Best place to buy a K20D in Singapore

Status
Not open for further replies.

norviking

Nov 28, 2008
Anyone know of a good place to buy Pentax K20D in Singapore?

Cathay Photo at Peninsula or Marina Square
Orient Photo at Sim Lim Square
Someone at this forum mentioned MS Color at Ang Mo Kio

Not forgeting Alan Photo at Sim Lim Square and Funan too.
Some people have complaints about their service though although min has been good. You just need to know who to look for.

I think OP has the cheapest price buy grey sets whereas the others are all with local agent warranty.

Also, if you are patient, call Shrio and ask them where their road shows are. If there is one on (usually at a Best Denki outlet) , you can get a bundle deal for a good price too. I heard of a deal at around $1200 with full kit lens, an additional zoom lens plus some gree gifts.

Not forgeting Alan Photo at Sim Lim Square and Funan too.
Some people have complaints about their service though although min has been good. You just need to know who to look for.

I think OP has the cheapest price buy grey sets whereas the others are all with local agent warranty.

Also, if you are patient, call Shrio and ask them where their road shows are. If there is one on (usually at a Best Denki outlet) , you can get a bundle deal for a good price too. I heard of a deal at around $1200 with full kit lens, an additional zoom lens plus some gree gifts.

You mean the K200D?

A K20D for that price, I'll give up my resolution to wait-till-K30D-comes-out-and-buy-2nd-hand-K20D liao.

You mean the K200D?

A K20D for that price, I'll give up my resolution to wait-till-K30D-comes-out-and-buy-2nd-hand-K20D liao.

This is the latest promotion from Shriro. http://www.shriro.com.sg/promo_01(ELEC).htm.
BEST have never had the K20, they only had the K200. Not sure if I will go for the K200. Any thoughts? I am new to DSLR, own a Z20 and a Optio compact.

This is the latest promotion from Shriro. http://www.shriro.com.sg/promo_01(ELEC).htm.
BEST have never had the K20, they only had the K200. Not sure if I will go for the K200. Any thoughts? I am new to DSLR, own a Z20 and a Optio compact.

Hi, I saw in the link, Best have promotion for K20D set, is it worth to get this package ?

Best place to buy K20D in SG is from a computer. Get online and buy it from oversea, that's the best price you can get. Our local price is still pretty high, actually the price hasn't changed at all even after Pentax announced the price cut on K20D to $999USD. You can buy it from oversea, even count in shipping cost and import tax, it's probably still several hundred dollars lower than buying it from local shops.

Best place to buy K20D in SG is from a computer. Get online and buy it from oversea, that's the best price you can get. Our local price is still pretty high, actually the price hasn't changed at all even after Pentax announced the price cut on K20D to $999USD. You can buy it from oversea, even count in shipping cost and import tax, it's probably still several hundred dollars lower than buying it from local shops.

yes, i second fengwei's suggestion

looks pretty good. please buy from us though, don't buy from uk :sticktong:sticktong

If you buy it here at amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Pentax-14-6MP...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1228105599&sr=8-1

It's $742USD, vpost cost shoudn't be more than 50USD, plus 7% import tax, total of $850USD, that's about $1295SGD total. If you have some one in US who can help you out (so to save on vpost shipping cost and probably avoid import tax), you'd get it even cheaper.

If you buy it here at amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Pentax-14-6MP...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1228105599&sr=8-1

It's $742USD, vpost cost shoudn't be more than 50USD, plus 7% import tax, total of $850USD, that's about $1295SGD total. If you have some one in US who can help you out (so to save on vpost shipping cost and probably avoid import tax), you'd get it even cheaper.

Oh wow.

That's $1k less than Best promotion.. definitely less than best then :p

How come we're so price uncompetitive via official channels?

What about other shops? Any better price?

Last I heard, MS was selling K20D body only for $1770

Thanks man.

Still $400 more than Amazon though.. plus the usual overseas shipping, waiting, delivery hassle I guess. But seems to be worth all these for $400 savings..

Anyone can advise on how the warranty will work if we order from the States?
I don't think Shirro will honour the warranty right?

if buy pentax from amazon, the package will not have some freebie like memory card , bag ... I didn't see any info about these freebie and warranty when purchase from amazon ? anyone bough a pentax from amazon before ? i want to buy K20D from amazon since the price pretty cheap compare to singapore.

Thanks man.

Still $400 more than Amazon though.. plus the usual overseas shipping, waiting, delivery hassle I guess. But seems to be worth all these for $400 savings..

Received a mail from pentax. There is a Special Holiday Three-Year Warranty Promotion. Purchase the K20D from an authorized Pentax dealer in the US between Oct 08 - Dec 08 and get free extended three-year warranty (1 year standard plus 2 year extended warranty). Offer expires 12/31/08.

Received a mail from pentax. There is a Special Holiday Three-Year Warranty Promotion. Purchase the K20D from an authorized Pentax dealer in the US between Oct 08 - Dec 08 and get free extended three-year warranty (1 year standard plus 2 year extended warranty). Offer expires 12/31/08.

Whoaz thats cool man... Somemore US pricing is so cheap now as compared to SG...
But need to check whether is it valid for those that request for International warranty..

perhaps someone want to start a mo for a k20d?

try south korea holiday about 850-900+ for K20D body now since their money value drop about half...:bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.