Best place in Malaysia you have been to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

davee78

Mar 23, 2008
Which is the most satisfactory place that you had been in Malaysia, in terms of taking pictures? :think:

Am planning a trip for 4 to 5 days (intend to take a short break, not solely for the purpose taking pictures of course, but for holiday as well, intend to drive up all the way). Any good recommendations?? attaching a photo of your Malaysia experience would be kind:sweatsm: as a picture tells a thousand words

Heard Terengganu is a nice place (any good experience to share??:dunno:)

Thanks!

For sunrise, try Kuantan

large.jpg

Hey, thanks.:D

confirm it will be a terengganu trip: kuantan, cherating.

for a wet day...
try drop by Taiping..
Taiping Lake Garden always look nice on photo..yup. the rain tree

For a one night stay R&R. Colmar Tropicale, Bukit Tinggi.

DSC_4724-1800.jpg

DSC_4729-1800.jpg

P.Redang.. My all time fav... Been there twice and never disappointed.

2485620706_6b2783862e.jpg

2485431246_9dd4427462.jpg

Genting Highlands. In office now so can't post picture, but the cool air there is really a good break from the hot and humid weather of SG. Shooting is a challenge though because you can't fire flash outdoor. There will be alot of light reflected off water particles (Clouds).

Have you try Lake Kenyir? Its in terengganu. :thumbsup:

There are bounteous places for great photography opportunities in Msia.

Johore- Not much. Maybe the kelongs and kampongs in Pendas?

Malacca- Very historical place. Therefore, a lot of great sightseeings. I went back 2 weeks back, they revamped the city area. There's beautiful light outlinings on the buildings. Very good sunrise view and bird flights hehe. The Malacca River is awesome for long exposure shots. :thumbsup:

Kuala Lumpur- The country's capital should always be a must-go. You get to capture the beautiful lights of the PetronasTwin Tower and the KL Tower. Theres still remnants of squatters settlements to shoot. Street photography is awesome here due to the influx of tourists.

Putrajaya- I find this to be the most soothing, beautiful architectural newtown in Malaysia. You will feel outta Malaysia with the serenity of this place. The Wawasan Bridge, The Putrajaya Mosque, the Parliaments Offices are all stunning! If you are in KL, do a short detour to this place ok?

Redang Island alongside other sister islands Perhentian and Kapas- my dream vacation spot. white unspilt beaches, stunning sights of seascapes, snorkelling! romantic feel, island living. :) Recommended.

Port Dickson & Desaru- Collectively, a great getaway, good beach view, natural shots! :D

Penang- Penang Beach, P Ramlee's house. The Singapore-like colonial vintage housing settlements. Plus, great food! :D

Sarawak- Miri, I heard is a fantastic place for shooting nature photography. Great sunrise/sunset location too. In addition, you get to explore the wilderness and capture the lifes of the Orang Asli .

Langkawi & Terengganu - Always wanted to go here. Heard that its generally beautiful.

So since I recommended, can you pack me in your suitcase please? I need a holiday so bad.
LOL ive never been to 3/4 of the recommended places. But its from what i gather thru recommendations and photos. Good luck!

Last edited:
Hey, thanks.:D

confirm it will be a terengganu trip: kuantan, cherating.

how's cherating nowadays?
long long time never go.

last time was...2000~ and the water quality was deteriorating.
better now?

it's a nice place for sure.

Perhentian is my favourite. peaceful and beautiful

IMG_4372.jpg

Been there once and would love to return again

Trenggannu, Perhentain, Redang are wonderful places to go

to me, cameron highlands is good. though the ride up is super boring. but I think its well worth it. ;)

I love Cameron Highlands. The new road leading to Ipoh has very nice scenery on a clear day. Far away bluish mountains partially hidden in clouds. Kuantan and some parts of the east coast highway between Mersing and Kuantan looks quite nice too.

Which is the most satisfactory place that you had been in Malaysia, in terms of taking pictures? :think:

Am planning a trip for 4 to 5 days (intend to take a short break, not solely for the purpose taking pictures of course, but for holiday as well, intend to drive up all the way). Any good recommendations?? attaching a photo of your Malaysia experience would be kind:sweatsm: as a picture tells a thousand words

Heard Terengganu is a nice place (any good experience to share??:dunno:)

Thanks!

For Terengganu, it's best you can go to an island called Pulau Perhentian. Waters are clear and although it's a resort island, few have gone there as it's a bit of a boat ride. I do not have any photo of this island but i can tell you is bring your camera and you will not regret it as i did. Since you are driving, tripod shouldn't be a big hassle then.

If you are not up to the boat ride(2 hours), try Pulau Redang is also another good place.

Tips....check the whether before going to east coastal areas as moonsoon season is just around the corner. It use to rain during November to March but because of the global warming, it rains much earlier nowadays.

If you dont mind 9 hour drive(!!) North, how about Lake Tekip? it's quite a beautiful place according to people but i've not been there due to the long journey time required

wow.....I think there' re treasures aplenty just across the causeway:bigeyes::bigeyes::bigeyes:

even with 18 days annual leave, also not enuff.....:sweat:

I wan to embark on this epic journey...part by part :) Slowly but surely, I can complete the above..hahaha

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.