thanks for feedback from everyone that posted. As it turns out a family visitor from Tokyo is bringing me a K5ii body over.... 900sgd. Very happy with that!

wave251 said:
Thanks for feedback from everyone that posted. As it turns out a family visitor from Tokyo is bringing me a K5ii body over.... 900sgd. Very happy with that!

Better! I think they should just close down all camera shops in S'pore. :)

wave251 said:

Hmm... Is that the normal pricing in Tokyo? If so, I'll ask my friend to help me purchase also... :D

ageha said:
Better! I think they should just close down all camera shops in S'pore. :)

Is the set from Japan only has Japan local warranty ?

K5ii (not K5iis). The pricing was a special deal and undercuts what you will find on kakaku but even the prices on there are now less than 1k sgd for k5ii body. Still unclear what the best price is in Singapore but I've seen 1399sgd at the start of the thread. Maybe a bit lower now?

You can convert Japan warranty to international warranty (need to sort out with the shop and they will give you new paperwork).

If you regularly visit or have other means of getting someone to bring to you then I think it's worth the saving.

thanks for your info.

K5ii (not K5iis). The pricing was a special deal and undercuts what you will find on kakaku but even the prices on there are now less than 1k sgd for k5ii body. Still unclear what the best price is in Singapore but I've seen 1399sgd at the start of the thread. Maybe a bit lower now?

You can convert Japan warranty to international warranty (need to sort out with the shop and they will give you new paperwork).

If you regularly visit or have other means of getting someone to bring to you then I think it's worth the saving.

wave251 said:

Bro, in the context of buying from Japan, what about emailing to Pentax USA and convert it to international warranty? Will that do?

Bro, in the context of buying from Japan, what about emailing to Pentax USA and convert it to international warranty? Will that do?

AFAIK the local Pentax agent doesn't honor the international warranty. You have to send it to some countries where the IW is recognized even if your cam/lens have official IW cards.

AFAIK the local Pentax agent doesn't honor the international warranty. You have to send it to some countries where the IW is recognized even if your cam/lens have official IW cards.

Yeah . Read from their facebook

The nearest one is at KL. If don't mind just go there send the camera to the service center after that go relax, shop and eat then come back...:bsmilie:

If its like $1K-$1.1K for IIs.
I don't even care for warranty. :)

First 6 month warranty is with CASE... Lemon Law la.. Just report and get an exchange set. ;)