I try the following s/w when viewing mi night shots

turns out the worst - blurr image
+Acdsee
+Window Picture and Fax Viewer

Images looks sharp and nice
+Ulead PhotoExplorer
+Internet Explorer

I use breezebrowser. Got exif data also.. shiok shiok

ACDSee gives the worst image? I have never encountered this problem in the years that I have been using it. It is fast, reliable, and easy to use. Just make sure it does not expand any low res pic to full screen. Internet Explorer can't even count as a decent image viewer, can't even arbitarily resize images, can't thumbnail, can't view EXIF data, etc.

Regards
CK

Actually, i wouldn't use WinXP as a photo browser - the Explorer interface is very slow to update.

Also, there are known problems with WinXP erasing EXIF information even if you do a thumbnail view. Not good at all.

it's true, i using acdsee for years, only yes when i compared them side by side, the quality of the image from acdsee really dissapointed me,

i am now going back to acdsee classic, it turns out better pictures

hahaha

Remember to adjest your adsee settings to bicubic instead of the default bilinear or something... :)

Originally posted by Zoomer
Remember to adjest your adsee settings to bicubic instead of the default bilinear or something... :)

cannot adjust leh, i am using 24bit true color

just found out that subsampling in acdsee or irfan viewer will blurr the image in night scenes, cant tell any different in daylight pictures

Originally posted by hong

cannot adjust leh, i am using 24bit true color

just found out that subsampling in acdsee or irfan viewer will blurr the image in night scenes, cant tell any different in daylight pictures
:dunno:

Hmm, that means its for infranview then.

I generally find Acdsee to be quite good. Infranview is also not bad, but its slideshow mode is not quite as flexibe as ACDsee's.

Paint Shop Pro. Good for editing as well as browsing. Perfect solution if you can't afford Adobe photoshop, or don't want the heavy program!

Reviving this thread..
I need a browser to view my photos (some are Nikon RAW files).. and I don't have a good solution yet..

*Nikon View 5
+ Can view RAW files
- A bit slow
- Doesn't allow me to rename the files
- Crashes occasionally

*WinXP
+ Quite fast (for JPEG)
- Cannot view RAW Files
- Troublesome to view EXIF information

*Bibble
+ Supposed to be fast
- Cannot view RAW files
- Cannot 'browse' .. have to exit back to thumbnail to view next

*ACDsee
+ Powerful
- Cannot view RAW

* EXIF Viewer
+ Excellent at providing EXIF info
+ very nice interface
- Cannot view RAW

irfanview is one of the better viewers around. it also provides for LOSSLESS jpg rotation. and moreover its FREE !!! and can be downloaded from tucows.starhub.net.sg :)

Originally posted by willyfoo

Where ??? Can't seem to find..

No, to edit RAW files, you need NIKON CAPTURE. Very powerful software, but expensive.

Originally posted by mylau

No, to edit RAW files, you need NIKON CAPTURE. Very powerful software, but expensive.

I just need to browse and rename... Nikon View 5 does not allow me to rename and does not render the photo nicely.. I have to go back to explorer to find the file to rename. I will still use Nikon Capture to edit the photos..

Status
Not open for further replies.