Best Place for Sunrise/Sunset?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pizzoffer

Feb 16, 2004
Singapore
Any recommendations for great places (Singapore of course) ? Anybody has pictures that I can view? Thanks. :bsmilie:

pizzoffer said:
Any recommendations for great places (Singapore of course) ? Anybody has pictures that I can view? Thanks. :bsmilie:

Sunrise you can try changi village or the second jetty along east coast.
Sunset, you can try raffles marina.

coke21 said:
Sunrise you can try changi village or the second jetty along east coast.
Sunset, you can try raffles marina.

You are absolutely correct. Changi -> east sunrise and Raffles Marina -> West sunset but Raffles Marina unlike last time do not allow people to take photo anymore :bheart: last time can find ah pek fishing there too. Even the coastline along the Tuas has tall fence everywhere, damn ugly. :eek:

Well....

There are actually many.,........you can shhot from ...high rise.......flats....from the beach ....jetty......harbour....merlion etc...
it all depends on your desired composition.

Sunrise sunsets images......have great impact usually by some of these factors...
- Silhoutte of subjects...buildings...landscape features.....etc.
- Time of shot....whre every second gives different colors.
- Type of clouds around.....will help boost details patterns into your shot.
- Haze or pollutants...and/or filters....which will attenuate the sun glare and give you solid circular sun.......

I have a shot with the sun casting a silhoutte of a bird on an TV aerial..
The bird sihoutte is right in the sun's circle......

I have spotted one place ...but yet to go there in the morning...to catch sunrise right inbetween two HDB flats........its in hougang/Seng Kang....

Well......hope to go there soon ...as the sunrise and sunset location changes ...thought the Winter and summer Solstice...

Haha.....from my corridor....i can see the sunrise....and sunset......BUT...due to some new BUILDINGS.......my horizon has grown alittle higher.....so that means that the sun is at a high level......less chance to catch the rounded sun shots.....

rgds,
sulhan

Or you can try Sentosa :)

6b3c5349.jpg

de43fac5.jpg

Very nice sunset shots, funny thing is i find the 2nd pic much more attractive , hmmm suggestion better then actual event? LOL!
nice pics!

steely said:
Very nice sunset shots, funny thing is i find the 2nd pic much more attractive , hmmm suggestion better then actual event? LOL!
nice pics!

LOL ye, most people prefer the 2nd shot :) Too bad theres a huge bank of dark cloud on the horizon blocking the setting sun. I'm gonna try again someday

beeryguz said:
May I know which part of Sentosa this is taken from? Is it near Rasa Sentosa?

Yup, its the beach beside the carpark

BobCheong said:
LOL ye, most people prefer the 2nd shot :) Too bad theres a huge bank of dark cloud on the horizon blocking the setting sun. I'm gonna try again someday

Bob, I think it looks fine, the clouds adds "realism" making it a real-life shot, postcard perfection looks kinda contrived ... .hehehe, just my un-informed opinion.

nowis the right season to take sunset photo ... the weather is so hot! at least it won't rain ... :D unless you dun wanna get cook

@ sentosa... at sunset bay/ the new site seems slightly different but the sunset is great.

rasa sentosa would be on the half right ie 45 degrees from your front facing the sunset.

the sun will be setting into an island with palm trees and clouds... no pix... i saw using my eyes :)

Status
Not open for further replies.