Best photo editing software

Thread title asking for "the Best" photo editing software, so what is "THE BEST", base on what?

for some people, as long is free and cheap is the best,

for some, easy to use is the best,

for some, more functions is the best,

for some, most powerful is the best

is very subjective isn't it? best for me does not equal to best for you.

so, please don't ask for the best,
ask what is suit you.

Thread title asking for "the Best" photo editing software, so what is "THE BEST", base on what?

for some people, as long is free and cheap is the best,

for some, easy to use is the best,

for some, more functions is the best,

for some, most powerful is the best

is very subjective isn't it? best for me does not equal to best for you.

so, please don't ask for the best,
ask what is suit you.

Yes agree some "best" may not be other's "best"

I feel that Photoshop has great editing features and they keep your quality too. GIMP is not bad, given that it's free. Have not tried others but feel that Photoshop is very useful if you learn how to edit pictures well.

Last edited:
I love Adobe Photoshop! Thomas Knoll ftw!

I have read up, for time lapse Lightroom is ideal as I can sync multiple photos to have the same adjustment settings. The down side is it does not seemed to provide the editing tools for me to do layering. Please provide your constructive advise. Thank you
If it's just this single feature then I'd recommend using LR for the main workflow (assuming that the other features suit your needs and the prices is reasonable to you) and use GIMP for this single step. LR allows reimporting of externally edited images, so you can continue with other steps after the layering and keep the overall workflow and picture management.

Last edited:
Another option is to get the student edition of CS 6 suite. ( if you have kids/siblings in school)

Another option is to get the student edition of CS 6 suite. ( if you have kids/siblings in school)

But then legally only your kids/siblings are allowed to use it.

But then legally only your kids/siblings are allowed to use it.

Police are going to camp outside your house to observe if unauthorized user at work.

Just get free / opensource.
No need worry about police hiding in bushes.
100% virus free. 100% zero dollar.
just need to change our mindset towards open source only.

PhotoPlus X6 so much cheaper and more features...
inside have a chart on How does PhotoPlus X6 compare? Adobe Photoshop CS6 vs Adobe Elements 11 vs PhotoPlus X6
Of course, as long as the vendor does the comparison his own products will always be the best .. come on, where is common sense?
If this product meets your needs it's fine, but these silly comparisons to PS are pointless.